• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
chubigans said:
I just played the Nurburg 24hr event in pitch black, in the rain, without any HUD.

agreebyrd.gif

This game is on a whole nother' level without any HUD. There's literally nothing between you and the driving...it's just a great experience, especially at night. Whoa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa44Eje71FU
Testify.

more stuff i just found out this update brings

- Race finish delay (20sec-180sec) (amar and I were just asking for this :lol )
- Player names on lobbies are black when connecting
- Country flags on the player list in online lobbies

turnbuckle said:
It was a pain, what worked for me was turning ABS off (all assists, actually), lowered the downforce as much as possible, and just sit in last place until the final lap. Impossible to hold a lead there and the AI has a deathwish, but drafting through the final lap should get you first pretty easily.

Also, making sure my oil was clean. I failed that race so many times trying different settings that I had to change my oil twice throughout the struggle.

NeoUltima said:
Turn off ABS if its not already.
Are they spinning you out? I intentionally kept behind the pack until the last two laps, then just pass them all quick before the finish.
edit: beat, and /w the same strategy

Thanks guys, I'll try that.

Help GAF

On the new time trial - Cape Ring Inside - i bought sports medium tyres for entering, but i can only chose confort tyres (the original) on the driving options in the pre-race screen, and the others appear but are grey out no matter what i do.
I even bought other tires but on the race the original tyres are the only ones i can use.

If i go with the car to practice mode i can chose whatever tyres i have.

As this bug happened to anyone?

BeeDog

Might just be a placebo effect, but did they change the illumination strength of the headlights? Feels like they light up a bigger chunk of the environment after the patch.

dwebo

Oh man I feel so lame turning on skid recovery force but it's easily a free second or two every lap. I couldn't gold the Fiat 500 one without it :lol

edit: Also, these are not races. They're just 5 lap overtaking challenges!

G Rom

I'm in the middle (well actually I don't know where I'm at with no HUD !:lol ) of the Indy 500 but for those who got problems finishing first in the seasonal event, did you put aero on your car ?
On all the cars that you have to use, you can put aero. Just crank the rear aero (only one you can tweak) to the max. It won't impact your top speed (at all ?) but will vastly improve cornering.
I think that this, getting the best tires possible and adjusting gear ratios when needed are the main keys to victory.

Loudninja

BeeDog said:
Might just be a placebo effect, but did they change the illumination strength of the headlights? Feels like they light up a bigger chunk of the environment after the patch.
Someone on GTplanet mention that as well.

TTG

Yay, won the Fiat 500 around tsukuba! Had to cut the gearing all the way down to a top speed of 87 to get some acceleration out of it. Came in 2nd a couple of times, said fuck it and ran 1st place off the road in the hairpin on the 5th lap :lol

Now it's time to get a honda CR-Z! I wish I hadn't permanently upgraded most of my cars and sold the rest, I thought my love affair with GT5 was over.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
what car did you guys use in gran turismo allstars? i tried with my nissan GTR stealth and got fucking owned :lol

NHale said:
The Dodge Challenger RT '70 Seasonal Event is really easy. Buy the car, a Racing Air Filter and Fully Custom Transmission. Tune it to 240 kph max = win it ease.

Spend less than 100.000 credits and win 700.000 credits in less than 10 minutes. Thank you Kaz. :lol

i must suck balls cause i got 3rd with those settings, car keeps drifting >:|

brentech

Tiduz said:
what car did you guys use in gran turismo allstars? i tried with my nissan GTR stealth and got fucking owned :lol

I've been using Zonda R '09
Keep getting 2nd for overall championship. Need to try again today.

-viper-

Banned
I used a Mazda 787B for GT All Stars. I kept on spinning out so I got pissed and used ASM and traction control :p

Won most races quite easily (except Nurburgring).

-viper-

Banned
Just beat the RX-7 challenge. Won by an inch :lol

0.045 seconds!

I wish I could take a pic but there is no fucking rewind in the replay options. So I can't get it to the finish line point.

