• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT| - Ya down with OTG? Yeah, you know me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Nemesis556 said:
Mind blown

Who do you guys reckon will be the other alternative costumes? In my boredom I decided to do some for the Capcom characters that I think will be perfect.

Wesker - S.T.A.R.S. Outfit (or Ouroboros Mutation?)
Amaterasu - Chibiterasu
Arthur - Red Arremar?
Chun-Li - SF Alpha Chun-Li
C. Viper - ??? (Maybe one of her SF4 alts?)
Mike Haggar - Zangief
Nathan Spencer - RAD Retro Outfit (with moustache!)
Trish - Gloria (Please god make this a reality)

Just some ideas.

No way. Shiranui.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Considering picking this game up today, but I'm curious: Is the online as bad as it sounds?

Matchmaking sounds pretty terrible right now, and from what I've heard from a few people the community isn't all that great either (spammers/keep away).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Tomat said:
Considering picking this game up today, but I'm curious: Is the online as bad as it sounds?

Matchmaking sounds pretty terrible right now, and from what I've heard from a few people the community isn't all that great either (spammers/keep away).

For me the online play itself has been perfectly fine. It's the lobbies that suck (no spectating) and matchmaking is kinda borked...it keeps failing to connect to other players, and this happens on both the 360 and PS3 versions. It's weird; I got the PS3 version early, and had no problem with searching for ranked/player matches before the official release date. But there is a workaround for this anyway: Just play arcade mode and turn fight request on. You'll be matched up with another player pretty quickly.

As for spammers and keep away...it's Marvel dude. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Glix

Ugh. Was having trouble in the lab. Realized my XBOX wasn't in one of my "game port" TV inputs (you can't turn it on and off, its built into certain ports) Had the xbox on component, changed over to HDMI and then hooked it up.

Really made a big difference... for a minute. Then I realized that I did it all while the game was still going, and the xbox scratched the fuck out of my disk.

Took it to Gamestop, got 40 for it, and bought a new one. That was lucky, I thought I was out 60 bucks.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lyte Edge said:
For me the online play itself has been perfectly fine. It's the lobbies that suck (no spectating) and matchmaking is kinda borked...it keeps failing to connect to other players, and this happens on both the 360 and PS3 versions. It's weird; I got the PS3 version early, and had no problem with searching for ranked/player matches before the official release date. But there is a workaround for this anyway: Just play arcade mode and turn fight request on. You'll be matched up with another player pretty quickly.

As for spammers and keep away...it's Marvel dude. :)

Im assuming spam and keep away is normal for marvel then :p

Not a big fighting game enthusiast (IE: Pretty much terrible at them all), but this game looks fun. Winter Brawl kind of sold me on it.

Spruchy

Tomat said:

Online is perfect, only takes about 5-10 mins to get into a match where you'll most likely be facing the same guy for the third time who plays like his life is on the line and plays keep away until he can get 5 meters for his phoenix. That is, if you can actually get a match as the online is too good sometimes and fails to match you up with anyone. One of my favorite features is how they show your win losses before a match but the online in this game is so good that instead of your actual records they show completely random numbers! So good!

I'm not even going to go into how good having to watch cards clang against each other instead of the match is, fucking revolutionary right there. Sometimes I don't know how Capcom comes up with this stuff.

knee

35ja5ts.jpg

Not sure if it's old, but I can't stop laughing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow @ shadow mode. The 15 star ranked guy just got perfected by me doing nothing but Arthur's homing arrows + hidden missiles. Amazing!

DR2K

Banned
MMaRsu said:
How do you do the punch when your enemy is on the ground? If I knew how to do that, I could really destroy some fools.

qcf p when your character lands right next to a fallen enemy. It's called an OTG(of the ground). Easiest one to apply in the game.

ShockingAlberto said:
That's a pretty terrible excuse. I think most likely they just needed to get this pack out to make money while they can.

