• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS North American Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascully

TehOh said:
I haven't had any problems with the 3D like headaches or anything, but there has been one weird side-effect.

After playing the 3DS for a while, text on computer monitors appears to be in 3D on and off for about half an hour. Like... the text is popping out on a plane in front of the rest of the webpage.

Weird. Maybe the 3DS is turning us into multi-dimensional-seeing mutants. :D

That has been happening to me on and off for the last few days, even watching TV I see a similar depth effect as in Pilot wings. I guess Nintendo altered our eyes to permanent Glasses free 3D as an added value.

why the fuck would anyone even turn the streetpass on? you goggle-eyed moonbats. jesus.

HYUCK HYUCK IT DETECTS NERDS WHO CARRY THEIR HANDHELD EVERYWHERE! hey guess what so does YOUR NOSE and YOUR BRAIN and they tell you to AVOID THESE PEOPLE

also if you are still amused by miis and/or avatars you are the very operational definition of an iq-deficient cretinling, just sayin'.

Dave Long said:
What more did you expect for $40? People often say, "I expected more." when talking about Pilotwings. Explain it.

personally, i would like to be able to beat whores and the elderly with the butt of my gat

BY2K

Membero Americo
Drinky Crow said:
why the fuck would anyone even turn the streetpass on? you goggle-eyed moonbats. jesus.

HYUCK HYUCK IT DETECTS NERDS WHO CARRY THEIR HANDHELD EVERYWHERE! hey guess what so does YOUR NOSE and YOUR BRAIN and they tell you to AVOID THESE PEOPLE

also if you are still amused by miis and/or avatars you are the operation definition of an iq-deficient cretinling, just sayin'.

Drinky Crow
Banned
(Today, 06:36 PM)

Well, that's that.

(???)

Majine

Banned
I'm stuck on Face Raiders, lol. The boss on Level 4. I don't get what determines what direction the laser beams will go. Halp.

Onagi

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

also if you are still amused by miis and/or avatars you are the very operational definition of an iq-deficient cretinling, just sayin'.

hahaha

I carry it everywhere, but haven't gotten any hits. Not enough stinky nerds in my area I suppose.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yeah, I don't get it either. (I though he got banned - maybe not for that post - but then I saw him post 2 minutes later so... yeah, I don't know.)

oh, you can. i have seen many a ban slapped across my supple glutes. i exist at the good graces of the administrative staff, just like any of you.

PKrockin

Drinky Crow said:

You make me cry with your harsh words :'(

Qatar

AceBandage said:
It's made to accept DLC.
It's suppose to get new maps and maybe even online Coop.

I hope they release online coop asap, because I feel that it'll get boring pretty fast when you're playing alone

Think of drinky as the town drunk.
His antics screw up everything, but he's so darn cute.

Zee-Row said:
Are any new AR cards in the works for the future? How about 3rd party games that use AR cards?

Both, likely.
I'm sure Nintendo will release a whole line of AR cards.
And I'm sure third parties will make AR games, if not for retail then for download.

BY2K said:
Yeah, I don't get it either. (I though he got banned - maybe not for that post - but then I saw him post 2 minutes later so... yeah, I don't know.)

you didn't need to share this to convince me you were a little slow. the gawping over the 3ds gimmickry sold me on your childlike mind many posts ago, my limp-jawed internet friend

Drinky Crow said:

make the bad man go away

BY2K

Membero Americo
Drinky Crow said:
you didn't need to share this to convince me you were a little slow. the gawping over the 3ds gimmickry sold me on your childlike mind many posts ago, my limp-jawed internet friend

Hey, a funny one.

Glix

AceBandage said:
Think of drinky as the town drunk.
His antics screw up everything, but he's so darn cute.

Both, likely.
I'm sure Nintendo will release a whole line of AR cards.
And I'm sure third parties will make AR games, if not for retail then for download.

I don't really think they need new cards, just additional software, that can use the old cards...

Amir0x

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

It's only being used to supplement painfully shallow gaming experiences as well. It's not like enhancing some super epic RPG or whatever; it's enhancing gameplay that I wouldn't want to play if it was pay or free.

It someone charged for the terrible StreetPass RPG, I'd punch them in the face. But since it's free I guess that makes it OK? I really wish someone could explain the appeal to me. There's no strategy to be had, just lame awards that aren't even really available to you outside the games themselves. If the game was reviewed it'd receive a 1.0 for gameplay.

I mean I'm not against the idea outright, it's pretty harmless... I'm just against the implementation. There's nothing I'd want to StreetPass anybody for at the moment.

I do like the Coins with the walking thing but they put a 10 coin a day limit on it soooo... it's pretty worthless as a motivator. Still, it's neat since you can unlock things in actual quality games that way.

Izayoi said:
Saints Row for the 3DS is coming out soon.

Bad news that was canceled.

PKrockin

Drinky Crow said:

Ok, that one was hilarious.

Qatar

Izayoi said:
Drinky, good news! Saints Row for the 3DS is coming out soon.

any news on a release date? I couldn't find a game for me to buy within the next two months

EDIT: the game got canceled? isn't it supposed to come out for XBLA too?

Fernando Rocker said:
Do you guys think that Nintendo will allow voice chat with the upcoming May update for co-op games like Resident Evil: The Mercenaries?

That's more up to Capcom than Nintendo, I'd think.

Amir0x

Banned
i was just joking about it being canceled so I wouldn't have to tell Drinky the real truth that it is a low risk XBLA port that THQ explicitly stated is a half measure to test the market. you all know what that means.

it being canceled was the gentler thing to say, but you guys had to be all jumpy about it

Amir0x said:
i was just joking about it being canceled so I wouldn't have to tell Drinky the real truth that it is a low risk XBLA port that THQ explicitly stated is a half measure to test the market. you all know what that means.

it being canceled was the gentler thing to say, but you guys had to be all jumpy about it

Hey, it could be... something something...

Glix

Fernando Rocker said:
Do you guys think that Nintendo will allow voice chat with the upcoming May update for co-op games like Resident Evil: The Mercenaries?

What?? There is voice chat in DS games, man (Planet Puzzle League, Pokemon B/W)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Zerokku said:
You must be new here.

In all fairness, Drinky hasn't had much of a NeoGAF presence over the past year or two. I remember him being all over the place, but the 3DS threads are the first time I've seen him post in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom