• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal relaunch presentation

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I had to pause the last video to say...

I cant take much more of this god damn foreplay Jaffe. Release this game immediately.

Please?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This looks so goddamn fun.
So excited.

UNLESS YOU CAN'T GET AXEL UNLESS YOU PRE-ORDER WHAT THE FUCK JAFFE I WANT ANSWERS

The Lamp

Wow, when they were battling in that fancy house, movie theater, and inside the swimming pool, I had to pause the video and catch my breath.

That looks so fantastic.

I haven't seen amazing, off-the-walls, unrealistic mayhem this fun since last gen. I was really starting to get annoyed with so many developers' obsessions to equate realism to fun.

HOSPITAL PATIENT BOMBS FTW

evangd007

So excite about this game. Cashed in my Gamestop $100 off coupon for a PS3 in anticipation (less than an hour before the coupon expired to boot).

Duffyside

Banned
Damn, some smart people over there at Eat-Sleep-Play. Jaffe knows what he's doing: I loathe the theme of Twisted Metal games yet even I think this looks fun as hell. So much ridiculous variety.

The gameplay looks good, but I'm still a little concerned by the lack of an M rating and the lack of info regarding characters and story. Like a couple other people here, I also kinda feel that having the characters be separate from the vehicles kinda waters down my impression. Seeing Sweet Tooth or Dollface strapped to Axel's wheels is just weird to me. So is the whole notion of clans and factions.

I guess as long as the story mode is properly done I can't really complain too much though.

Gotta admit, when I saw this at last years E3 I was a bit underwhelmed. Devs shouldn't feel like they need to show in depth gameplay at pre-alpha stages. It really only ends up being a disservice to their work.

These videos are looking pretty awesome on the other hand and it has me a bit hyped. I spent a lot of time playing twisted metal with my friends as a kid in the 90s.

starchild excalibur said:
The gameplay looks good, but I'm still a little concerned by the lack of an M rating and the lack of info regarding characters and story.

I've seen several people show concern over the lack of an M rating, but that doesn't really make sense to me. This isn't a MK situation where the entire series was rated M and then all of a sudden a T rated game came along. Black is the only M rated game in the entire TM series. If anything it's the oddball. And the tone of the story still seems fairly dark if the 'Broken' trailer is any indication.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I don't mind Axel being a preorder - I just really hope we don't see any retailed exclusive preorders.

Elixist

Great vids , very very excite! Hopefully theres dedi servers that would be nice. The graphics have really stepped up as well and they're running smoooooth... so sweet.

RagnarokX

Ploid 3.0 said:
It's just the skin. He still will have the clown makeup or doll mask when he's on their team it seem.
Isn't that just an assumption? The preorder picture doesn't show Axel the character, it shows Axel the vehicle with a juggalo strapped in it.

rdrr gnr

RagnarokX said:
Isn't that just an assumption? The preorder picture doesn't show Axel the character, it shows Axel the vehicle with a juggalo strapped in it.
According to Amazon, it's the actual vehicle. I'd stick with that until Jaffe says otherwise. I wouldn't put it past them, given the shit Sony has been pulling with R3 and I2.

More videos from the presentation

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-relaunch-twisted-metal/716584
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-relaunch-twisted-metal/716586
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-relaunch-twisted-metal/716883
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-relaunch-twisted-metal/716885
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-relaunch-twisted-metal/716887

Possible boxart

GsNvV.png

adelante

Trevelyan said:
My God these videos are just too awesome. I was sold waaaaayyy before the game was announced. I'm really excited to see the remaining vehicles. I'm not too sure what they might add, but I'll stay pray for a Thumper-like vehiclesince I loved him to death in TM2.
GET OUT. =D Don't see much Thumper love whenever TM2 is brought up but yeah, he's my absolute favourite as well. His specials take a long while to recharge and require you to be up close but goddamn it's so satisfying to not waste a single bit of the flamethrower and whittle down an enemy's life bar from full to about half or more.

Futureman

Rawker said:
it's amazing how far rogue trip was ahead of it's time, can't wait for this game.

I was seriously obsessed with car combat games after TM2. I LOVED Rogue Trip. Was Jaffe behind that, or they just used the engine from TM?

I remember for Christmas the one year asking for TM3 over MGS. Dumb little boy.

TM2 and Rogue Trip were amazing though. Vigilante 8 was pretty fun as well.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I doubt that's the box art. I got this at E3 (best swag ever!) and they told me it wasn't the final box art. Guess we'll see though!

OCNdh.jpg

Top Bottom