• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I drank a Starbucks Nitro an d now I can't sleep

Holy fuck is there any way to make me KO? I'm going to be so dead at work tomorrow. I feel so uncomfortable staying awake like this, and I just keep making noises. I'm so sleepy and want to sleep but at the same time I feel a rush of energy and I can't sleep! Ugh I don't know what to do!

pa22word

Just lay down and chill. Read a book or something. As your heart rate drops the effects of the caffine overload will subside and eventually your body's sleep demand will win.

But seriously: why the hell you drinking such a thing at such a time?!

pa22word

Just drink another one before work. Problem solved.
Caffine in large doses has never helped me in times of sleep deprivation, personally. When the effects wear off and I crash I always end up feeling a thousand times worse for wear. Drinking a ton of water and snacking throughout the day always tends to help me survive.

rainz

Melatonin if you have it laying around... will override that caffeine im pretty sure, works for me anyways..

MilkBeard

Caffine in large doses has never helped me in times of sleep deprivation, personally. When the effects wear off and I crash I always end up feeling a thousand times worse for wear. Drinking a ton of water and snacking throughout the day always tends to help me survive.

Yes, I've always found that when I'm sleep deprived, caffeine makes the situation much worse.

JMTHEFOX

- Drink a lot of water
- Do some meditation
- Read some lighthearted books
- Count sheep
- Don't use your electronics (phone, computer, etc)
- Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks. Instead, drink some warm milk or non-caffeine beverages such as ginger ale.

Sorry to hear about your caffeine problem OP. Fingers crossed that you will solve it ASAP.

Crayolan

Drink another one before work and tough it out through the day. Don't drink highly caffeinated drinks at night in the future.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
What is a Starbucks Nitro?
tyrone-biggums-gif-10.gif

Marijuana? Alcohol? Kava Kava root? Twice the recommended dosage of melatonin supplements?

I don't have any advice without chemical sedatives because they're the only things that let me sleep. Fight fire
drugs
with fire
drugs.

Twice the dosage of melatonin supplements + 2 beers = the sleep of the gods.

gamz

That's my jam every morning. Nitro is the shit! I just wish it was available at more Starbucks.

As for the OP why in the hell did you take it so late?!??

It's just some shitty cold brew they farted nitrogen into, not some caffeine, sugar and taurine boosted monstrosity.

Op, you might be suffering from a severe case of placebo. Go to sleep.

gamz

What is a Starbucks Nitro?

It's only available at selected Starbucks. It's basically coffee that runs through nitrous and makes it stronger, but taste smooth as hell. It's comes out of a tap and even has a head on it. Smooth, creamy with a huge kick!

Nipo

It's just some shitty cold brew they farted nitrogen into, not some caffeine, sugar and taurine boosted monstrosity.

Op, you might be suffering from a severe case of placebo. Go to sleep.

There is 280 mg of caffeine in a Nitro cold brew. There is 200 mg in the same size regular cold brew, but if you get a large cold brew it has 300 mg which is comparable.

Edit: For comparison Red Bull has 111 mg and Monster has 86. OP basically slammed a couple energy drinks before bed.

Owari

On a side note: the fact that Nitro is so uncommon at Starbucks is really annoying. Have some brand consistency ya fools!

Saya

I had to google what nitro was. It is basically a cold brew. I didn't know Starbucks was on the cold brew train already. Yeah that stuff can mess you up if you're not used to it.

Holy fuck is there any way to make me KO? I'm going to be so dead at work tomorrow. I feel so uncomfortable staying awake like this, and I just keep making noises. I'm so sleepy and want to sleep but at the same time I feel a rush of energy and I can't sleep! Ugh I don't know what to do!

Why did you drink it?

ChazGW7

Whatever you do don't stay up until you have work, even a small amount of sleep is better than no sleep. Seriously.

Just close your eyes and you'll fall asleep eventually. Posting on GAF ain't the solution bruh.

Also, make sure your alarm is extra fucking loud.

Top Bottom