TTG

lol, did Polyphony forget they had a lap battle license test on the CR-Z Tokyo track? :lol I'm in first place on the third lap. So much easier than the Fiat.

TTG

Tiduz said:
what car did you guys use in gran turismo allstars? i tried with my nissan GTR stealth and got fucking owned :lol|

I used a Mclaren F1. I know it's kind of a dick move to buy a 1mil credit car for one event, but what the fuck? :lol Any number of cars will do. If worse comes to worst, use the Minolta thing from "like the wind". That beats anything and everything.

Broseybrose

Tiduz said:

Found this at GT Planet and built it last night. Easy wins. Superb 4WD car, and if you go a little further with the engine tuning like i did after testing his config: 777bhp. :lol

Nissan GT-R '07 - Cr. 77,700 Level 17
Weight Reduction Stage 2, Engine Stage 1, Sports ECU, Racing Air Filter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Catalytic Converter: Sports, High RPM Range Turbo Kit, Soft Racing Tyres. - Cr. 85,450

Total Cost: Cr. 163,150
Why is it : Can be used in a lot of races.

Races:

Professional Series: Supercar Festival (LV 11), Gran Turismo World Championship (LV 14)
Expert Series: Tuned Car Championship (LV 15), Turbo Challenge (LV 17), Japanese Championship (LV 18), Polyphony Digital Cup (LV 19)
Extreme Series: Super GT (LV 22)
Endurance Series: Grand Valley 300km (LV 25)

Whoever said the Mclaren F1 was more fun than the Enzo wasnt kidding around. At 980kg, you can throw it around the corners more easily too. But goddamn, does it ever demand throttle control, moreso than the Enzo.

Broseybrose said:
Found this at GT Planet and built it last night. Easy wins. Superb 4WD car, and if you go a little further with the engine tuning like i did after testing his config: 777bhp. :lol

Weight Reduction Stage 2, Engine Stage 1, Sports ECU, Racing Air Filter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Catalytic Converter: Sports, High RPM Range Turbo Kit, Soft Racing Tyres. - Cr. 85,450

Races:

Professional Series: Supercar Festival (LV 11), Gran Turismo World Championship (LV 14)
Expert Series: Tuned Car Championship (LV 15), Turbo Challenge (LV 17), Japanese Championship (LV 18), Polyphony Digital Cup (LV 19)

Why not max it out @ 850 BHP and implement Tier 3 weight reduction?

-viper-

Banned
Broseybrose said:

Races:

Notice how it can't be used for the GT All Stars championship :p

You probably need a Le Mans Prototype car, considering that is what the A.I. cars all are. 800-900hp monsters.

TTG

theignoramus said:
Whoever said the Mclaren F1 was more fun than the Enzo wasnt kidding around. At 980kg, you can throw it around the corners more easily too. But goddamn, does it ever demand throttle control, moreso than the Enzo.

I know what I'm talking about. :lol Make sure you're on race soft tires. Even then, on some tracks it's a hassle, but great for most! Even on Nurburgring GP circuit where traction in corner exits is everything, I was able to set the fastest time. It took me like 20 laps to do it though, not exactly consistent.

TTG

-viper- said:
Notice how it can't be used for the GT All Stars championship :p

You probably need a Le Mans Prototype car, considering that is what the A.I. cars all are. 800-900hp monsters.

monsters, shmonsters. I think I got 1st on all but one circuit there. Hitting everyone over the head with some beast grows old quickly.

Omiee

i got the enzo with my second account and gifted it to myself, ill concider that my prizecar for the online events PD.

-viper-

Banned
I've only got the Fiat 500 challenge left to gold and at best got silver. I'm like a second or two behind and I don't know how to make it up.

Update to the Neogaffer in a Reasonably Priced Car times:

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

zjPF2.png
0NcF7.png

XECBk.png
ccAvG.png

1BlgP.png
Hqzhp.png

Remember, you only have 11 more days to submit a time for this car, before we switch to the next car. All info on how to participate in this post:
NRPC

Top Bottom