• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

benzy

gtsportdemo9_991photoshop_by_vspectra-dbpvodu.gif

gtsportdemo9_92photoshop_by_vspectra-dbpvpem.gif

JP

Just out of interest, I'd love to see how many hours people have spent watching this before it's even gone live. I assume that it won't be tracked though due to the servers being offline.

I've been hoping for a Digital Foundry breakdown of this but I suppose that it does make a lot morse sense for them to wait until they can actually play the demo first.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I love how it looks and runs with few complaints others mentioned. I don’t see cam shake when cats collide or when a car hits a wall. I see the aliasing in game in demo races. I see the bitmap reflection and shadow issues. I love what I’m seeing anyway. It is gorgeous and running on console hardware. I see some things on my set which are blocky that shouldn’t be. In a Dodge SRT, on the dash, the word Spedometer is screwed up. I can overlook that too.

benzy

Yeah, Lake Maggiore is their best looking fantasy track. Hope they'll remake Trial Mountain and El Capitan to this standard.

I REALLY doubt it looks that good during gameplay.

Still the demo will be out on monday, so if Kaz proves me wrong, I'm still a happy man.

That's the replay with gameplay camera, which always looked the exact same as actual gameplay and runs at the same framerate with no extra effects like dof and motion blur.

Crayon

It's crazy how this game looks better than Driveclub at 60fps to boot.

Apples to apples, The crazy stuff has been (on reg ps4) 30fps. That is the "replay cam". This indeed stomps driveclubs throat with a set of football cleats.

But when you get the gamplay view, it goes 60fps and the motion blur is gone. The motion blur seriously changes the image.

Maybe the 60fps gameplay looks better than 30fps dc, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Imo, the motion blur "blurs out" a lot of information (pixels) and our brains fill in the missing detail better than a game could. Plus it's reminicent of how we percieve things in real life. It make a huge impression especially when done this well.

On the other hand it is blur and it does not really work like it does irl so there is a case for having it off.

Since gts can switch from blur@30 to noblur@60 so easily, I would kind of like the option to pick...

I'd play in 30 with the blur.

Yeah, Lake Maggiore is their best looking fantasy track. Hope they'll remake Trial Mountain and El Capitan to this standard.

That's the replay with gameplay camera, which always looked the exact same as actual gameplay and runs at the same framerate with no extra effects like dof and motion blur.

True, but from what I've seen better LOD on trees too during the beta.

Still, it was the beta.

Hwoar

Still the demo will be out on monday, so if Kaz proves me wrong, I'm still a happy man.

Yes I don't believe it either, lets hope for something as close as possible to those short cockpit sections in the current replays of the demo.

Edit: or maybe that view isn't any different from gameplay? (based on Benzy's comment)

Aoples to apples, The crazy stuff has been (on reg ps4) 30fps. That is the "replay cam". This indeed stomps driveclubs throat with a set of football cleats.

But when you get the gamplay view, it goes 60fps and the motion blur is gone. The motion blur seriously changes the image.

Maybe the 60fps gameplay looks better than 30fps dc, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

I'm, the motion blur "blurs out" a lot of information (pixels) and our brains fill in the missing detail better than a game could. Plus it's reminicent of how we percieve things in real life. It make a huge impression especially when done this well.

On the other hand it is blur and it does not really work like it does irl so there is a case for having it off.

Since gts can switch from blur@30 to noblur@60 so easily, I would kind of like the option to pick...

I'd play in 30 with the blur.

I mentioned earlier that I would love to have that option as well! It shouldn't be too hard to implement since, as you mentioned, it is able to switch between the two modes on the fly.

eso76

Not fair comparison as the pro did not exist at that time? I guess that the default ps4 graphics will not look in direct like what we are seeing posted here.

In GIFs? Looks exactly the same.

And the bits of replay where it switches to cockpit camera, those are likely exactly what in-game looks like, those are also 60fps.

Crayon

Not fair comparison as the pro did not exist at that time? I guess that the default ps4 graphics will not look in direct like what we are seeing posted here.

If you look at gifs from the amateur vs pro, you may find them indistinguishable. The difference is >1080 resolution and framerates, both of which are crushed out of a gif and even many screenshots or videos.

Soundtrack so far

Menu BGM:
45 Dip - Lizzie's Balloon
Charles Schillings - No Communication, No Love
chunnel U - Blue Phoenix
Doctor Rockit - Café de Flore (Charles Webster's Latin Lovers Mix)
Hiroaki Kanai - The Road to Coachella 20XX
I:Cube - Adore
Kay Nakayama - 2 My Heart - Happy Incept Day Mix
Kay Nakayama - Baby So Free
Kay Nakayama - Body And Mind
Kay Nakayama - Space
Kay Nakayama - Summer Crystal
Kay Nakayama - Sunshine
Kay Nakayama - Supreme Moment
Kay Nakayama - Together
Kay Nakayama and Cathy Battistessa - Glasstress
KEMMEI - majestic blue (this is the track incorrectly identified as "Vis (GT Sport Version)")
Kenji Kato - get ready
Kenji Kato - lineage
Lenny Ibizarre - All About The Girl
Lenny Ibizarre - Dazzle dream
Lenny Ibizarre - Dreambird
Lenny Ibizarre - Ethereal
Lenny Ibizarre - Forbidden Fruit
Lenny Ibizarre - Futurescape
Lenny Ibizarre - Grace
Lenny Ibizarre - Horizons
Lenny Ibizarre - Melancholia
Lenny Ibizarre - One World
Lenny Ibizarre - Pink Flamingo
Lenny Ibizarre - Psychonavigator
Lenny Ibizarre - Retreat To The Forest
Lenny Ibizarre - Sixtyfour Hippos
Lenny Ibizarre - Sundry
Lenny Ibizarre - The Aoen
Lenny Ibizarre - The Eye Of God
Lenny Ibizarre - The Lizard Dream
Lenny Ibizarre - The Local Floatery
Lenny Ibizarre - Underwater World
Lenny Ibizarre - Vision
Lenny Ibizarre - What can you do
Lenny Ibizarre - When The Ocean Smiles
Mark Farina - Dream Machine feat. Sean Hayes (Downtempo Mix)
Mirror System - Blue Ocean
Mirror System - Chic Psychedelic
Mirror System - Far Journeys
Mirror System - Love Machine
Mirror System - The Colour of Love (is not listed as "N-Port Version" in-game)
Mirror System - Warn the West
Mo' Horizons - Flyin' Away
Mr. V - Jus Dance (Sole Channel Mix)
Naoki"naotyu-"Chiba - #99Player's
Naoki"naotyu-"Chiba - Brickyard
Naoki"naotyu-"Chiba - The Pass
Naoki"naotyu-"Chiba - SpeedWorld
Pink Martini - Sympathique
RAM - Symphonic movement (Seems to have multiple tracks in this one, including the instrumental version of "The Lobster")
Slow Train Soul - In the Black of Night
Stéphane Pompougnac - Morenito feat. Clémentine
S-Tone Inc. - Con Mi Sombra
Tyme./Tatsuya Yamada - Night floating
Variety Lab - I Can't Help Thinking About You
Variety Lab - London in the Rain
Yasuhisa Inoue - Awaking
Yasuhisa Inoue - Glass Substrate
Yasuhisa Inoue - Process Control
Yasuhisa Inoue - Repetitive Manufacturing (this is the track incorrectly identified as "Cone Pone Tone")

