• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Hoddi

Hey dude, I got a usb BT thingie but need some help cos it's not working. At first I was getting an error from dolphin saying that there's no device it can work with, but then I did the steps to install libusbK with Zadig or whatever, it installed fine, and now it doesn't say that but also it doesn't work.

I've tried syncing with the Wiimote red button or with just pressing any button or pressing 1 + 2 together, it just flashes for a while and nothing happens. Dolphin says scanning for Wii remotes or whatever when pressing the hotkey or the sync button in the controller config and that's all, nothing...
I think the first step would be to check that you got the right chipset. Here's how it looks in my Device Manager where we're looking for the hardware ID.

htZQWlA.png

Secondly, here are the drivers loaded on the device. Do all these match up on your system?

kt4rHwT.png

Edit:

Including the settings for Dolphin.

HAjF1XB.png

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I think the first step would be to check that you got the right chipset. Here's how it looks in my Device Manager where we're looking for the hardware ID.
Looks like it's a completely different chipset. O well. It still works to pair and play in emulated real Wii remote mode as before, just without libusbK (that part looked the same as yours iIrc when I had used it but since it didn't work for passthrough I removed it and went back to standard drivers).
image.png

Do you know how to use a paired Wii remote as a mouse in a way easier than GlovePIE (and not abandoned Touchmote)? So I can use it as a lightgun with TeknoParrot and RetroArch Otherwise I'll probably go back to the Dolphinbar which has built in operation modes those apps can utilize.

Last edited:

Hoddi

Looks like it's a completely different chipset. O well. It still works to pair and play in emulated real Wii remote mode as before, just without libusbK (that part looked the same as yours iIrc when I had used it but since it didn't work for passthrough I removed it and went back to standard drivers).
image.png
That's unfortunate and looks like they didn't send you the right adapter. The one in the Amazon link was for UB400 (which is BT 4.0) while this is clearly a different one.

Did you try the other driver options in the Zadig tool like WinUSB or libusb? My CSR8510 works with the libusbk driver but failed with libusb if I remember correctly.

Do you know how to use a paired Wii remote as a mouse in a way easier than GlovePIE (and not abandoned Touchmote)? So I can use it as a lightgun with TeknoParrot and RetroArch Otherwise I'll probably go back to the Dolphinbar which has built in operation modes those apps can utilize.
I've never used a Wii remote on PC outside of Dolphin so I can't really help you there.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That's unfortunate and looks like they didn't send you the right adapter. The one in the Amazon link was for UB400 (which is BT 4.0) while this is clearly a different one.

Did you try the other driver options in the Zadig tool like WinUSB or libusb? My CSR8510 works with the libusbk driver but failed with libusb if I remember correctly.

I've never used a Wii remote on PC outside of Dolphin so I can't really help you there.
I tried WinUSB I think. I'll experiment again at some point to make sure I guess. Thanks for the help. I might just go back to the Dolphinbar instead though cos having the Teknoparrot & RetroArch core lightgun shooters playable with the Zapper and such was a good bonus on top of Wii emulation.

Have to ask though, if you were using real Wii remote emulation before going the passthrough route, did you actually notice an improvement in controls and stuff, cos that's mainly why I was interested even though I don't really have any issues that I don't think were inherent to my real Wii as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom