• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP2/NGP HD Game Reel And Video Screengrabs

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Was this 'direct feed' of the sizzle reel posted? I think the EU Playstation site put it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqD8zJJCZ0&feature=player_embedded

Available in up to 720p.

Some captures from the more direct bits. These, of course, are not going to be as clean as direct grabs, but I guess it's the best we have for now. Some of the footage is good quality - the Hot Shots stuff for example, but the Uncharted video feed is ropey as f-ck, so I shall spare you captures from that. These shots are taken from the 720p vid, resized to 960 horizontal with the 'cheapest' scaling I can use.

// Mod Edit

Spiegel said:
RHVR3.png

sVTxQ.png

6J0bt.png

fEn6R.png

xGyVN.png

oyzT1.jpg
Spiegel said:
SolidSnakex said:
That was me. There's just something about it that reminds me of Malicious

gxw7V.jpg

v8Ul9.jpg
yencid said:
20kzkna.gif

Who do we think is behind this? LVL5? capcom? Cyber connect? any others?
// End Mod Edit

0QGQT.jpg

qmU7o.jpg

AQe9v.jpg

xMf9L.jpg

mf6Zy.jpg

5cLRq.jpg

gJmGk.jpg

After seeing that video, I'm entirely convinced the LBP footage is simply taken from 2. It looks exactly the same, and I don't for one solitary second believe that's possible :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
KAL2006 said:
that post is missing

Broken and Smart As

Yeah, it's missing a few games. I went for the ones that had direct-direct footage, whereas those were shown on the NGP in someone's hands. Same with wipeout. Which, btw, looks exceptional if it is as shown, pretty much the same as HD.

Resistance also looks better than I first thought from that vid. Killzone still looks kind of rough, but maybe that's a little unfair...

i want to believe that Little Deviant won't play like a Tech Demo. Gravity Daze looks very interesting. will buy LBP for NGP. hopefully this time they keep features instead of remove ;D

spats

I just noticed "L2" and "R2" in the Hustle Kings screenshot. So, clickable sticks or virtual backpad buttons? Place your bets. :p

Durante

I hope HSG is a launch title. It would be nice to have at least one game I really want to justify my gadget purchase.

guina

spats said:
I just noticed "L2" and "R2" in the Hustle Kings screenshot. So, clickable sticks or virtual backpad buttons? Place your bets. :p
Nice catch, has to be clickable sticks.

Edit: On the Killzone part of the video the R buttont is named R1.

spats said:
could just be really a video from the PSN game with the words "Working Title" placed on top? ;P

sajj316

Strike said:
They're completely different hardware.

This and WaW/MW2 ran respectable on the PS3. I don't think it would be a problem. They can further downsample the textures (if its possible to downsample already crappy textures).

Alias03

spats said:

I also noticed that. Isn't Hustle Kings on PS3 as well? I figured they just took gameplay from the PS3 version if thats the case. If you notice the PS buttons are also in color something that PSP and NGP (at least on the actually handheld itself) lacks.

spats

I still think the game is running on the ngp, but maybe they just haven't touched the ui yet. The reflections aren't that bad in the ps3 version.

Sorry for bringing it up, I guess.

Alias03 said:
If you notice the PS buttons are also in color something that PSP and NGP (at least on the actually handheld itself) lacks.

The Hot Shots Golf video was like that too, I thought they'd fixed it in the demo but they're coloured in the replay camera. It says R and not R1 in that game too.

spats said:
I still think the game is running on the ngp, but maybe they just haven't touched the ui yet. The reflections aren't that bad in the ps3 version.

Sorry for bringing it up, I guess.

Could well be an early port, the video quality doesn't help.

yurinka

The video looks real time even it's at 720p (jaggies, etc). I bet 720p (stretched, not native) TV output in a future SKU.

Killzone looks far better in direct feed. Resistance still sucks graphically IMO, but I understand it would be in early stages of development.

I would say WipEout it's a WOHD port. If it is, let's hope it has another Fury-like expansion included and that we can export our WOHD game save.

gofreak said:
Was this 'direct feed' of the sizzle reel posted? I think the EU Playstation site put it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqD8zJJCZ0&feature=player_embedded

After seeing that video, I'm entirely convinced the LBP footage is simply taken from 2. It looks exactly the same, and I don't for one solitary second believe that's possible :p

I would say the rats / hamsters are simpler than in the PS3 LBP2 trailer.

Edit: nope, they're quite similar (but great job if real, at lower resolution would look great):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Bb7_J7MoQ&feature=related

But worse textures in the BG and maybe worse lighting than the PS3 version. Compare NGP 1:07 vs PS3 0:37.

Takao

Banned
I really hope Smart As doesn't have AR mini-games, because Sony will have some dead kids on their hands if they do what the promo video does for the rapper rat mini-game.
Why isn't a certain rapping dog?

Gravity Daze looks really interesting. Momentum based gameplay?

Spiegel

Killzone has R1 too

mU7P1.png

And seeing this image, I'm guessing the game will have a mix of gameplay with the bird's-eye view from KZL and the typical first person view.

yurinka

Spiegel said:
Killzone has R1 too

mU7P1.png

And seeing this image, I'm guessing the game will have a mix of gameplay with the bird's-eye view from KZL and the typical FPS view.
So this would be the rumored Killzone Liberation 2 that was supposed to be in the works for PSP?

Eteric Rice

Anyone looking at that animated screenshot and wondering why they're fighting in a dark version of the Fortress of Solitude? :|

Takao

Banned
Spiegel said:
Killzone has R1 too

http://i.imgur.com/mU7P1.png[IMG]

And seeing this image, I'm guessing the game will have a mix of gameplay with the bird's-eye view from KZL and the typical first person view.[/QUOTE]

I think that's someone calling in an air strike. I've never been a huge Killzone player, but in other FPS games that's a common view for that, no?

Alias03

I really want to see/know more about Broken. I think that game has great potential for using a lot of NPGs features. Does anyone here know more or is that 8-10 seconds of gameplay all we have so far?

Developer?? I hope they go for a Max Payne/dark and gritty noir feel for the story.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Agree with spats about Hustle Kings - I think they just lifted the UI and haven't changed it. But I think the game is as it is on NGP - the image quality is quite different to the PS3 game, and I don't think it's just video-quality issues. Plus, they do show touch-stuff.

Kafel

Banned
What's the point of releasing images bigger than the NGP's screens ? The handeld can be connected to the TV to play the games on a bigger screen ?

LCfiner

Killzone has got to be way earlier in development than some of those other titles. There's no character shadows and practically no lighting/ post processing effects.

I'm a sucker for the hot shot golf games so i'd definitely pick that up whenever it hits. Looks good.

StuBurns

Banned
LCfiner said:
Killzone has got to be way earlier in development than some of those other titles. There's no character shadows and practically no lighting/ post processing effects.

I'm a sucker for the hot shot golf games so i'd definitely pick that up whenever it hits. Looks good.
Or maybe they're making big sacrifices to make it 60Hz, that'd sell me.

btkadams

LCfiner said:

yeah i loved hot shots for ps3 (embarrassed to say it was my first and only hot shots game). i'm really stoked for it! if they have that and wipeout at launch ill be happy. there's a lot of psp games i missed out on and with the B/C i'll have plenty to play at launch.

CamHostage

guina said:
Nice catch, has to be clickable sticks.

Edit: On the Killzone part of the video the R buttont is named R1.

I don't know what's up with the Killzone naming, but the Hustle Kings might be just them converting the code really quick and not adapting the button graphics. That'd be an easy thing to put off (though SCE should have caught it.) The visuals look fairly different from what I'm used to with the PS3 game, but you don't get a great look at the game in the clip so it's hard to say.

yurinka said:
So this would be the rumored Killzone Liberation 2 that was supposed to be in the works for PSP?

I'm not sure there's enough evidence in the clip (there's not much walking around but it doesn't look like those melee sequences were bounces to a killcam, it looked like these were traditional FPS sequences) I sure hope so. Liberation was a great way to spin the franchise off (I actually don't like Killzone FPS but I'm a huge fan of Liberation, I was actually disappointed when I saw the trailer that it seemed like just another Killzone and not something unique) and NGP's controls could do a lot with that top-down or multi-perspective style of play.

gofreak said:

If you look closely at the NGP Hub OS video, I believe one of the buttons for LBP says "Little Big Planet 2". Doesn't prove anything, and anything could change, but that'd point to where they're looking. If they can get the portable to run the console's UGC (and that's a tall order no matter how powerful NGP is, there might need to be a low-spec and high-spec for user-generated content,) I'm sure they'd be happy. Look at the Rock Band model and how they had to discontinue support of PSP, the double-dip approach might not be as lucrative as some might assume.

RedSwirl

If the NGP doesn't have HDMI out, at this point is it still worth finding a used PSP 3000 just for component out? I'm still rocking a 1000 here.

You know what they'll do? They'll think up some kind of Super Game Boy solution like a drive you can buy and attack to the PS3 (or PS4) that'll play NGP/PSP games, or maybe even an emulator that you have to buy on the PlayStation Store. It would make less sense than HDMI out but would still preserve Sony's unfounded fears of the NGP cannibalizing PS3 sales.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yep, that's one thing to NOT DO. Look at blown up pics and remember, they are not exactly close to final. Would be amazing to launch with Uncharted, CoD, PSN stuff, HSG, RR (hopefully), and more.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
One of those games will be a launch title if we're lucky. And that one game is most likely Ridge Racer.

Top Bottom