• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 3 PS3 Singleplayer Intro Gameplay Video [Up2: Better 360 Footage]

TheJerit

RoboPlato said:
The character animation is fantastic. Just watching the pilot walk down the hall looked incredibly natural. It doesn't have the stiffness most games have.

yeah, they better send that fifa team a fucking fruit basket or something.....

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BunnyLifeguard said:
I still can't believe anybody got into the "pc lead platform" shit. But we will see, if this ps3 footage is "low" on pc in therms of effects etc...

LOL, bomb is gonna drop.
The PC will have better textures and IQ but it looks like the lighting and animation is going to be excellent on all 3 platforms. Good on DICE.

SapientWolf said:
The PC will have better textures and IQ but it looks like the lighting and animation is going to be excellent on all 3 platforms. Good on DICE.

Of course it will have better textures, but in the famous flipchart they wrote something about effects being disabled in "low" (similar to consoles).

And i just can't imagine that in no fucking way.

feel

Even with the crappy offscreen iphone quality, the detail and animation on that carrier vid was really good. Dat wetness of the "runway".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's something a bit sad about a BF game that starts off with a literal
corridor shooting sequence
. My hype for the single player has basically gone into the negative ever since those previews from a couple of weeks ago.

fin

I don't want to get spoiled, but I had to watch a tad of it. Looks really good. Surprised actually, the screens from yesterday were kinda gross. But yeah, after watching that, console version redeemed. Good job DICE!

Duxxy3

Really want this game but there is no chance origin is being installed on my PC.

That sucks because i was really looking forward to it and had the money to buy it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Duxxy3 said:
Really want this game but there is no chance origin is being installed on my PC.

That sucks because i was really looking forward to it and had the money to buy it.

damn! you're hardcore lol

JJD

Looks great, but what I really wanna see is how they adapted the huge multiplayer maps for the 24 player consoles...

I hope they don't cut off anything...if I remember correctly someone at Dice said that they scaled the maps down, if they managed to do this, without chopping chunks of the maps I'll be happy...

I don't mind having less flags on conquest, just keep the maps full.

Dabanton

Looking good. Even from shitty off screen footage.

I don't get why DICE were sort of hiding the console versions all this time.

Dabanton said:
Looking good. Even from shitty off screen footage.

I don't get why DICE were sort of hiding the console versions all this time.

They really weren't hiding them. The PC is the lead platform so they wanted to show it off at its best.

LEGGZZZZ

From a amination perspective, this game shits on like 98% on the games on the market (at least in the action/shooter genre). I impressed I can see it that well through a shitty cellphone capture. DAT FB2 ENGINE.

J-Rzez

I hope the rest of the game isn't like that train part. I don't know why there's a need to do this unbelievable over the top action shit in these games. CoD used to have a fantastic SP experience where you were a grunt, a part of something bigger, while still insignificant feeling. I had hopes that this would pick up where the old CoD feeling left off at, but looks like that might not be the case. Oh well, I'll just jump into the real deal of a BF game and never look back.

I used to always play the SP part of a game like these before. Now though forget it, I just go to the MP and that's that.

Hanmik

Looked good.. actually really good. But I just cannot shake that Deja-vu feeling.. I love the Modern Warfare singleplayer campaigns, and this looks like it is going to be just the same. Small corridor fights, a small bit more open stuff, then some vehicle action, then corridor again.. twist and turn it, and you have the exact same formula like COD games.

Not that it is a bad thing.. no just the contrary, I love the SP in COD games. Over the top crazy action movie action. give me, give me, give me..

Nessus

Bazhard said:
dat lighting :O

The beta had me worried, it looked terrible but this reassures me that it wont look the same, highly interested in the coop/SP stuff, not a huge competitive MP guy but that train level looked goddamn awesome.

Yeah, the beta looked pretty meh, but it's multiplayer.

Guess I'll add my voice to those surprised by how good it looks on console, and eager to see what it looks like on PC with max settings.

