• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 gameplay preview (leaked)

[Nintex]

Metalmurphy said:
You can patent stuff like that? oO
Nintendo has patents on a bunch of things including sanity effects and I believe Namco Bandai has a patent for minigames during loading screens.

G Rom

Metalmurphy said:
Oh, so the actual position of the line would change. That's cool I guess... although, doesn't that make it even worst for you to learn how to drive?

If it just keeps correcting you you'll never know what the proper racing line is.

Well, I guess it can't be worse than it is already... :-/
Seriously, in the very few times I played online in Forza 3, I hated people driving with racing line. They brake in corner where you don't have to, brake too early, etc...

Turn 10 is closing the applications for an invite to the Forza E3 event later today. Did any gaffers apply? If you get in, be sure to tease/mock/belittle inform those of us left out in the cold about the shit that goes down.

I don't care if LA is around a 7 hour drive from where I live; if gas prices weren't over $4/gal, I'd consider going down there for the good times.

saladine1

A limited quantity of Forza Motorsport 4 games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of Forza Motorsport 4 game discs, will include:

Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965
Koenigsegg Agera 2011
Lexus SC300 1997
RUF RGT-8 2011
Tesla Roadster Sport 2011

Turn 10 Studios has also revealed that the cover car for the standard edition of Forza Motorsport 4 is the Ferrari 458 Italia.

foO48.jpg

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbxo360-news/8183-forza-motorsport-4-confirmed-for-autumn-launch-limited-collectors-edition-revealed

Edit:
The Turn 10 team has worked closely with Ferrari to include every intricate detail of the Ferrari 458 Italia in the game, from its sleek aerodynamic design to its exquisitely modelled 4499 cc V8 engine, offering players the most realistic driving experience off the track.

Um.....premium cars confirmed?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Omg.

OMG.

Awesome... but that FUCKING KINECT SHIT god damn it! (at least it's not as bad as the GR one)

Besides that I don't know what to think about the cover.

forza3-cover.jpg

Is the better cover aesthetically speaking imo.

I'm sure it will grown on me though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
saladine1 said:
http://i.imgur.com/foO48.jpg[IMG]
[URL="http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbxo360-news/8183-forza-motorsport-4-confirmed-for-autumn-launch-limited-collectors-edition-revealed"]http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbxo360-news/8183-forza-motorsport-4-confirmed-for-autumn-launch-limited-collectors-edition-revealed[/URL][/QUOTE]

That cant be real doesnt the Better with kinect DVD case have purple on the top ribbons.
Also, isnt that the Forza Motorsport 3 logo with a bad 4 added?

G Rom

Huh, RUF ?!
I hope it means we get both Porsche and RUF...
Seriously, I don't want to loose the Carrera GT, 550 Spyder, etc or any chances of having old Porsche from Le Mans... :-/

I like this boxart.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Slayer-33 said:
Awesome... but that FUCKING KINECT SHIT god damn it!
I thought it was going to be used for headtracking (with conventional controls) as well as the "walking around the car to look at it"?

G Rom said:
Huh, RUF ?!
I hope it means we get both Porsche and RUF...
Seriously, I don't want to loose the Carrera GT, 550 Spyder, etc or any chances of having old Porsche from Le Mans... :-/

I like this boxart.

Thinking the same thing. It's looking more and more likely that there no longer will be Porsches.

EA saying they're exclusive to NFS
No Porsche logo
And this.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MrTroubleMaker said:
I thought it was going to be used for headtracking (with conventional controls) as well as the "walking around the car to look at it"?

and casual racing modes.

cover looks awesome. i'll take an over powered ferrari then an audi any day :p

also, premium cars confirmed... how?

No Porsches, huh...? Well at least there's Tesla this time. Right? :p

Just out of curiosity, aren't the daylights in the 458 the other lights? The little vertical LEDS?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
MrTroubleMaker said:

Oh nah man I meant that shit on the box art, the damn purple stripe that games will apparently come with.

G Rom

MrTroubleMaker said:

I think he was talking about the ugly purple stripe which ruins any boxart...

Black_Stride said:
That cant be real doesnt the Better with kinect DVD case have purple on the top ribbons.
Also, isnt that the Forza Motorsport 3 logo with a bad 4 added?

Filler boxart released by Microsoft when they announced the game :
forza-motorsport-4-profile.jpg

The logo pretty much has the same arrangement.

