• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 gameplay preview (leaked)

Ark

TheOddOne said:
This is relevent to my intrest. Also sweet jesus jSHSHSHHSH

If Forza has Indycar, I might just have to cry :(

This will be where Forza 4 has everything I wanted from GT5, dammit!

Shaneus said:
Ferrari should be black/dark rather than bright red. No Porsche makes me a little sad. Definitely sounds like there'll be premiums (which I somewhat gathered from the trailer when they said "experience your dream cars like never before") which does suck a little, but I'm guessing there won't be the disparity b/w premium and standard like GT5.

EA has the Porsche license locked away in a dungeon somewhere in the Pacific..:(

Shaneus said:
Ferrari should be black/dark rather than bright red. No Porsche makes me a little sad. Definitely sounds like there'll be premiums (which I somewhat gathered from the trailer when they said "experience your dream cars like never before") which does suck a little, but I'm guessing there won't be the disparity b/w premium and standard like GT5.

I don't think there'll be any more disparity then already was in F3. I think the real difference is that only some cars will have the fully detailed interiors and engines/etc for that mode where you walk around the car and interact with it. I don't believe that all cars will have that, and the ones that do are what you can call "premiums".

Shaneus

Metalmurphy said:
I don't think there'll be any more disparity then already was in F3. I think the real difference is that only some cars will have the fully detailed interiors and engines/etc for that mode where you walk around the car and interact with it. I don't believe that all cars will have that, and the ones that do are what you can call "premiums".
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at... there'll definitely be "showroom" cars and just regular ones, but that'll be the extent of it. People will probably be up in arms that you can't do it for all of them, but whatever.

Although having said that, given that every interior would (should) be modeled, all cars should have a showroom mode where you can sit inside it and rev the tits off the thing, just not all have doors that open, windows that unwind, active aero etc.

Shaneus said:
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at... there'll definitely be "showroom" cars and just regular ones, but that'll be the extent of it. People will probably be up in arms that you can't do it for all of them, but whatever.

Although having said that, given that every interior would (should) be modeled, all cars should have a showroom mode where you can sit inside it and rev the tits off the thing, just not all have doors that open, windows that unwind, active aero etc.

I might be wrong but I think that just the Cockpit view is a different model then the one with the entire car.

Shaneus

Probably right... for the "premium" cars. But that doesn't mean the "standard" ones won't have an in-car mode where you can rev the crap out of it.

I wonder if, with all this detail and the likely showroom mode, we'll have a realtime dyno? I can only hope.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Has there even been any talk about premium models? (kinect touchable cars lol)

I don't know if they could have pulled it off with all cars with the details we saw a while ago with the Ferrari/Ford GT

Top Bottom