• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Stallion Free said:
You can bind waggle motions to buttons on the 360 pad. DKCR plays 200% better on a 360 pad with the waggle moves bound to buttons.

amazing. gonna download dolphin now thx

-MB-

Stallion Free said:
That shouldn't make a difference, is it in a folder along these lines?

E:\Emulators\Dolphin 3.0\User\Config

C:\Program Files\Emulators\Dolphin emulator\User\Config\Profiles\GCPad

It shows in the dropdown menu, but all it does is blank out all the options when I load it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
-MB- said:
C:\Program Files\Emulators\Dolphin emulator\User\Config\Profiles\GCPad

It shows in the dropdown menu, but all it does is blank out all the options when I load it.
Do you have a pad selected in the drop down?

-MB-

Yes I do, that also blanks out the second I load the profile.

EDIT

I just deleted the entire Dolphin dir and replaced it with a clean install of the latest build.
Now it loads fine, odd...

jediyoshi

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

dolphin2011-07-0313-59snfa.jpg

dolphin2011-07-0314-50buy0.jpg

dolphin2011-07-0313-550ue7.jpg

dolphin2011-07-0314-50luzh.jpg

pestul

Downhome said:
It makes me sick to my stomach that Game Cube and Wii games have the ability to look this fantastic, yet Nintendo doesn't seem to be doing anything to make that happen. Most of these shots are night and day, a total generational leap in quality for some.

I still need to wrap my head around the options, none of it makes any sense to me.
Yep. I can't believe Reggie shut that down so definitively at E3. No upscaling of games is a huge disappointment when you look at the potential of what is possible.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone running an Intel 2100 (or can simulate 3100Mhz on their 2400/2500/2600)?
Like to know if its enough for most emulation.

does anyone else have problems running Metroid Prime 3?

When I go to morph ball I get like 10 fps and it stutters like mad.

Dolphin 3.0
Windows 7 64 bit
i7 930 3,5 GHZ
12GB DDR3
GTX 460

I thought that would be enough to run this game...

Stallion Free said:
You can bind waggle motions to buttons on the 360 pad. DKCR plays 200% better on a 360 pad with the waggle moves bound to buttons.

agreed, Retro really did a design flaw with those waggle and blow mechanics :/

ss_lemonade

Do anyone else get random stuttering while using the emulator? The games run fine for me but I get these random stutters especially when playing 60fps games. The fps counter doesn't even budge during the stuttering so I'm not sure what the problem is.

georaldc said:
Do anyone else get random stuttering while using the emulator? The games run fine for me but I get these random stutters especially when playing 60fps games. The fps counter doesn't even budge during the stuttering so I'm not sure what the problem is.

yeah I have this problem as well

pestul said:
Yep. I can't believe Reggie shut that down so definitively at E3. No upscaling of games is a huge disappointment when you look at the potential of what is possible.

It's not upscaling. It would also break the emulation of many games to do this. They would have to custom make an emulator for tons of games. There are so many headaches to doing this that it's just not feasible. Not to mention the level of hardware you'd need.

Nostalgia~4ever said:
agreed, Retro really did a design flaw with those waggle and blow mechanics :/

Funny thing with DKCR. When I first played the co-op, both that and the motion turned me off and I didn't play for months. Decided to finally give it a go by myself about three months ago and it was actually fine. Motion didn't bother me that time around.

But it probably would still be better without. But at least they don't bother me at all anymore.

JJD

Guys, I just saw that there's a Mac version of Dolphin! How it runs compared to the Windows version? Anyone tried?

Would a new Macbook Pro, 2.2 Core Intel i7, 4 GB ram and a Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB video memory be able to run Xenoblade?

Can I run the game straight out of the DVD? Instead of ripping the ISO out?

I'm was considering importing the bundle for the classic controller, but if I can get it to run on my laptop I'll just use my 360 one!

