• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

The Pokemon jelly donut thing was a result of 4Kids, which was mentioned in the Yu-gi-oh video. 4 Kids = Power Pack. Get hype.
lolwut

But honestly it sounds like Gambit because of the card connection? Everyone has been saying Gambit for a while though...

Starphoenix said:
Want to know how hockey and Gambit tie together? Sticks. It's Gambit guys. Goodnight.

That's a pretty loose interpretation of hockey teases, lol. I was thinking it might be MMX related because Sid the Kid plays for the penguins and Chill Penguin was in MMX. But even that is pretty loose.

Vaztor

Neo Member
Starphoenix said:
Congratulations, we've finally gotten somewhere...

Want to know how hockey and Gambit tie together? Sticks. It's Gambit guys. Goodnight.

Did you miss the part where I said "Until Lupinko told us we weren't getting it"

I hardly think us coming to a conclusion = not realizing it yet >_>

Vaztor said:
Did you miss the part where I said "Until Lupinko told us we weren't getting it"

I hardly think us coming to a conclusion = not realizing it yet >_>

Nobody came to a conclusion on anything at any point, there were still divisions with people on whether it was Iceman or Venom. It was by no means unanimous.

Unless I am completely off base now? But if I am it has more to do with me being half asleep than anything else. Shoot Lupinko should just tell me so I can go to sleep, I don't care to spill secrets. lol

Vaztor

Neo Member
And the Dave Kujan moment on Shoryuken? I don't think anything relating to Gambit qualified for that.

And if it were Gambit, why didn't Lupinko suggest that NeoGAF had it at any point when I was the first freaking person to make a Gambit connection on here >_>

Neki

Vaztor said:
And the Dave Kujan moment on Shoryuken? I don't think anything relating to Gambit qualified for that.

And if it were Gambit, why didn't Lupinko suggest that NeoGAF had it at any point when I was the first freaking person to make a Gambit connection on here >_>

stop listening to Lupinko and start listening to your heart, it will give you the answers you desire.

Vaztor said:

I thought someone on Gamefaqs had that "moment" first? I don't know, I'm half asleep and it is getting tiresome. I was working on a comprehensive analysis until I received some new information that made me look at my original suspicion and question it. So now I'm not even sure that I'm right. Maybe when I'm not so tired I'll get back on track.

Vaztor

Neo Member
I thought the whole point of these threads spread across the internet and this whole goose hunt game was to listen to him....

Unlike most, I now have the privilege of holding a key that most other do not. So once I'm sober I'm going to go through all of the posts and find what I'm looking for. If for no other reason than for my own personal amusement.

lupinko

Korigama said:
Been thinking that how many donuts one has can be more relevant than what kind they are (Niitsuma might agree).

*got bored, felt like playing*

8xmnvo.gif

So the comment about "the most important person" giving out the first news about the game was related to Niitsuma's donut video. But is that what lupinko said everyone on Shoryuken and NeoGAF missed? It doesn't seem related to most of his other hints.

Oy, I don't know anymore. The only thing that has seemed to be connected all day was either Gambit or Ghost Rider. Look right now all I care about is whether this game comes to the Wii U or not... On top of that I'm waiting for Smash Bros Wii U.

I'll warn you now Lupinko, if you spoil anything about that game Nintendo won't be as merciful as Capcom...

lupinko

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
So the comment about "the most important person" giving out the first news about the game was related to Niitsuma's donut video. But is that what lupinko said everyone on Shoryuken and NeoGAF missed? It doesn't seem related to most of his other hints.

Pretty much is, the yugioh link was removed for three reasons 1) it wasn't the right episode I was thinking about, tho it's still funny 2) to use it to explain indirectly how its former US distributor does poor localization jobs/censorship, but that was too difficult since the previous hint already made things obvious since people realized what they weren't supposed to be 3) streamline things.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna say the Apocalypse quote was way too easy, so I'm thinking he's referring to one of his horsemen. Gambit fits the bill here as one of his more prominent ones in recent years.

GambitDeath.png

The Death persona may be incorporated like Dante's Devil Trigger.

I wonder if they're still going to roll with Galactus as final boss or if they're actually going to use someone else.
Also, I really hope there's a LOT more stages included. :V

And I can't wait for the new musax.

mr. puppy

Banned
well instead of just making it simple and doing like one tweet per character, lupinko has officially killed the hype that he so loved to make and watch everyone dance around. none of this makes sense and isn't worth following since his management of this is a trainwreck.

the steam sale is going on, and its a blast. see you guys in the comic con thread.

SmithnCo

Becquerel said:
I wonder if they're still going to roll with Galactus as final boss or if they're actually going to use someone else.
Also, I really hope there's a LOT more stages included. :V

And I can't wait for the new musax.

Yeah, they desperately need to add more stages. I wonder if lupinko knows anything about those...

Also can't wait to hear some of the themes, I suck at MvC3 but I can't help getting hyped. These hints are convoluted as fuck though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
haunts said:
omg you guys are quoting HAIKUWAR. lmfao. askgf;kasgf

holy shit GAF..come on..

im in tears over here...

that guy lives in norcal..you just..have to know him to understand i guess..

anyway..

edit: omg i just looked back like 3 pages. are you guys for real? go outside for christs sake. haha.
#fuckhaunts

#fuckUltimoo

What do we have here.. 12 donuts.
Someone on GameFAQs mentions that 4kids usually dubs Rice balls as donuts. So it's pokemon related, but how does that connect? Pokemon's whole fad was the trading CARD game. So.. Gambit? Seems too easy for the relative amount of convoluted bullshit in all the other riddles. Someone on GameFAQs also mentioned Penguin is a card game, which is the team Crosby plays for..

But then.. Brock is the one in Pokemon who makes the rice balls(donuts). And Eddie Brock is Venom.

And there lies the inherent problem with the riddles. You can have good riddles, but good riddles have an A-HA! moment in them. With these riddles, there's always ambiguity in middle steps and even later on at the end of the trail you can't still be 100% sure of it cause eventually you get linked to a list of Dark Angel episodes called Middle is the Message that features a character named Logan and then your back spinning in circles again :/

Oh and then the Timmies commercial ends in "Our Passion Grows On Ice," and he posts Caruso to spice it up when someone on SRK guessed Ice Man jokingly and someone else replied to his guess with a picture of Caruso.

There are way too many places to go with the references, these riddles need to be focused a bit.

EDIT: @lupinko Lance Lingos
the buds, the rags, the pens, and the sabres?

Banking on these being the four horsemen or some shit. With the Pens being Crosby ;= Gambit.

enzo_gt said:
#fuckhaunts

#fuckUltimoo

Someone on GameFAQs mentions that 4kids usually dubs Rice balls as donuts. So it's pokemon related, but how does that connect? Pokemon's whole fad was the trading CARD game. So.. Gambit? Seems too easy for the relative amount of convoluted bullshit in all the other riddles. Someone on GameFAQs also mentioned Penguin is a card game, which is the team Crosby plays for..

But then.. Brock is the one in Pokemon who makes the rice balls(donuts). And Eddie Brock is Venom.

And there lies the inherent problem with the riddles. You can have good riddles, but good riddles have an A-HA! moment in them. With these riddles, there's always ambiguity in middle steps and even later on at the end of the trail you can't still be 100% sure of it cause eventually you get linked to a list of Dark Angel episodes called Middle is the Message that features a character named Logan and then your back spinning in circles again :/

Oh and then the Timmies commercial ends in "Our Passion Grows On Ice," and he posts Caruso to spice it up when someone on SRK guessed Ice Man jokingly and someone else replied to his guess with a picture of Caruso.

There are way too many places to go with the references, these riddles need to be focused a bit.

EDIT: @lupinko Lance Lingos
the buds, the rags, the pens, and the sabres?

Banking on these being the four horsemen or some shit. With the Pens being Crosby ;= Gambit.
*Blinks*

Are you okay, man?

SmithnCo

Buds, rags, pens, and sabres is more hockey shit. There is no way to tell if these hints correspond to one character or more so who knows if the hockey stuff is related to the donuts and the usual suspects and anything else lol.

Chavelo

Lupinko, what happened? You used to be one of the cool guys, the one to look forward to dropping the bombs. Now it looks like you got hired by Capcom.

SMH. Back to the steam sale for me until the game is offiicially announced. GG, guys.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can we get Conspiracy-GAF in here to crack these?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
*Blinks*

Are you okay, man?
Its going to be a long two weeks.

You know it's fucked up when this thing dantemustdie wrote is the most coherent thing so far:
Okay, so I've been doing some investigating.
Basically, the last 4 videos were:

- Niitsuma eating donuts.
- Tim Horton Sidney Crosby commercial
- Jelly donut Pokemon scene
- A scene from The Usual Suspects with that quote "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convinced the world he didn't exist"

Anyways, Lupinko hasn't been giving out easy to figure out clues. Cards = Gambit? Aegis reflector = Urien? No way, things are much more cryptic than this.

I haven't figured anything out yet, and what Im looking into could be entirely wrong but I wanted to throw out what I've been looking up in hopes that someone could join in and see if this is possibly the correct path to choose in investigation.

From the 4 videos I watched, the most important information I gathered was:

- Niitsuma is eating twelve donuts and he himself isn't revealing a message. "He himself didn't reveal a message. So you can say, medium is the message"
- Tim Horton is important
- From the Pokemon clip, Brock is the central character in the scene. They are all eating jelly-filled donuts.

If you wiki Tim Horton, he was a Canadian Ice Hockey Defenseman for the Toronto Mapleleafs, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Buffalo Sabres. All of these teams were alluded to earlier, so Lupinko was referencing Tim Horton earlier.

He has a pretty interesting history in the Canadian Ice Hockey league, but whats most interesting is that Tim Horton started a major doughnut industry under his name, Tim Horton. Apparently this franchise has done well for itself.

Anyways, if you look further past the doughnut industry section you can read up on his death. What's most interesting here is this line; "He was navigating a curve on the QEW where it crosses over Twelve Mile Creek (Ontario) in St. Catharines when he lost control and hit a concrete culvert."