Race/Replay BGM:
A Tribe Called Quest - Dis Generation
Ayato Shinozaki - TOMAHAWK
Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve - Iron Age
Black Sun Empire & State of Mind - Kill That Noise (GT Sport Edit)
Capa - Accelerate
Childish Gambino - Riot
Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best
Daaam!!! - Life On The Mothership
Daaam!!! - Onset (Instr)
daiki kasho - 50UL ON D!SPLAY (GT5 track)
daiki kasho - AL1V3 (GT6 track)
daiki kasho - All my life (GT6 track)
daiki kasho - Break Down (GT4 track)
daiki kasho - Day to Live (GT5 track)
daiki kasho - Good Days Bad Days (GT4 track)
daiki kasho - It's All About You (GT4 track)
daiki kasho - Looking for you (GT6 track)
daiki kasho - Place in this world (GT6 track)
daiki kasho - Shadows of Our Past (GT5 track)
daiki kasho - Soul Surfer (GT4 track)
daiki kasho - What to Believe (GT4 track)
daiki kasho - Wicked (GT4 track)
DANGER - 4h30
Deap Vally - Post Funk
Delta Heavy - Arcadia
Digitalism - Battlecry
DZ Deathrays - Fixations (AL-P of MSTRKRFT Remix)
Fred V & Grafix - Basilisk
Future Islands - Beauty of the Road
HEALTH - STONEFIST (Remix by Boys Noize featuring Empress Of)
James Egbert - Jettison (Radio Edit)
Juno Reactor - Alien
Juno Reactor - Return of the Pistolero
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Evil Death Roll
Lemaitre - Stepping Stone (feat. Mark Johns)
London Elektricity - Tone Poem
Lynx - Rim Shock
MAKOTO - Black Mist (GT6 track)
MAKOTO - Drive On Coins (GT5 track, is indeed the Gonno track from GT5)
MAKOTO - Flying Easy (GT6 track)
Matt Anthony - Do It Again
Meatbodies - Disorder
Mefjus - Blitz
Metrik - LIFE/THRILLS (feat. NAMGAWD)
Nittoku Inoue - Burn out (GT6 track)
Nittoku Inoue - GET AWAY (GT5 track)
Nittoku Inoue - Kill Switch
Nittoku Inoue - ROAD STAR
Nittoku Inoue - Runabout (GT5 track)
Nittoku Inoue - Take Control (GT5 track)
No Nothings - A Country Song
Palms - Beatdown
PINS - Baby Bhangs
Pissed Jeans - The Bar Is Low
Powerless - Sky Drive (911 GT3 RS trailer background song)
Powerless - Vanquish
RA - Prism (Trentemøller Remix)
Savages - Sad Person
Savages - The Answer
Speaker of the House - Wide Awake
Spring King - City
Spring King - Tell Me If You Like To
Taku Yoshioka feat. YAMATO - Right After The Break (GT6 track)
The M Machine - Moon Song (Digitalism Remix)
The Qemists - Run You (Vocal)
Tom-H@ck - Ebullience (GT6 track)
Tom-H@ck - I was Born to Survive (GT6 track)
Ty Segall - 20th Century Boy
Ty Segall - Break a Guitar
Vant - Do You Know Me
Vince Staples - BagBak
Wesley Fuller - The Dancer
Woodkid - Run Boy Run (original version, not the instrumental)
Young Fathers - Get Up

Credit to Need4Speed685 from GTplanet.

KdotIX

What kind of sick world do we live in when us Euro plebs have to get through a whole day of work tomorrow before we can enjoy this beauty of a racing title! It looks simply outstanding - attention to detail is simply second to none.

only a day away but i need to see it for myself before commenting. the last few GT games gameplay looks did not = replays. was disappointed with prior releases

How is this beta go to interact with the full game? Am I gonna have to download those 40 GB again or will it just "unlock" the rest of the game at launch if I purchase?

m4st4

Probably a stupid question but essential for my day one decision: can I actually play any of those tracks while racing? So far none of the videos have any music, only the menus.

Again sorry for the banal question I just can't find a direct answer anywhere.

p3n

Yeah and Deep Forest :D
I really hope GTS has a stellar post launch support.
It ain't a GT game if Deep Forest doesn't make it in. It is the perfect general setup and test track. I really really REALLY need that track in this game at one point....with VR support.
really!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I put like 500 hours into GT3 - it was my very first PS2 game.

Haven't really gone back to GT since. But man, almost every other racer these days has bored me to tears - thinking about hoping back in on Sport. These gifs are sublime.

How is this beta go to interact with the full game? Am I gonna have to download those 40 GB again or will it just "unlock" the rest of the game at launch if I purchase?

How is a demo 43 Gb?

I assume it's the full game and when you buy it, you only download small unlock key to get the rest of the game.

It's definitely the full game. The store page for it lists the demo as a "full game trial"

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/gran-turismo-sport/cid=UP9000-CUSA03220_00-GTSPORTS00000000

Niks

Probably a stupid question but essential for my day one decision: can I actually play any of those tracks while racing? So far none of the videos have any music, only the menus.

Again sorry for the banal question I just can't find a direct answer anywhere.

Yeah music can be played while racing, if the question is can you select which tracks you want to listen to.. dunno.

I think in GT5 you could select which tracks would play.

Putty

Yeah, there's that LOD that spoils the quality some what. Hope they manage to minimise it in the demo.

On the Beta sorry not demo i only found it distracting on the Ring due to the gazillion tree's and to a lesser extent on Brands Hatch, looks like it's still there going by what i'm seeing during the demo attract mode replays...

Woodchipper

Jesus H Christ.. I’m just admiring the menu/replay demos right now, and it is mind blowingly beautiful. The car models, the materials and the lighting is out of this world, and that’s on an original PS4/SDR TV setup!

Finally Gran Turismo is once more the leader when it comes to graphics, which I don’t think it has been since Gran Turismo 3 really.

Top Bottom