• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD September 2011 Sales Results [Update 3: FIFA 12, Madden 12, Dead Island]

AniHawk

did the ps3 get a price drop? pretty awesome sales. 360 is amazing as it has been for the last year or so. wii is doing comparatively bad, and the 3ds is now killing the old ds.

Microsoft continues to be the system to beat in North America. It's been a great 2011 for them so far and I imagine the holiday will look even better.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
AniHawk said:
did the ps3 get a price drop? pretty awesome sales. 360 is amazing as it has been for the last year or so. wii is doing comparatively bad, and the 3ds is now killing the old ds.
Sarcasm?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Four_Chamber said:
Microsoft continues to be the system to beat in North America. It's been a great 2011 for them so far and I imagine the holiday will look even better.

Holiday Bundle with right games can bring in so many people, 1 360 Exclusive and 1 Kinect Exclusive

BurntPork

Banned
As I said in the other thread:

As I feared, 3DS saw a nasty weekly drop compared to the first two weeks after the drop, and it's probably going to drop even more next month. (Only <12% compared to the weekly average for all of August, though.) I'm guessing it'll drop to 45k/week in October.

3DS is still doomed here. :/

I don't think it's going to take off here. I mean, the weekly average is about double what it was before the cut, but at the same time that's just not enough here. At this rate, it'll be lucky to hit 2 million by the end of the year.

Speaking of 2 million, if Gears 3 sold 2 mil, how much did Madden sell? o_O

user_nat said:
How do we know MS pr was talking about hardware sales and not overall?

I don't think it's a coincidence that Sony mentioned 20% growth and doing the math YoY, it equals 374k, while the Wii sells 240k, which happens to represent 58% of overall hardware unit sales in September.

LowParry

For the Emperor! Happy to see that in the top 10. Relic must be pleased.

And Black Ops STILL up there in sales? Crazy considering MW3 is nearly a month away. Crazy times that COD.

Woah! Madden beat Gears! Didn't see that coming! (also gave the 360 less of a hardware bump than I thought it would)

3DS is definitely on the rebound and also certainly continuing to eat into the DSi's sales (meaning that it's selling to the DS' expanded audience) It's going to beast this holiday season for sure.

I'm surprised at Deus Ex' legs though. Was expecting it to drop from the top 10 completely.

Need Starfox 64 3D numbers...

BKK

bud said:
it's pretty cool that fifa's in the top ten.

did that happen in the last couple of years?

2010:

Halo Reach (360) - 3.3 million
Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP)
Dead Rising 2 (360, PS3, PC)
NHL 11 (360, PS3)
FIFA 11 (360, PS3, PS2, PSP, NDS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
Mafia II (360, PS3, PC)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3, 360, NDS, Wii)
Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Modern Warfare 2 (360, PS3, PC)

2009:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) / Sony / 537K
Wii Fit Plus (Wii) / Nintendo / 441K
Borderlands (360) / Take-Two / 418K
Wii Sports Resort (Wii) / Nintendo / 314K
NBA 2K10 (360) / Take-Two / 311K
Halo 3: ODST (360) / Microsoft / 271K
NBA 2K10 (PS3) / Take-Two / 213K
Forza Motorsport 3 (360) / Microsoft / 175K
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (DS) / Square Enix / 169K
FIFA Soccer 10 (360) / EA / 156K
Demon's Souls (PS3) / Atlus / ?
Brutal Legend (360) / EA / 150K
FIFA Soccer 10 (PS3) / EA / ?
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (NDS) / Nintendo / ?
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 (360) / THQ / ?
Tekken 6 (PS3) / Namco Bandai / ?
Borderlands (PS3) / Take-Two / 113K
Madden NFL 10 (360) / EA / ?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: (NDS) / Nintendo / ?
Mario Kart (Wii) / Nintendo /

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
user_nat said:
How do we know MS pr was talking about hardware sales and not overall?
then you wouldn't see this:

· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in September (hardware, software and accessories) reached $534 million, the most for any console in the U.S. and more than total retail spend from the current-generation console competition combined. (Source: NPD Group, September 2011)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also EA had a great fucking month, all 3 sport titles up there in the TOP Fucking 5...DAMN!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
MrPink93485 said:
I don't think it's a coincidence that Sony mentioned 20% growth and it equals 374k, while the Wii sells 240k, which happens to represent 58% of overall hardware unit sales in September.
Yeah, that would be one heck of a coincidence.
Good numbers for the PS3 then.

No 360s with student laptops this month correct? Guess that wasn't such a big deal aferall..

Satchel

Banned
Be interesting to see next month if the 360 staved off the PS3 price cut thanks to Gears, or off it's own back.

Derrick01

Banned
jstevenson said:
charting in the top 10 (all skus) as an exclusive is flopping these days?!

Possibly. Deus Ex was number 1 last month with like 200,000 sold. It doesn't matter where you place it matters how much you sold.

But Deus Ex came out in the last week of tracking for that month. I'm pretty sure Resistance came out much earlier in its month.

TheOddOne

The Faceless Master said:
i didn't see the Sony PR posted in the thread yet, hence me saying that.
Sony:
SCEA
NPD’s September report saw double-digit growth for both PS3 software (52%) and hardware (20%), as increasing brand awareness continues to fuel interest with consumers. First-party software sales remained strong this month, with boosts from blockbuster titles like Resistance 3. The lower PS3 console price point and the upcoming release of exciting titles – Uncharted 3, Everybody Dance and Ratchet and Clank – will continue PlayStation’s momentum into the holiday season.

-- Patrick Seybold, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications at SCEA

Top Bottom