• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam J.

Do we know who is making Star Wars Kinect, and if so, is the studio any good? Really want that game to be cool. I'm not asking for much--I'd be totally happy with a modern day version of Sega's Star Wars Trilogy Arcade.

lockload

enzo_gt said:
These rumors are out of control, there's so many I dont know what's real and what's not.

What are the "hardcore" Kinect games were supposed to be expecting? All I know of is Codename: Kingdoms so far.

Mass Effect 3
Ghost recon

The will both be hybrid which is what i want anyway

*If remake is real*

wow giving us a 10 year old game that isn't even with Bungies original vision instead of new games we haven't heard of yet.

feel

Maybe they're not joking and it's indeed super secret?? I hope so. Leave the best game ever alone, without some inferior remake tainting its legacy.

UberTag

Letters said:
Maybe they're not joking and it's indeed super secret?? I hope so. Leave the best game ever alone, without some inferior remake tainting its legacy.
At least wait for the game to be revealed before writing off the new Halo CE. If I recall there were some clear areas of that game (Flood/Library) that could stand some improvement.

Kuran

Banned
I guess Panzer Dragoon and Steel Battalion will be interesting to see, I just hope they both have optional controller support.

Hoping for a reboot not just a remake.

Halo gameplay has gotten stagnant and is not in touch with modern games.

343 can't just piggyback off bungies 10 year old gameplay , they need to go wild and modernize the gameplay.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
gibon3z said:

343 can't just piggyback off bungies 10 year old gameplay , they need to go wild and modernize the gameplay.

Reboot? Hah, just no. Not going to happen.

feel

gibon3z said:
It's gotten stagnant, sure, but I don't see how other current games in the genre have moved forward

If you say aiming down ironsights or alphanumerical pats in the back all over the screen every few seconds I will lose my shit over here!!! Ok not really :p

clav

pharmboy044 said:
So how much do we think this Diamond subscription cost? $10/month or $100/yr?
We can only guess.

Standard cable is $60/month.
Satellite TV can be $30/month, but that will depend on the contract signed.

It'll have to be priced competitively to take off, so I'll guess $20/month, but I highly doubt TV can be afforded at that price.

Looks like I'll need to buy a Kinect this year. I really hope the Halo1 remake has some new mechanics or I'll have a hard time justifying a day 1 purchase for some shiny graphics.

Halo CEmake only needs online multiplayer (both competitive and cooperative) and I'm sold.

The singleplayer needs an enhanced mode, where 343 can experiment with gameplay / level design /graphics. Halo CE as it was will be playable from disc 2, as a bonus.

Wouldn't it be awesome?

gibon3z said:

If "not in touch with modern games" means "not resembling Modern Warfare", it should stay that way. Battlefield's and Crysis' models are also years old by now.

But they are rethinking Halo, 343i's job adverts confirmed that much. The only question is whether we're going to see the fruits of their labor in the alleged remake or the next game in the series. I think the latter.

Lakitu

st5fu
gibon3z said:

Let me guess, you want iron sights, scripted 10-minute missions and no vehicles.

Fredrik

The whole FPS genre has been stagnant for years. The only Halo remake I'd buy would be a top down/third person version just like the awesomeness that is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

gibon3z said:

If rumors are to be believed, then 343 is just overseeing the remake, and they are only actively developing the next mainline Halo.

And shaking up Halo by rebooting it wouldn't make sense for a 10 year anniversary remake, that is made to celebrate what made Halo big in the first place.

If you want things shaken up and different, then look for Halo 4 or whatever 343 will call their game when they launch it.

Ramirez

gibon3z said:

Do the opposite of what this guy says.

szaromir

Banned
gibon3z said:

Halo is still the most modern FPS out there. It features by far the most advanced AI, very competetive physics engine, modern animation system etc. Call of Duties of the world are still behind.

teraMEL0S

Dreams-Visions said:
has MS ever been able to keep a secret?

Did anyone have any idea about the Japanese Kinect games announced at TGS last year? I don't remember hearing about them before the event, whatsoever.

teraMEL0S

Hahaha, just saw this on a Microsoft job listing: "Do you want to participate in an effort to create the technology that makes our customers jump with excitement and our competitors shake with fear?"

Oh, the enthusiasm.

In the job post it also says, "Work with current and next generation platforms to enable the next set of experiences."

There's other job listings for Windows Kinect, Xbox Cloud stuff, as well as IPTV. E3 will be VERY interesting.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/jo...-Xbox-Platform-(752189)-Job-WA-98052/1212119/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom