• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Daily Player Steam Average is still 650K

StereoVsn

This is just a completely insane statistic. Baldur’s Gate 3 which released months ago still has 650K unique players on Steam only (not counting PS5 and Xbox). This isn’t concurrent player number (about 100K), but daily unique average.

It’s mainly an SP game with Co-OP possibilities. What a game! Larian also just released a major Patch 6 and Hot Fix 19.

Meanwhile at Bethesda HQ, Starfield release in roughly same time period…

StereoVsn

I'm not surprised at all.

It's easily the game of the generation (so far) and one of the greatest video games of all time.
It is an amazing game, but it’s just crazy to think that turned based mainly SP D&D game is doing 650K daily/100k concurrent players months after release.

What a time to be alive!

60uPDPa.gif

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m currently playing it from scratch as a Barb as someone who gave up on it at launch after act 1 on a wizard.

Enjoying the game far more immensely as orc Barb. Firing on all cylinders.

Baldur's Gate 3 has great replayability and official mod support is coming too. It's gonna have a long tail just like Skyrim.

Last edited:

kikkis

I would like to play the story, but i am not sure if i can stomach the turn based gameplay. I wish you could skip that

StereoVsn

I would like to play the story, but i am not sure if i can stomach the turn based gameplay. I wish you could skip that
A lot of people got surprised how smooth the gameplay turns out respite being TB. The flow is quite good and the options you have as a player are insane.

Edit: you can always set it to Story mode and that makes the game a breeze. You do miss a lot of fun combat.

Last edited:

Jesb

I’m interested in hearing how many people tried the game and than never played it again. It comes off as a game that could be overwhelming and or not as accessible/easy to get into as other games.

It will keep spiking for years too every time there's a sale.

Evergreen like all PC greats such as, Minecraft, Skyrim and Call of Duty 🌿

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I’m interested in hearing how many people tried the game and than never played it again. It comes off as a game that could be overwhelming and or not as accessible/easy to get into as other games.
You just have to take it a bit at a time. Watch some YouTube videos for easier start, pick a melee character, select normal or even easy and give it a shot.

65 characters starts later you will be a pro! 😉

Top Bottom