• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 3 PS3 Singleplayer Intro Gameplay Video [Up2: Better 360 Footage]

mr_nothin

Banned
After watching that latest PS3 SP footage...I'm going to play through the whole SP campaign just because of the voice acting, facial animations, and animations overall. It sounds so interesting. Love it when a game has great voice acting and decent to good/amazing writing. It gets me so involved into what's going on in the game.

So tired of "video game" voice acting and cheap/stiff looking characters in cutscenes. Everything in those cutscenes looked and sounded great! They sound like actual people rather than some retarded video game character.

Arment

That campaign footage is pretty impressive. Looked like a movie in the cut-scenes. That's just on the PS3.

Effect

Izayoi said:
THE NUMBERS, MASON

It could easily go this way but I wouldn't mind. I honestly really enjoyed the Black Ops campaign, more then the MW series but that was all kinds of crazy in parts. It was very entertaining. Blackburn isn't how I imagined him to look though but that is a positive for me. Similar to how I didn't expect Soap to look the way he does in MW2 after playing MW1.

Graphic wise it looked pretty good as well. Just concerned about the size of maps on the consoles now.

I hope the guy's account doesn't get flagged with it being a legit copy after all.

nib95 said:
Looks pretty awesome. Gorgeous lighting and post processing effects. Seems fairly smooth as well. I'm pretty pumped. Much better than I was expecting, though it's hard to tell from off screen footage.

Ditto. I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with the single player.

Pennybags

LEGGZZZZ said:
wish someone would do a private match and just walk around the maps on console.

I'd imagine "private matches" on consoles, if available at all, would require a certain amount of players.

BF 1943 did this, couldn't remember if BC2 on Xbox/PS3 did.

From the beta datafiles, there may be a multiplayer tutorial, though.

Bazhard

Banned
dat lighting :O

The beta had me worried, it looked terrible but this reassures me that it wont look the same, highly interested in the coop/SP stuff, not a huge competitive MP guy but that train level looked goddamn awesome.

That one guy questioning Blackburn totally sounds and even looks like Aaron from 24. Graphics look ok, hard to tell the finer details with horrible youtube quality. Lighting is quite awesome.

Slomo and qte's though, lol.

Soma

The interrogation room scene is really well done. Great facial animations. I don't think the campaign will be revolutionary or anything but i think it'll be a pretty fun 6-7 hour romp before delving into the multiplayer.

PerZona

Not bad at all. Was quite turned off by the Xbox 360 screens posted in the another thread, but it seems that in motion it's much better.

Spl1nter

Darkshier said:
That one guy questioning Blackburn totally sounds and even looks like Aaron from 24. Graphics look ok, hard to tell the finer details with horrible youtube quality. Lighting is quite awesome.

Slomo and qte's though, lol.

thought the exact same thing lol

Izayoi

Banned
Watching the rest of the video, the cutscenes are actually pretty damn impressive. Fantastic sound, direction, and voice acting.

Spl1nter said:
thought the exact same thing lol
There needs to be a scene with his character talking with the president so we can hear a good ol' Aaron "Mr. President". Blackburns first name should also be Jack and his last name changed to Bauer.

meppi

That looks rather incredible.
Didn't think it would come close to Killzone 3 type visuals, but on first sight it looks on par.
Very impressed.

Tunavi said:
yuck, looks wayyy too much like CoD
Oh please.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!

OVERLOAD!

GOD I have no clue how am I gonna survive these next 4 days @_@!

Nizz

Fuck, it's going to be a long wait. Jumped on that Newegg deal for the free shipping but I think it's shipping 3 day select. So it'll probably be Friday till I get my hands on this. Looks pretty good in that video from what I could tell.

Top Bottom