• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Announced (Nintendo Conf.)

Seda

Built from the ground up.
Tanooki suit!
Ships before the year is over.

Rlan said:
01top.jpg

02top.jpg

03top.jpg

04top.jpg

05top.jpg

06top.jpg

07top.jpg

08top.jpg

Trailer is here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2011/03/super_mario/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQMIKYaJd0

rpmurphy said:
Videos with direct audio!
World 1-2
World 3-3

My mind is stunned at looking at 1-2.

Chairhome

I didn't see the Tanooki suit. You guys mean the racoon suit? Unless I am just not remembering correctly. But I am hyped. looks great!

EDIT: I'm an idiot and confused what the Tanooki suit looked like. Haha.

Rlan

I thought it looked really weird, like it was always too close to the screen so you couldn't see what was going on in front of you.

And REALLY weird that they went with Tanooki instead of Raccoon.

Tiktaalik

I really hope the tanooki suit isn't timed like the suits were in the Galaxy games.

This looked amazing though. Game of the Show material. Looked very similar in feel to Mario64.

Davey Cakes

I thought it looked fantastic. Basically NSMB but in 3D, with some Galaxy-like aspects.

It's obvious; when you combine two of the best Mario games you're going to get gold.

Kenka

It does look great but I am concerned about the screen dpi/size in general. I feel too close to the action. Let's see if it can suprise us !

jett

D-Member
It reminds me much more of New Super Mario Bros than SMG/SM64, things like the slow movement and the apparently small-ish 2.5d-ish levels, rather than expansive 3D stages. Looks neat, a nice bridge between 2d and 3d Mario.

Kyzer

Banned
At first. I said. Ha. Now that the Vita has been detailed, Nintendo has to lower the price of the 3DS. Now. I say. Damnit I have to buy a 3DS for 250 bucks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kyzer said:
At first. I said. Ha. Now that the Vita has been detailed, Nintendo has to lower the price of the 3DS. Now. I say. Damnit I have to buy a 3DS for 250 bucks.

You don't need to bold your entire post.

Top Bottom