• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Siege 3 gameplay footage

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
coop decision making that doesn't suck in Army of Two II way? well, that's interesting.

Also the game looks like DA2 should have looked.

Looking pretty nice. I liked the first one but never got around to playing the sequel. I don't know if I should pick that up or go straight to this.

Fjordson

fizzelopeguss said:
Lord gunderic, heart of nagog....chick with bare midriff and tits hanging out. God i fucking love fantasy.
Lmao. Almost spit coffee all over my monitor reading this.

I think it looks pretty cool! Some nice looking co-op potential.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My colleague loved the time he spent with the demo he played, and said he's not normally a fan of these sorts of games. The demo he played was mid-late last year, and he said even then the demo felt like it could have been shipped as a finished game, so that's saying something.

I think this should be a good one.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Damn, I wish that chick had "entertained" her "properly". Looks sweet and generic! Love it.

Looks pretty awful. Why is everything so glowy? it's hard to see. Skills are underwhelming and the fact that this has 2 characters for the entire game is pretty laughable. Kind of harsh but meh. Would have loved a proper DS3.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Really struggling to be interested in DS3 at this point, and considering I'm a huge Obsidian fan that may not bode well.

The only thing keeping DS3 on my radar is that George Ziets is at the helm. He was behind Mask of the Betrayer, so that's very relevant to my interests. Unfortunately DS3 is going for a more straightforward, streamlined sort of Obsidian experience since it's a hack and slash co-op friendly multiplatform game, and that's a direction I generally dread seeing.

Rad-

Obsidian game that is looking quite polished out of the gate? Definitely getting this, too few 4 player co-op loot games this gen.

DaBuddaDa

I feel like this is going to be one of the sleeper hits (critically, at least) of 2011. Lost among the glut of AAA games but a fantastic and surprising experience.

FoxSpirit

fizzelopeguss said:
Lord gunderic, heart of nagog....chick with bare midriff and tits hanging out. God i fucking love fantasy.

All of this while only her lips move properly while the body is locked in an unnatural, hurtful-looking sway :p

The only thing that bothers me are a few graphical and camera choices. Such an obsession with blooming, and it looks pretty bad. If I was in that Lord Gunderic battle, even with those markers I'd have no idea where I was.

And the camera is pretty bad.

I love the look of everything else, other than the controls looking a little too loose.

Top Bottom