• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreleased concept art + videos uncovered! (SW1313, Gorilla Nation, GR:Wildlands ...)

Taker34

Banned
Hello GAF,

it's me once again with some interesting stuff I have found during the last few months. You might remember me from the Mass Effect: Andromeda gameplay leak thread a couple of weeks ago.
I managed to find more or less interesting material from cancelled or unreleased games. Please bear with me if some stuff is old or known. I may have also used watermarks so some of the artwork won't be used by others. Please understand.

So here are several different videos, screenshots, concept art and whatnot of a few cool little titles.

Star Wars 1313 Animation Video
sw1313_logo8zuvk.png

I really don't know if this one's 100% legit but a developer uploaded it not too long ago:
Working under Animation Director Jim Zachary in a revised direction on the tragically cancelled Star Wars: 1313, I edited motion capture files in Motionbuilder, working primarily with the droid, with the addition of both characters at timecode :35, the slide into cover at :40 and the injured walk at :47.
I was only responsible for the motion editing, which was a learning experience.
Animation video: https://vid.me/xc60

Ghost Recon NEXT (Wildlands)
Concept art gallery: http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=sgx8RlAr
page_11wouiy.png

Gorilla Nation (cancelled Ubisoft title):
You might remember the leaked video with the robot spider, set in a futuristic setting - London during the Olympic Games etc. I'm almost 100% certain, that this is the concept art for this cancelled title.

Concept art gallery: http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=uqdWmkjC
page2-3panoramat1uho.png

Project Kingdoms (Ryse on Xbox 360)
Gameplay:https://vid.me/NgEr
imagethsko.png

Heavy Rain (Alpha) + MoCap Session
heavy-rainmxu68.jpg

Video: https://vid.me/4hDF

Mass Effect Animation + Prototype Reel Footage
mass_effect_logokfjtk.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYE...ature=youtu.be

PFD

I also collected Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 prototype and alpha footage which could be edited into a good video... don't know if enough folks are interested though :)

Dude, of course we're interested!

Thanks for all the work

Jb

Some really cool stuff, thanks dude!
That Gorilla Nation project looked interesting, maybe they'll come back to it in a few years.

Whompa02

Lot of internal concept/FPO stuff there.

Those 1313 animations were 100% scripted and I highly doubt it was playable. Doubt any of that functioned on an actual controller. Probably for another trailer or presentation before actually implementing real gameplay.

Nice job digging this up. I was pretty curious to see what Ryse looked like back when it was a 360 Kinect game.

1313 having a robot buddy makes it all the sadder that the game was canned as well; running around with something like HK-47 would have been a blast.

Lot of internal concept/FPO stuff there.

Those 1313 animations were 100% scripted and I highly doubt it was playable. Doubt any of that functioned on an actual controller. Probably for another trailer or presentation before actually implementing real gameplay.

I don't think there's any game logic there, but it looks like it'd be perfectly feasible on current gen hardware, having played a bit of UC4.

I also collected Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 prototype and alpha footage which could be edited into a good video... don't know if enough folks are interested though :)

giphy.gif

I'm sure plenty would be interested.

Some really cool stuff, thanks dude!
That Gorilla Nation project looked interesting, maybe they'll come back to it in a few years.

Maybe that's the new Ubisoft IP, some sort of re-imagining of this idea.

Arex

Mann I remember watching the 1313 team (I was on a different team) play through of a whole level lol, it's really kinda like uncharted in star wars setting. The video's probably still there somewhere in (now disney) server :x

Whompa02

I don't think there's any game logic there, but it looks like it'd be perfectly feasible on current gen hardware, having played a bit of UC4.

I agree that the segment itself can be realized in the game space, but I think those transitions and animations were wayyyyy too loose to be considered playable. That being said, I friggen wish this game was real...

1313 looks like U4 in terms of animation. Obviously a bit more slicker.
T_T What could have been... Lets hope Visceral and Amy can bring it on.

Qwark

Lol at the droid running through the wall in the 1313 video. It's a real shame that game didn't come to fruition. What's the deal with Amy Hennig's Star Wars game, is it related to 1313? Something completely different? Or we have no idea?

Jb

Lol at the droid running through the wall in the 1313 video. It's a real shame that game didn't come to fruition. What's the deal with Amy Hennig's Star Wars game, is it related to 1313? Something completely different? Or we have no idea?

According to GI
it might be a Han Solo action-adventure game.

^ and that.
No idea if it's even related to 1313, only things we know is that it's 3rd Person and possibly have RPG elements. It would awesome if they pull off a FF Versus XIII and reveal the game as 1313 only to immediately change it to a new title.

That 1313 animation video is too sick. The way he recoils when cover around him explodes, that lift with the alien, and the mantling.

Such a shame Disney killed it.

Teeth

That 1313 animation is basically 100% cutscene.

You put a player behind the controller and 80% of that smoothness is gone.

Henkka

Banned
Wasn't Ryse a Kinect game at some point? I though that was what the video looked like, but then there was a QTE.

If that is wildlands poor Bolivia, first AAA game based there and it's a combination of Mexican cartels , Colombian FARC and central American mara salvatrucha.

Top Bottom