The shitty thing is that further costumes will have this same problem for uniformity's sake.
But aren't these the only alt costumes on the disc? I assume that means they're the only ones that were actually finished. I can't imagine they'd repeat this mistake...but hey it's Capcom who the hell knows.

It's truly unbelievable that there are no alt colors. I thought a light purple Dante alt was a given. He'd be so much cooler if he looked more like Prince. :( I also thought maybe they'd atone for their sins and restore PINK THOR. I bet some partypooper at Marvel is keeping that dream from becoming a reality.

Maybe they're going to sell the alt colors separately, like Arcsys did with BlazBlue. Ugh.

TheSeks said:
Cry more. I expected Spectator and Replays coming from SSF4. Capcom has had ten years in the waiting to release a new Marvel (just a matter of getting the license back) and they've fucked it up ten ways to Sunday with their weird design decisions.

But, do enjoy the new character costumes that mostly look like shit outside of Chris' and a "play the developers mode" no one really gives a shit about! That'll show Capcom they should release a better product!
Boy, I included that little "not defending Capcom" disclaimer in hopes of avoiding a reply like this...and hey, here it is anyway.

Capcom deserves to be flamed. I've said that quite a few times. I wasn't defending them. I was flaming you and your crazy OCD.

Would you even regularly use spectator mode or replays if they didn't have achievements tied to them? Because it seems when you're not playing backseat developer you're raging about achievements. It sure doesn't seem like you play (or discuss) games because you actually enjoy them.

Also these aren't all weird design decisions so much as 'oh shit our release date just got pushed up 3 months hurry hurry' decisions. I don't think the current state of the game is due to developer laziness or incompetence and I think pissing all over the dev team is kinda crappy when it looks like most of the fault lies with the corporate side. Shit, I'm honestly surprised this game isn't an even bigger trainwreck. I remember Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, man. That game didn't even fucking work.

Spectator mode needs to be added (along with a dozen other things) but I'm guessing it'll never be patched in. I'd love to be proven wrong! But personally I can live without it cuz holy shit I hate waiting my turn. It should be there though.

Spruchy said:
Online is perfect, only takes about 5-10 mins to get into a match where you'll most likely be facing the same guy for the third time who plays like his life is on the line and plays keep away until he can get 5 meters for his phoenix. That is, if you can actually get a match as the online is too good sometimes and fails to match you up with anyone. One of my favorite features is how they show your win losses before a match but the online in this game is so good that instead of your actual records they show completely random numbers! So good!

I'm not even going to go into how good having to watch cards clang against each other instead of the match is, fucking revolutionary right there. Sometimes I don't know how Capcom comes up with this stuff.
Fight request. Player match. You will have none of these issues. Well OK sometimes you run into the play2win bores but there's not much you can do about that.

Papercuts said:
Wow @ shadow mode. The 15 star ranked guy just got perfected by me doing nothing but Arthur's homing arrows + hidden missiles. Amazing!
The first two stood there waiting for me to punch them. It seemed even worse than normal arcade. I perfected both of them. The third threw out some psychic hypers and one thirty hit Chun-Li combo but still went down astonishingly easy. I'm sure had I used a ranged character she never would have touched me. It looks like they just pull a quote and a character list and maybe a personal combo or two? But you'll probably never see any of that cuz the computer is so damn bad.

Papercuts

Rummy Bunnz said:
The first two stood there waiting for me to punch them. It seemed even worse than normal arcade. I perfected both of them. The third threw out some psychic hypers and one thirty hit Chun-Li combo but still went down astonishingly easy. I'm sure had I used a ranged character she never would have touched me. It looks like they just pull a quote and a character list and maybe a personal combo or two? But you'll probably never see any of that cuz the computer is so damn bad.

Yeah, the first two did even worse than easy CPU it seemed. The third was able to complete a normal series into a hyper with hsien-ko when I played normal, but it was really funny seeing them just stand there blocking getting chipped out by arthur. Oh, and using chun li legs assist from full screen!

It seems like it's just a way to get all the titles they have, the AI definitely isn't selling anything on this end.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
shaowebb said:
Thanks for this one. I'm gonna troll the shit outta my friends tomorrow with it. You gonna use that on your team?
It's not really feasible to do manually. Check the description.

El Sloth said:
This is pretty awesome although, like you mention in the video description, probably not very practical. Still, this means that her items aren't completely random then? I think that could end up being pretty important to her game later on.
I could see it being used to increase the chances of getting a dizzy item to *start* a combo, maybe. Someone on another forum said he was giving it a shot and had a roughly 33% success rate of getting a star if he timed the move when her head reaches the 11 o'clock position in her idle stance, lol.

Oh yeah, ultimate proof that this release was extremely rushed: there's no Marketplace link in-game. Also I don't think there's any notification that new DLC is available. WHOOPS.

Papercuts

Rummy Bunnz said:
Oh yeah, ultimate proof that this release was extremely rushed: there's no Marketplace link in-game. Also I don't think there's any notification that new DLC is available. WHOOPS.

Hah, I was going to mention this too. It also isn't on the marketplace...or atleast, it isn't listed at all from what I could see from new releases on additional content.

I was wondering why the game didn't update when I launched it today, but then I realized shadow mode was DLC and not an update. The only way I found it was going on xbox.com and downloading it, pretty crazy.

Well there was an update for Shadow Mode but it came last week. I think it may have mentioned upcoming DLC but...it was a few days ago, I don't remember. Very confusing.

Shadow Mode wasn't immediately accessible from the Add-On page in the Marketplace either. It gave me the DLC costumes when I clicked on MvC3. I had to then go "View Full Game" or whatever in order to find Shadow Mode. If I didn't already know it existed I never woulda found it, but that seems to be more of a Microsoft problem than Capcom.

It's worth playing just to get that "I Need a Hug" title.

Darkman M

MMaRsu said:
Well by just beating a dude who was 2nd lord and had over 600 wins and less then 120 losses I guess I didn't need it :p.

That's why i posted it, you are beating people without his dirtiest move.

I want to face buktooth shadow mode.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Rummy Bunnz said:
But aren't these the only alt costumes on the disc? I assume that means they're the only ones that were actually finished. I can't imagine they'd repeat this mistake...but hey it's Capcom who the hell knows.

It's truly unbelievable that there are no alt colors. I thought a light purple Dante alt was a given. He'd be so much cooler if he looked more like Prince. :( I also thought maybe they'd atone for their sins and restore PINK THOR. I bet some partypooper at Marvel is keeping that dream from becoming a reality.

Heh, you know, come to think of it Marvel has reportedly been pretty anal about character representation in MvC3.

... I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't want costumes that had specific color schemes altered, like classic Thor. Naturally, to keep things balanced, Capcom would restrict their own costumes to 1 scheme.

Azure J

Wesker still has loads of untapped potential though. The SRK wiki on his moves prooved that much to me. Why no one opts to use his godly "Shadow Dash"-like attack to screw over zoners is beyond me. attack

Kaijima said:
Heh, you know, come to think of it Marvel has reportedly been pretty anal about character representation in MvC3.

... I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't want costumes that had specific color schemes altered, like classic Thor. Naturally, to keep things balanced, Capcom would restrict their own costumes to 1 scheme.
I swear one of the early Thor videos showed him with a pink alt, all T.HAWK style. It got me so pumped...and now I am so disappointed. :(

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Darkman M said:
Chun is broken. Oo

Yeah was practicing her yesterday, but not sure anymore... that air dash into wesker assist unblockable is just so cheap. Really don't respect that so I probably wont main her.

So wesker is in, akuma is in... still looking for a point man!

It's SO close it's heartbreaking. That costume would look great in all sorts of garish colors. Imagine it in gold lamé. It would be fantastic.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DarkoMaledictus said:
Yeah was practicing her yesterday, but not sure anymore... that air dash into wesker assist unblockable is just so cheap. Really don't respect that so I probably wont main her.
You're doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom