• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
jaypah said:
Halo CE HD is MS's big kinect game. That's my prediction at least. Man, how fucking crazy would that be?

I could see it having some form of optional Kinect support (like head tracking), that's it, it's too large a risk to take.

alphaNoid

Banned
Count me in for being interested in Live Diamond for IPTV alone. I'm waiting for my cable contract to expire and I was going to cancel for just Netflix and/or Hulu. But depending how Diamond works and the price, I might squee.

A matter of hours before we find out.

Lakitu said:
I could see it having some form of optional Kinect support (like head tracking), that's it, it's too large a risk to take.

Well ya, they're not dumb enough to yank all controller supporter for a 10 year anniversary remake to the original Halo. If there is any Kinect support it'll be 100% optional and only add to the experience of the SP. I'm not expecting it though, I think there is enough Kinect at the show that MS doesn't need to shoehorn it into old/existing games.

Kinect shines when its given love, not shoehorned.

Quite surprised that Codename Kingdoms is listed as a 2011 title in the retail rumours thread. If true, we'll probably see quite a bit more of it than previously expected.

InaudibleWhispa said:
Quite surprised that Codename Kingdoms is listed as a 2011 title in the retail rumours thread. If true, we'll probably see quite a bit more of it than previously expected.

MS and Crytek have always said it was a 2011 game since it was announced. So no surprise there.

Vinterbird said:
MS and Crytek have always said it was a 2011 game since it was announced. So no surprise there.
Yeah but they hadn't said anything about it since, and given that it changed developers at some point I was ready for it being delayed.

InaudibleWhispa said:

It has a 12/31/11 date, which means they think it's coming out this year, but they don't know when. It doesn't really confirm anything.

That said, I expect a stage demonstration.

eso76

Lakitu said:

being able to toss grenades (or make them roll on the ground, or simply drop them, or throw them behind you while being chased) with your hand would be nice i guess.

Also, being able to use gestures to communicate with team mates and enemies in MP could be all kinds of awesome.

The conference where they announce such feature should start with something like
"the era of teabagging is over"

"Halo CE reborn with the power of Kinect"

cuts to show colourful Spartans dancing to Village People after scoring a headshot, goatse-ing to the face of a dead enemy etc.
The trailer should end with a Red Spartan trying to snipe a Blue one and missing, to which the blue would turn towards the sniper, look into the scope and give him the finger.

Why am i not a game designer, i wonder.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
while smart money is on a halo remake, i'd like to throw out there the idea of a rallisport challenge 1+2 remake!

i can dream.

eshwaaz

The percentage of Kinect-focused content in the OP is incredibly disappointing. There is practically nothing I'm excited about.

I sold my 360 slim a while ago after it decided to start freezing and I decided (1)I was done with my personal unreliable MS hardware hell and (2)that I didn't need a PS3 and a 360. So I'm PS3 only and I watch tv on Hulu through my PS3.

I'm very interested to see what Diamond will officially entail. It might win me back over.

FrankT

Major Nelson saying on the podcast today even he has a few question marks on his E3 paperwork for the show. Will be interesting if we get any late leaks like the slim last year.

InaudibleWhispa said:

Still fairly sure that is going to be 2012, but who knows.

Mrbob

IPTV popping up again sounds interesting. I'm trying to figure out the cost structure right now. If anyone wants to get an idea of price structure for TV you can go to att.com and look at the different uverse packages. You can actually get a custom 360 from att which acts as a set top box for their IPTV service. Makes me wonder how this is going to work. I can't foresee any networks allowing MS to undercut other tv providers in terms of fees or let MS use IPTV as a loss leader. Xbox Live Diamond is going to be fairly expensive if it has full TV offering. At least 20 to 30 dollars a month for the basic tv offerings and going up from there depending on the number of channels you get.

derFeef

This TV services and whatnot are cool and all, but they never come to Europe (beides the UK). Rather unexciting news if such things come up sadly.

derFeef said:
This TV services and whatnot are cool and all, but they never come to Europe (beides the UK). Rather unexciting news if such things come up sadly.

Exactly. It would be great if Microsoft would make sure all of their customers - especially those who are paying more due to ridiculous $=€ exchange rates - are able to take advantage of everything they currently have to offer before introducing new features. Alas, that's not how those things usually go.

(Mind you, the same is true for others, although to a somewhat lesser extent since they've been present in this market for quite a bit longer. But that's not an excuse for Microsoft not to show leadership in that segment.)

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Exactly. It would be great if Microsoft would make sure all of their customers - especially those who are paying more due to ridiculous $=€ exchange rates - are able to take advantage of everything they currently have to offer before introducing new features. Alas, that's not how those things usually go.

(Mind you, the same is true for others, although to a somewhat lesser extent since they've been present in this market for quite a bit longer. But that's not an excuse for Microsoft not to show leadership in that segment.)

If i remember correctly MS formed a european studio exactly to deliver services/apps for us euros at the time NXE was released. But their output till today proves how much MS values Europe minus UK.

Benjamin1981 said:
If i remember correctly MS formed a european studio exactly to deliver services/apps for us euros at the time NXE was released. But their output till today proves how much MS values Europe minus UK.

I don't know, I think that was mostly formed to make communication with European development partners easier.

Kafel

Banned
2iiyhf.jpg

Kibbles

Wasn't U-Verse supposed to come to Xbox 360? When the hell are we getting that. Although, I'm only interested if we don't have to pay for the bandwidth and that it's just like a set-top box, now that we have bandwidth caps. Otherwise it's pointless.

Heysoos

Jtyettis said:
Major Nelson saying on the podcast today even he has a few question marks on his E3 paperwork for the show. Will be interesting if we get any late leaks like the slim last year.

Still fairly sure that is going to be 2012, but who knows.

Sort of OT but, went to check out his podcast in his blog, and I just noticed something...
R2PtL.png

Kibbles said:
Wasn't U-Verse supposed to come to Xbox 360? When the hell are we getting that. Although, I'm only interested if we don't have to pay for the bandwidth and that it's just like a set-top box, now that we have bandwidth caps. Otherwise it's pointless.

I believe you can already use your 360 as a box for U-Verse already.

Shurs

I'm really hoping the ipTV thing has a free trial.

My 360s streams video (ESPN, Netflix, Hulu Plus) pretty shoddily over wi-fi (which is my only choice) compared to my PS3.

Hey You

Heysoos said:
Sort of OT but, went to check out his podcast in his blog, and I just noticed something...
R2PtL.png

I believe you can already use your 360 as a box for U-Verse already.
Haha Yeah, I saw that right after he re-designed his blog.

TheOddOne

[Nintex] said:
After MS kicked another guy out the back door, they're looking for a new team lead at Rare.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Midlands-Region-Executive-Producer-Job/1299473/

Also Kinect Sports Season 2 is apparently a thing.
Seems somebody they wanted for both locations :p

Also, I'm zieOdd :)

Deadly Joker said:
When did Remember Citadel get banned? This is the worst time to be banned, LOL.
He made a post about a pissing contest about sales. It was not needed.

They really should stage demo Codename Kingdoms if possible - I'm betting it will look pretty amazing. Crytek are the masters of cutting edge tech.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like TV, so Diamond doesn't matter to me, but I'm still curious to see how MS will handle it. Every single person I know who has a home gaming console uses it as their main way of watching Netflix, so a service like this could be huge. It feels kind of weird for something like this to be unveiled at E3, though. I want to hear about games. :-/

wwm0nkey said:
I honestly dont know what to think of the Halo CE remake stuff anymore, I honestly dont :/

If they mess up any part to it at all, I will personally make sure heads will roll.

Opus Angelorum said:
I think Halo HD has been spoken about too much to be deemed super secret.

I'm expecting something else.

Crimson Skies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Appollowexx said:
They really should stage demo Codename Kingdoms if possible - I'm betting it will look pretty amazing. Crytek are the masters of cutting edge tech.

There are rumors that it's a Kinect game, so I could definitely see a stage demo.

Deadly Joker said:
There are rumors that it's a Kinect game, so I could definitely see a stage demo.
I'd be dissapointed if it was a Kinect only game, as that sounds restrictive. Certain games such as Child of Eden and Rise of Nightmares really work well for Kinect because they are on the rails type experiences, where you simply interact with your surroundings. I'm hoping CK is more of a God of War type action game.

What ever happened to the Xbox and BT link for IPTV in the UK? Heard lots o noise about a few years ago and i cant recall it ever surfacing, unless MS jumped to Sky instead?

TheOddOne said:
This is what strikes me odd:

Maby there is hope that its not a full Kinect game, but a "better with Kinect" type of deal.
It was debuted that way but I'm pretty sure it's going to be released as a "better with Kinect" title.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Posted? Kinect Fable game possibly Fable: The Journey.

As highlighted by Superannuation, the following Microsoft titles have been linked to internet domain registrars: Fable The Journey, which may be a new jaunt across the land of Albion, Kinect Fun Labs (first mentioned amongst other leaked Microsoft titles), and a pair of body-driven sequels, Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports Season 2.

Just names for domains, that's all.

les papillons sexuels said:
Didn't see it on the list but certain affinity has a new XBLA exclusive game they announced at RTX, so I'm expecting it to be on the microsft show room in some form. (crimson alliance IIRC)

http://www.crimsonalliance.com/
It's at the very top of the OP, dude. Site is new though.

TheOddOne

Linkified said:
So is the same job that the Racing game veteran got and has been shown the door or is for another team within Rare?
Craig Duncan is still there. This might sound weird, but actually Rare has been staffing up considerably. Their new studio was tought to be a Kinect testing ground, but I think there is something brewing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom