• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Dovahking

rL9x0Zz.gif

mXw9DEj.gif

I just installed the demo so that I can gawk at the menus. I must be stupid or something because I can't figure out for the life of me how to adjust the screen size during the Video Output setting wizard. No buttons increase the screen size and I'm stuck looking at a fat black border around the games image. What am I missing...?

*Edit* I had to adjust the border using the PS4 dashboard's Sound and Screen Settings page! Weird...maybe my system reverted to default after updating to 5.0.

bombshell

I'm from Indonesia, I look at the gimx blog and looks like they do ship overseas. so I think I'll look into it.

how well does DF GT work for GT Sports though since it's not officially supported.

It works perfect since GIMX emulates the officially supported G29 wheel, so the PS4 does not know that you're using a DFGT.

bombshell

It really does look like weather will be missing for release :/

How can Kaz write the following only 3 days ago, if it's not in the game?
This year you’ll be able to race from the streets of Tokyo, through the iconic Nurburgring to the dirtiest of rally tracks. With a total of 40 courses (17 locations), you’ll have the chance to test your racing skills in a host of different environments from around the world, and customise your experiences by playing across different times of the day and through varied weather conditions.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...car-classes-and-tracks-of-gran-turismo-sport/

Putty

One thing i'd like which i've not seen and thats camera shake from trackside camera's as the car's whizz close by...

Fredrik

There needs to be more screenshake in the cockpit view.

Right now it appears the driver has a neck of steel.
I think it's still up in the air if it's an option and simply disabled here, nobody seem to know what's in or not in the full version. But yeah I totally agree, now that I'm playing both Project Cars 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 it's really sticking out that the current GTS videos don't show any camera shake even if they're super pretty in every other way. Right now it's not even there in crashes as seen in the videos just posted:

JP

GYt3xR2.gif

I think I just shot some sparks looking at this.
Mmmmmm, HDR.

EDIT:
It's reassuring to be seeing visual damage in the live demos. I know it was there in the betas but it does appear to be a easier to get visible damage now, I do still want far more extensive damage visual damage to incorporated though.

ghibli99

Woah :eek: Crazy graphics and the lighting is just insane, the reflections from the dashboard is leagues ahead of anything else here!

But there is that one thing that annoys me... There is not even a slight vibration when you smash into another car here. :(
Is that stuff still in the game or what's the deal here? Some videos show it, some don't. In this gif it looks like they just took the old GT bumper cam and slapped a huge interior frame obscuring the view with some hands/wheel animations ontop of the picture. There is no visual feedback at all that you crash into the other car, looks extremely lazy compared to what all other racers do at this point, and imo it really sticks out a lot when everything else is so top-notch. :/
Yeah, the lack of any sort of movement/vibration is strange. First time I've really noticed it, and it must be from playing the FM7 demo quite a bit in its great cockpit mode (w/o the steering wheel). But damn, all these other gifs are just crazy. Can't wait to try it tomorrow!

benzy

Snow weather was only available in rally in past GTs so it's probably the same here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKeF6dzSk8U

at 5:20 while he's going through the track selection, he says: "we've been asked if you can race while it's snowing, but that'll depend on the track (?)"

i'm inclined to believe that they're saving that as a surprise. maybe they'll do a video on weather conditions.

Yeah. They still haven't officially unveiled weather options like heavy fog even though Kaz confirmed at e3 this is playable.

pjeivn.gif

Goldrusher

are you dutch? i can't really make out the final word.

"maar dat zal ook afhangen van de [track?]"
"but that'll depend on the [track?]"

"van welke kaart"

At 9:53 he again uses "kaart" (= map) when talking about the track.

ethomaz

Banned
The US Beta had the menu to race conditions disabled in Arcade Mode but you could see: Dirt, Snow, Rain (combined with different time of day), etc.

The only option without ToD are Snow and Dirt... I think these will have only one ToD.

More 12 hours...

benzy

The US Beta had the menu to race conditions disabled in Arcade Mode but you could see: Dirt, Snow, Rain (combined with different time of day), etc.

The only option without ToD are Snow and Dirt... I think these will have only one ToD.

I don't remember seeing this at all and I was always in arcade mode before they disabled it.

Hwoar

Ah ok, cool. The track list is complete so I'm guessing the rally tracks will get a snow variant.

I wouldn't count on it based on what that guy said. He sounds pretty clueless troughout the video. He also says that there are no fantasy tracks in the game right before the guy wants to play Dragon trail.

benzy

I wouldn't count on it based on what that guy said. He sounds pretty clueless troughout the video. He also says that there are no fantasy tracks in the game right before the guy wants to play Dragon trail.

Lol, I guess that's it for that. I didn't even open the video and thought it was a Kaz interview in Dutch.

Top Bottom