Dabanton

SolidSnakex said:
They really weren't hiding them. The PC is the lead platform so they wanted to show it off at its best.

i understand that, but the whole way they've gone about this is silly. People who are making the effort to buy their product on consoles day one deserve to see what they are buying into.

There has been a serious lack of console MP footage and when they do show it, it's tight smaller stages filmed offscreen for some reason. I haven't been following the game for the last two days but has DICE finally shown what the bigger console maps look like? i know they showed off the PC ones.

Or are those still hidden away?

sp3000

Dabanton said:
i understand that, but the whole way they've gone about this is silly. People who are making the effort to buy their product on consoles day one deserve to see what they are buying into.

There has been a serious lack of console MP footage and when they do show it, it's tight smaller stages filmed offscreen for some reason. I haven't been following the game for the last two days but has DICE finally shown what the bigger console maps look like? i know they showed off the PC ones.

Or are those still hidden away?

It's funny that there is so much whining about lack of console footage when this is the only game in that last few years that has shown PC footage in it's trailers. Usually every other big release sees only console footage. I'm glad dice isn't following the norm here.

ace3skoot

its pretty weird how much a decent voice acting actually adds to a game, i mean there was nothing original in that 10 minutes or so but i felt engage and wanting more. SP might be fairly decent that would be a nice bonus :)

Well I am not in this for the singleplayer, so I am probably the wrong person to judge this but I thought this looked pretty dumb. The campaign really looks like something straight out of Modern Warfare, I enjoyed that but only for the first game and then I kind of had enough. Might play through some day when I am bored, just because it looks greats.

Still got it pre ordered and waiting to pre load today, can't fucking wait for more conquest.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow that looks amazing on PS3.

lol @ people who canceled their pre-order due to the shit beta quality.

The_Monk

It's almost time for this.

Shame that I'll get this and the Uncharted 3 at almost the same time.

It happened the same with Forza 4 and Dark Souls for the PS3. After all this I just need to know if I'm going to get Skyrim on December/January and it will be a good time without buying games or getting them day 1.

BF3, UC3, Forza4, Dark Souls... Where's the time when we need it the most, argh.

Luthos

I didn't think Aaron from 24, but basically "Hey, it's the voice of that guy that's always a military guy in movies!"

And yea, that looked really good.

It's hard to say, smaller compressed videos typically hide things like aliasing and texture filtering.

Certainly the lighting looks good (if overblown).

Did I just hear this guy

329px-AaronPierceSeason7.jpg

Playing this character voice?

Battlefield_3_rendering.jpg

It's funny cause the first time I saw that picture I thought it looked like him lol

*edit* It probably IS modeled after him.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is that cutscene that takes place between the two missions real time?! If so, that is seriously some impressive shit. Being off camera it's difficult to really tell, but it looks quite incredible. I'm also surprised and impressed by the PS3 version shown here. It really does look and feel like the original trailers.

firehawk12 said:
There's something a bit sad about a BF game that starts off with a literal
corridor shooting sequence
. My hype for the single player has basically gone into the negative ever since those previews from a couple of weeks ago.
Actually, this whole intro sold me on the campaign. I was afraid it was going to be another amped to 11 100% of the time Call of Duty campaign, but it seems like it can swing between the subdued and action packed pretty smoothly.

big_z

dark10x said:
Is that cutscene that takes place between the two missions real time?! If so, that is seriously some impressive shit. Being off camera it's difficult to really tell, but it looks quite incredible. I'm also surprised and impressed by the PS3 version shown here. It really does look and feel like the original trailers.

i dont think it looks nearly as impressive as some people are making it out to be. the low quality of the video is hiding a lot. that said it looks good enough for me to put down $40 and preorder the 360 version. couldnt bring myself to upgrade my pc for one game with new hardware coming early next year.

my main worry with the visuals is how it will look in open areas. hopefully it's not like NFSrun where everything looks like an n64 game 50 feet past your car.

Top Bottom