• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X/S: The Digital Foundry Tech Review

LostDonkey

I'm not turning this into that thread. Just answering the question that I feel I've seen better.

I wouldn't say it would turn it into any kind of thread really, just interested in what people think looks better on the market. Non modded of course, because if we include mods I'd definitely say AC is the best on PC, FM would be my pick on console.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I wouldn't say it would turn it into any kind of thread really, just interested in what people think looks better on the market. Non modded of course, because if we include mods I'd definitely say AC is the best on PC, FM would be my pick on console.
It definitely would.

Besides, we already have a comparison thread. The game should shine on its own in a tech review. :)

DR3AM

Big bummer about how the 2022 preview looked much better. Hopefully over time they can improve on the IQ and RT.

I love the lighting here. This game has such a CG feel to it. Look at the motion blur and reflection on the black car as you drive past it.

fAEcs8s.gif
There is too much motion blur. Looks like a 30fps game here.

skit_data

- Performance RT: Typically 1518p.
Seems to be in line with what I expected. Their initial promise of 4k 60fps with RT during gameplay came off as a bit unrealistic.
I'd like to see Polyphony offer a similar mode with RT during gameplay in GT7 because personally I'd probably go with that mode over native 4k.

Materials, reflections and lighting looks waay better than in FM7 going by the video. Some of the interiors in FM7 looks outright comically bad in comparison. Huge improvement. Looks really good on Series X.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Seems to be in line with what I expected. Their initial promise of 4k 60fps with RT during gameplay came off as a bit unrealistic.
I'd like to see Polyphony offer a similar mode with RT during gameplay in GT7 because personally I'd probably go with that mode over native 4k.

Materials, reflections and lighting looks waay better than in FM7 going by the video. Some of the interiors in FM7 looks outright comically bad in comparison. Huge improvement. Looks really good on Series X.

If Perf RT's DRS goes all the way to 2160p, this'll be good for future midgen or next gen Xboxes to maximize it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The devs have said they borrowed from the Horizon games for environmental details and it shows, probably the biggest improvement (aside from RT) over FM7.

z0bLqpd.png

Pimpbaa

I don’t get the low AF. It’s been a trivial performance loss for video cards for a very very long time. And should have been for consoles since the xbox 360. I refuse to believe there is any substantial performance gain in using low AF on the Series X or PS5.

Elysium44

Banned
I would like someone to compare Forza Motorsport 5 (2013) to the 2023 game - not 7. FM7 was notoriously dull and flat looking compared to FM5. Unfortunately Mugello wasn't in FM5 or I'd do it for the above screenshots. Let's see how far the franchise has come in 10 years and three games.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
I still can't believe they sacrificed MSAA for TAA. It looks so damn blurry!

It's especially bad on the Series S considering it's a 1080p system. FH5 already looked amazing on 1080p screens but this is just a blurry mess.

Just noticed a lot of people here saying the same thing.

Top Bottom