• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 joins the loot box family

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1506961986043zgus3.jpg

The same game (59.99) that is launching with several present day moves as dlc of modern wrestlers in the base game also apparently has loot boxes. Thanks 2K.
a7aaac3d3103b5de-600x400.jpg

Neptonic

This is exactly what i wanted from my wrestling game where all I want to do is watch dumb created character AI fights.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2K has managed to cram every single micro transaction imaginable all into one game. I'm kind of impressed by how shitty it all is.

Tensketch

They need to focus on bringing features back into the game before they start adding shitty new ones that nobody wants.

Create a finisher for gods sake.

atomsk

Party Pooper
and the same game putting out a $30 Season pass that has less content than last year.

These boxes are (so far) confined to the Road to Glory mode, which seems to be an online version of the MyCareer mode.

Now, according to 2K...

WR7dUxb.jpg

yeah, FOR NOW. Forza 6 put in microtransactions 2 months after launch.

If not this year, then certainly next year.

2K gonna 2K

also the online servers for this game are garbage every year

They have CAW parts (and moves?) in tho 🤔🤔🤔

This seems like it's a MyCareer for online. It actually looks pretty cool if playing online isn't shitty this year.

It will most likely be shitty.

I don't know if it affects offline at all.

Rellik

Remember when we all wanted the WWE games to get away from THQ? I regret that. They have actually ended up with a worse publisher (As shown immediately by keeping Yukes)

THQ made better UFC games too.

Bring back (the real) THQ.

They will absolutely add pay for loot boxes a few months after launch. Once all the reviews are set in stone. Just fucking wait. Scumbags.

Remember when 2K were the chosen ones, the rebel upstarts so good the Man had to go around backchannels to shut them down?

Between this and NBA, they're among the worst of the worst when it comes to shoving F2P level microtransactions into full-price games.

I'm surprised it took them this long to put this crap on the WWE games franchise.

Well, now it makes sense why their are releasing the Switch and PC versions the the same time with the others, later down the road they will add the "benefit" to pay for more loot boxes to progress faster.

And people, of course, will buy them all.

This industry sucks.
Name any entertainment industry that doesn't nickle and dime consumers. Where there is money greedy companies will want it.

Take2s greed knows no bounds at this point. GTA online and evolve are by far the worst gaas and I'm sure this will probably be worse.

Alienous

I'm sure this yearly franchise is just now trying to turn a profit.

I going to be buying a lot less games in the near future.

kaishek

Neo Member
Remember when 2K were the chosen ones, the rebel upstarts so good the Man had to go around backchannels to shut them down?

Between this and NBA, they're among the worst of the worst when it comes to shoving F2P level microtransactions into full-price games.

corporations are never our friends

and the same game putting out a $30 Season pass that has less content than last year.

These boxes are (so far) confined to the Road to Glory mode, which seems to be an online version of the MyCareer mode.

Now, according to 2K...

WR7dUxb.jpg

2K gonna 2K

This should be in the OP but no one is going to read the thread and throw in their hot take. If they do add a money option that will suck.

Ah, remember when we heard 2K would be getting the WWE rights and we thought the games might actually improve.

Shame because that Road to Glory idea seems neat, I just have no faith in 2K to not botch it completely.

2K has always a greedy ass company thats owned by arguably this worst company in the industryk, Take 2.

ViciousDS

Banned
and I wonder why I'm enjoying PC, Switch and Nostalgia retro games more than half the shit we get fed these days.

This industry is turning to shit for any big AAA game it seems.

Now, according to 2K...

WR7dUxb.jpg

2K gonna 2K

its 2K, do you seriously think they won't.....ALL their games have bullshit micro transactions.....can't wait for RDR2 to sell us singleplayer loot crates and the online to have desert cards for multiplayer cash

Top Bottom