Metalmurphy said:
Thinking the same thing. It's looking more and more likely that there no longer will be Porsches.

EA saying they're exclusive to NFS
No Porsche logo
And this.

I would be very very disappointed to loose that manufacturer. I guess the only upside is that it would free up some places for new cars as Porsche was one of the biggest manufacturer in Forza 3.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Look at dat metal.

DAT METAL.

The reflections off some of the side windows looks a bit off, could be a reflection issue or poor window textures. Also the floor needs better textures (or higher AF filtering setting), otherwise looks superb, look at that photo realistic background.

Shinnn where the Christ did you get this from?

G Rom

Those are official screenshots.

Gear up for the highly anticipated launch of “Forza Motorsport 4”

This Autumn, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation returns with “Forza Motorsport 4”, the biggest racing game of the year exclusively on Xbox 360.

Be one of the first to purchase “Forza Motorsport 4” and receive an exclusive five car pack
A limited quantity of “Forza Motorsport 4” games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of “Forza Motorsport 4” game discs, will include:

· Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
· Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera--from the Swedish verb “to act”--celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
· Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225bhp I6-powered engine.
· RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
· Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.

Rev up for the Limited Collector’s Edition
For “Forza” fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector’s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector’s Edition will offer.

Prepare to hit the road in a Ferrari 458 Italia, the “Forza Motorsport 4” cover car
Today Turn 10 Studios is also revealing that the cover car for the standard edition of “Forza Motorsport 4” is the Ferrari 458 Italia. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an 8-cylinder two-seater berlinetta with a mid-rear mounted engine, and represents a genuine break with the past in terms of Maranello's previous high-performance sports cars. The Turn 10 team has worked closely with Ferrari to include every intricate detail of the Ferrari 458 Italia in the game, from its sleek aerodynamic design to its exquisitely modeled 4499 cc V8 engine, offering players the most realistic driving experience off the track.

“The Ferrari 458 Italia was a perfect fit for the ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ hero car. It has the ideal blend of style, creative flair, cutting-edge technology and power that makes it just as gorgeous to look at as it is thrilling to take to the track,” said Dan Greenawalt, creative director of Turn 10 Studios. “We’ve worked closely with our partners at Ferrari to bring this amazing car to life in your living room.”

Get a head start on the competition with “Profile Import”
For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in “Forza Motorsport 3”, gift cars will be automatically added to your “Forza Motorsport 4” garage and you’ll also receive bonus gifts and credits. And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!

derFeef said:
Where are those car renders from, shinnn?

Looks like F4 will have sort of a Photo Mode ala GT5 Photo Travel.

We've already seen the Top Gear backdrop, the desert and this one. Fairly simple backgrounds to give more detail to the car.

G Rom

derFeef said:
Where are those car renders from, shinnn?

They come directly from Microsoft and are labeled as "pre-order cars" :

2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
2011 1M Coupe
2011 Honda CR-Z
2011 Mini Clubman
2011 Subaru Imprea WRX STi (purple)

First off turn 10 seems to be lazy with the design of the logo, i mean come on, it has been 2 years (almost) since Forza 3 came out. Cant they figure out a way to make the logo and the number 4 match (at least use the same font). Those shots look awesome, a good leap from Forza 3, the cars don't look cartoony anymore but i feel that they look a bit plastic. The lightning engine (was there ever one?) seems to have been revamped (Hope it looks half as good during game-play) which makes me a happy camper.

brentech

The car gloss seems a little overdone still. They look nice, no doubt, but something just seems off about it. Just wish they'd change their stance on dat god damn wheel support.

where do I start!?

Logo still annoys me, the new FM looks like a 3 way too often like I thought it was suppose to... for forza 3.

The 4 looks tackled on in a poor mans way, fire the logo artist please.

Box art is ok, best in the series is still the forza motorsport 2 orange grey and black box art, 3's was ok but i'm not a huge fan of it, 4's seems to be more like FM1's box art but boring.

Those screens look lush, betting £100 that we won't get that quality from exporting on release day.

I am ok with the kinect bonus stuff, as it's just on the side.

Shaneus

Ferrari should be black/dark rather than bright red. No Porsche makes me a little sad. Definitely sounds like there'll be premiums (which I somewhat gathered from the trailer when they said "experience your dream cars like never before") which does suck a little, but I'm guessing there won't be the disparity b/w premium and standard like GT5.

Top Bottom