• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Fault Line Series (Campaign Trailer) [Up 4: More Pre-Order Goodies]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
More PR speak but I like it:

Patrick Bach said:
“Most games are actually still based on the same core idea that the consoles are your focus, the superior platform or something,” he said. “I don’t know why. That was the truth five years ago, but the world has moved on. PCs are way more powerful than the consoles today and there are actually almost zero games out there that actually use the benefits of this.

“So for our target of what we want to hit, we are now using the more powerful platform to try and prove what we see gaming being in the future rather than using the lowest common denominator, instead of developing it for the consoles and then just adding higher resolution textures and anti-aliasing for the PC version. We’re doing it the other way around, we start with the highest-end technology that we can come up with and then scale it back to the consoles.”

http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articles/battlefield3-interview

Kevin

subversus said:

Nice to see a company focus on the PC for once. Isn't many games out there that really utilize PC tech anymore. This game and The Witcher 2 have me excited and I'm hoping Crytek delivers a worthwhile DX11 patch soon.

If Microsoft and Sony keeps with their 10-year console plan then PC gaming may continue to be held back by the consoles and that's just really disappointing.

Majanew

Banned
The 12 min vid (PC gameplay) is up on Xbox Live Marketplace in 720p with lovely compression.

lol, they're going to get some Xbox fan's hopes up thinking it's going to look like that on 360.

Polo67

I love the video.. but I'm not wow'd buy the GFX.. in some parts it looks 360/PS3 quality.. and in others slightly better texture wise.. So my guess is Wii 2 will be able to run this on par with the video?

Rubixcuba

Banned
Found something that might interest y'all. The new destruction engine looks fantastic :D
4build.jpg

fanboi said:
1) no

2) if you like to have it that way, please turn in your PC card

Look, BC2 isn't completely ideal but it's still the best thing going for FPS right now. (anyone who disagrees with this is a communist and probably born of infidelity)

fanboi said:
1) no

2) if you like to have it that way, please turn in your PC card

Hehe, pc privilege revoked eh?:p

LaserBuddha said:
Look, BC2 isn't completely ideal but it's still the best thing going for FPS right now. (anyone who disagrees with this is a communist and probably born of infidelity)
Then I guess my mother is a whore, comrade.

Btw I still believe that the guy who thought it was a good idea to show the roof sniper bit should be fired, out of a cannon, into the sun.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From The Dust said:
fucking hell, they still havent gotten their? I can't wait till they spin it as "1million views to get the online gameplay trailer"
Diablo 3's 1 million like Facebook campaign is at about 4-6 months now, so it could be worse.

That said, online gameplay should be at E3, so thankfully they can't gate that one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I just looked again at the gifs on the frontpage. I can't believe this. It looks so out of this world.

Don't think this is new thread worthy, but first preorder bonus announced:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164930

BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION: PHYSICAL WARFARE PACK AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FOR PRE-ORDER AT GAME AND GAMESTATION UK

Claim battlefield superiority this Autumn! The Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack is now available for pre-order exclusively at GAME and gamestation in the UK. Players can storm the battlefield armed with powerful weapons and items only available in the Physical Warfare Pack including the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for superior firepower and total zone control, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers, and the lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun that is sure to tear through anything in its path. Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself.

In addition to the launch day exclusive weapons, the Physical Warfare Pack also includes the Battlefield 3™ Back to Karkand digital expansion pack. Players can wage all-out war on four of the most celebrated maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and the Sharqi Peninsula, all stunningly re-created using the power of Frostbite™ 2. DICE’s state of the art game engine serves as the power center for Battlefield 3 to deliver superior performance in character animation, visual rendering, audio and physical destruction unlike anything ever seen before.

All of this amazing content is available at no extra charge to gamers who pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack exclusively at www.game.co.uk and www.gamestation.co.uk.

Battlefield 3 will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC. For more information on Battlefield 3, please visit www.battlefield.com, and for the latest news on Battlefield please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/battlefield.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So its like BFBC2 Limited Edition == NEAT-O!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't wait for the actual MP reveal. All of these little tidbits from the Back to Karkand interviews and now the preorder/LE bonuses makes me really curious about how things are going to work. I really want to know how the attachments and ammo types are going to work.

Hellcrow

wwm0nkey said:
early unlocks, nothing more. Can probably unlock them with in an hour too.

The DAO seems like an early unlock. The others is exclusive, so I guess only for pre-order.

Is this multiplayer? Because I will fucking rage if some idiot has a gun that is better than mine because he pre-ordered from a store that doesn't fucking exist in my country.

xclaw

Do I actually have to pre-order from somewhere to get all this or is it like BC2 "VIP" and I can just buy it day one from any random big box store?

GJS

wwm0nkey said:
early unlocks, nothing more. Can probably unlock them with in an hour too.
Pretty sure the DAO-12 is the only one which is an early unlock, it's the only one that says "Day 1 Access".

We are also supposed to be getting BF2 weapons with the Back to Karkand pack so I'm not really surprised that they are offering more.

JoeBoy101

Funny thing is that, in real life, the military has done a lot of research with flechettes. They found that though they have great armor penetration, their stopping power sucks because they don't open up on impact like bullets do. So they hit, and leave a small trail through a body and go through the body.

What I saw was with assault rifle flechette ammo used as opposed to shotgun... though not sure if shotgun would really work that well.

On Topic: Seems a bit 'meh' to me. I like my pre-order bonuses to be the non-digital kind, but with now MP-heavy this is, I guess it is to be expected.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Going to suck if these are exclusive and better than what other people can get, and knowing how bad DICE are with balancing I'd expect it to be the case.

Top Bottom