JJD

Datschge said:

Really??? That sucks...PCSX2 runs Ps2 games straight out of your computers disc drive...it's a great feature...I hate dealing with ISO stuff...besides, it's a good way to incentive people to actually buy the game instead of illegally downloading... :-(

-MB-

JJD said:
Really??? That sucks...PCSX2 runs Ps2 games straight out of your computers disc drive...it's a great feature...I hate dealing with ISO stuff...besides, it's a good way to incentive people to actually buy the game instead of illegally downloading... :-(

Problem is, that only a particular set of LG writers support reading gc/wii discs afaik.

StevieP

Banned
JJD said:

The legal alternative to illegally downloading, obviously, is ripping your own games. If your wii is modded in some fashion, you can install ripping software to the homebrew channel and rip to an external HD or even through the network. The Wii Homebrew thread can help you with this.

ss_lemonade

JJD said:
Images load much much faster than running off a disc so I guess that's a good enough point to consider ISOs.

Downhome

Is there anything that can be done to help the quality of the first dungeon in Wind Waker? The game was perfect up to that point, but then it just started going crazy glitching out. It's "playable", but barely.

Downhome said:
Is there anything that can be done to help the quality of the first dungeon in Wind Waker? The game was perfect up to that point, but then it just started going crazy glitching out. It's "playable", but barely.

you mean the fire dungeon? Sorry it is a glitch that hasnt been fixed yet.

teeny

Im trying to run The Wind Waker on Dolphin, but am experiencing that low res depth of field effect that the guide suggests can be disabled. I tried to follow the settings in the post, but cannot find where to set Enable CPU->EFB Access to No.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know what to do to get the game to look its best?

rac

Banned
jediyoshi said:
Here's about where Mario Tennis stands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyMIazB9N9o

The default camera doesn't even properly distance itself so you have to switch it to the view that's closer in. Tennis and Golf I believe are on the same technology so there may be some problems there too. Still a helluva improvement from how it looked in 2.0.
Damn, now you have me wishing for a 3ds mario tennis. Those portable games were so awesome.

jediyoshi

teeny said:
Im trying to run The Wind Waker on Dolphin, but am experiencing that low res depth of field effect that the guide suggests can be disabled. I tried to follow the settings in the post, but cannot find where to set Enable CPU->EFB Access to No.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know what to do to get the game to look its best?

What I find is best, if your computer can handle it, is just bumping up the Internal Resolution (Graphics -> Enhancements tab).

dolphin2011-07-0600-38ipdp.jpg

On the left is 1x, on the right is 4x. Messing around real quick, the only way I was able to remove the blur altogether was with these settings

efblqal.jpg

Although it causes problems, like missing shadows.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nakayubi said:
Xenoblade
Can you take pics of any nice art in the manual that we haven't seen?

Game looks great regardless of resolution, can't wait for September.

JohngPR

Now that the WiiU was confirmed not to upscale Wii games and not even play GCN games, I'm considering using Dolphin.

I'm new to this so can anyone with experience tell me how my PC would fare, please?

CPU: 3.2 GHZ Phenom II X4 955
GPU: Radeon HD 5770
RAM: 4GB

Thanks in advance!

I go with the Right Bumper.

Started playing Wind Waker this morning and I know this has been said before, but that game at 1080p and some AA looks as good as anything released today.

Nabs

Tip: If you're using the 360 controller to emulate the GCN pad, try adjusting the dead zone on the C-Stick. It helps with games like Prime and Smash.

MNC

jediyoshi said:
Revision: r7669

- added 1.5x, 2.5x, 4x internal resolution (2560x2112)

Super Mario Galaxy 2

[im]http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2011-07-0422-54huzq.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2011-07-0423-018uom.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2011-07-0422-461uyi.jpg[/img]
Oh fuck that's pretty.

I cannot for the live of me understand the bottom pic is an ingame image. I refuse to. It's like a CGI render for the cover.

Top Bottom