If you click on the link to Twelve Mile Creek (Get it? 12 donuts?), it takes you to another wikipedia page for Twelve Mile Creek, a waterway located in Ontario, Canada. This entire page is pretty cut and dry, nothing really interesting to note.

Until you get to the bottom.
Once you hit the references section, you'll see this link: ^ "Brock University Special Collections". Retrieved 2008-05-18.

Brock. You know. The dude earlier eating jelly filled donuts.

So for now this page is where I was led to. I decided to quit my investigation to show what I have been looking into in hopes that other people might help.

I have absolutely NO idea if this is the correct path he's trying to make us take, but right now it's the only thing I have to go on.
dantemustdie, Today at 3:18 AM #3292

EDIT: also someone on SRK noted that the Niitsuma video was made the day Viper was confirmed. Viper = Venom.

Recently in an interview, Seth Killian said how they're not ignoring MVC3, and they're aware of how requested Strider/Phoenix Wright were. Maybe...?
I think that's what he is referring to. It upset people that he didn't mention Megaman X though, so what does that mean?...

Look, we have to play this Valve ARG game because well people complained too much about getting generic lists.
You're doing an awesome job so far. The only people bailing on the riddles are dunces that read the word Urien without looking at the rest of the sentence and say "zomg Urien is in?!" A lot of people are having a blast with this.

People need to get off of Strider and Phoenix Wright; those are solved. Let's focus on other stuff.

Or Azazel
I think he might be a bit too obscure, but then again he was in X-Men:First Class.
X-Men: First Class has 2 planned sequels. Since Azazel is in the film, they may keep him around to impregnate Mystique to explain the origins of Nightcrawler.

Archangel, please.
Apparently Archangel is becoming the new Apocalypse in comics, so you'll get him - in a way.

well instead of just making it simple and doing like one tweet per character, lupinko has officially killed the hype that he so loved to make and watch everyone dance around. none of this makes sense and isn't worth following since his management of this is a trainwreck.

the steam sale is going on, and its a blast. see you guys in the comic con thread.
Maybe on GAF, but between leaving work at 5PM last night, and coming in this morning, GameFAQs made over 700 posts exploring the riddles, and they're loving it. Maybe GAF is just lazy.

On the other hand, progress has legitimately been made on several of the clues. We're probably to the point of knowing ~50% of the roster with some degree of certainty.

CPS2

haunts said:
omg you guys are quoting HAIKUWAR. lmfao. askgf;kasgf

holy shit GAF..come on..

im in tears over here...

that guy lives in norcal..you just..have to know him to understand i guess..

anyway..

edit: omg i just looked back like 3 pages. are you guys for real? go outside for christs sake. haha.

I want to stay home and unlock puzzles... OMG... PUZZLE UNLOCKED! Phoenix Wright?!

Jamie OD

What if we get Anti-Venom instead of Venom? Marvel seems to be using ideas from their current or more recent stories so wouldn't Eddie Brock be Anti-Venom in this case?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Jamie OD said:
What if we get Anti-Venom instead of Venom? Marvel seems to be using ideas from their current or more recent stories so wouldn't Eddie Brock be Anti-Venom in this case?

Entirely possible. Just give him a Venom alt-costume and I don't think anyone would be really pissed. I'm enjoying this more than an actual roster leak btw.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nils said:
Entirely possible. Just give him a Venom alt-costume and I don't think anyone would be really pissed. I'm enjoying this more than an actual roster leak btw.

we might enjoy the trivia but at same time it is getting frustrating to see who is right or not since everyone is throwing too much idea instead being on same page.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils said:
It would be more fun with the wealth of confusion and ambiguity cut out of the picture. Also, more fun WITHOUT deconfirmations.

mr. puppy

Banned
"the flounder strikes at dawn"

every character, new stage, and balance changes can be found from that phrase. i can't believe how dumb you all are for not figuring it out. you guys are so dumb. its so obvious and in front of your face, and you're going to feel ridiculous when the game comes out and the answer smacks you in the face.

JazzmanZ

You guys are all over the place with his tweets you're all like that one Riddler clue from the Adam west tv show.

For all we know that Jelly donut stuff could end up linking directly to Norimaro.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JazzmanZ said:
You guys are all over the place with his tweets it's like trying to solve one of Riddlers vague clues that nobody but the man who wrote it and Batman knows the answer too.

For all we know that Jelly donut stuff could end up linking directly to Norimaro.
But... The nature of the riddles is all over the place. There are fragile, obscure, ambiguous and multifaceted links between hints. The riddle game pretty much set up for misguidance, Lupinko shouldn't be angry when ambiguous clues all connect in 5 different ways to produce 5 different interpretations. We have no way to deduce which one is the correct one, and even still if we do we have no method of confirmation, so were constantly spinning in circles.

This is why I asked Lupinko if he'd at least acknowledge correct answers. Even after all the guessing at SRK, Chibi said "One of you are right." and then left. Lupinko needs to at least tweet "enzo_gt's got the right idea" or such if he wants to keep with not being completely explicit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom