• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It transfers the ambassador games though.

Yeah, but are you still considered an Ambassador and will be able to download the upcoming GBA games?

You know what? At this point, I'm just gonna take the plunge and see how it works. I can't put this Zelda 3DS to waste after all...

Emitan

I like how the friends list icon has a badge if one of your friends is in a joinable game. Now I just need to get Mario Kart so I can actually join games!

waicol

Banned
Video codec is mjpg, though can't get the videos i'm converting to be read by the 3ds. Tried 3d and non 3d ones.

Cartman86

Banned
I would even be okay with achievements not having a total score thing if there was a completion percentage associated with every game. Would also at least need a way to check all my achievements (list of all games) without having to exit (or enter) a game. Would help if this list was just a part of my profile in my friends list as well. I don't get obssessed about steam achievements as much as I do with 360 not because there is no total score, but because it's just too annoying trying to view and compare my friends list with mine let alone look at what I have in the first place.

M3d10n

Here's the video format, from media player classic:

Video: MJPG 480x240 20.00fps 1825Kbps [Video 0]
Audio: IMA ADPCM 16000Hz mono 64Kbps [Audio 1]
Video: MJPG 480x240 20.00fps 1807Kbps [Video 2]

It's merely MJPG with two video streams. Should be quite easy to convert videos to this format.

Is there any evidence that this achievement thing goes beyond Mii Plaza?

None, I have no idea why people are discussing this.

-KRS-

Oh nice it's out. Downloading it now. I like that it takes a long time to download. It makes it seem like the update is really big :D

Halfway through now.

Unai

Aren't these new achievements game specific, like the ones in smash bros, metroid prime or resident evil mercenaries?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
They should rename the StreetPass Mii lPaza since it isn't limited to just StreetPasses anymore.

Effect

Like the changes to the Mii Plaza but really wish we could buy new puzzles with the play coins. Street Passing is almost impossible for some of us outside of store units which are almost always not updated or have any customization done to them.

Berordn

Yeah, but are you still considered an Ambassador and will be able to download the upcoming GBA games?

You know what? At this point, I'm just gonna take the plunge and see how it works. I can't put this Zelda 3DS to waste after all...

Systems that are transferred at Nintendo repair apparently still keep it, so I would think there's a hidden license that flags your system as ambassador, presumably the reason why you had to log onto the eShop to be eligible. I would think the 3DS transfer would carry it over if that's the case, but I'm really just guessing at that point.

Teknoman

Camara?
Gamera!

tumblr_lv2ovlHvJU1qzn0kbo1_500.jpg

ToD_

It's merely MJPG with two video streams. Should be quite easy to convert videos to this format.

Hopefully this conversion will be doable with a higher frame rate.

watershed

Banned
Systems that are transferred at Nintendo repair apparently still keep it, so I would think there's a hidden license that flags your system as ambassador, presumably the reason why you had to log onto the eShop to be eligible. I would think the 3DS transfer would carry it over if that's the case, but I'm really just guessing at that point.

Isn't your status as an ambassador verified by whether you have that ambassador video or not? So as long as that transfers over you should be okay?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

No no no no no, MJPG is a horrid horrid format. You should be converting videos from that... But, Nintendo. =/

Berordn

So how many times do you have to go through Find Mii 1 to get all the hats, anyway? I think I really want to jump in on the second based on all these spoilers, but I'm still on the final boss in the first one.

So how many times do you have to go through Find Mii 1 to get all the hats, anyway? I think I really want to jump in on the second based on all these spoilers, but I'm still on the final boss in the first one.
IIRC, I got all mines in 2 playthroughs.

BowieZ

Banned
CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

You've got to beat it twice.

There's no telling how many times we'll have to clear Find Mii II to get all the new hats.

Jetku

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!

I was actually shocked that I didn't get MORE congratulations...

There must be a ton of stuff required..

I have 60+ street passes and 130 mii's in the plaza..

Javier

Now here's something cool. When you add a friend in the Friend List, you no longer have to scroll all the way to the left to add another one, instead you can do it right away.

DarkWish

Woah... there are 57 new hats. Yes, you read that right. FIFTY SEVEN NEW HATS! There were only 16 before, making the total 73 hats. That's amazing! And new puzzles are 40 pieces instead of 15. This is going to take forever to finish, which is great!

BooJoh

Just going through the list with all the ????'s, there's a ton of new hats, and on the map it looked like one area had a three-way branch in the path, so it looks like at least 3 playthroughs of Find Mii II to get everything.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Woah... there are 57 new hats. Yes, you read that right. FIFTY SEVEN NEW HATS! There were only 16 before, making the total 73 hats. That's amazing! And new puzzles are 40 pieces instead of 15. This is going to take forever to finish, which is great!

40?! Which puzzle did you get? I got the OoT3D one, and it's only 24 pieces.

Javier

40?! Which puzzle did you get? I got the OoT3D one, and it's only 24 pieces.
I got the DKCR one, and it's also 24 pieces. But 4 of those pieces can only be gotten through StreetPass, so you can't slack off with coins anymore.

What other puzzles are there?

GaussTek

So, updated. Tried converting a video using a program called SUPER (I've used it for a while, looks somewhat intrusive, but so far it's pretty safe and works fine).

And guess what? It works!!, tested with a short video (the MK7 commercial I downloaded from YT).

I selected AVI as the output container, M-JPG as the codec and ADPCM IMA as the Audio codec. Used FFmpeg as the converter. Changed resolution to 480x240, FPS 20, Audio to 11025, 1 Channel and I left the rest as default. Dunno if it works with other settings, as I just tried it very quickly.

I renamed the video to HNI_0037.AVI (or something like that, depends on how many thing you have there) and transfered it to the SD Card. And the video is there and works fine with audio.

I'm pretty sure someone else will further test it.

I got Mario Kart 7 and Star Fox 64 3D puzzles. I wonder if I use my spare 3DS and switch the state and restart the StreetPass Mii Plaza I can start the rest of the puzzles quickly.

Boney

Banned
What's everyone's new puzzle? Mine's Rhythm Heaven Fever.

So jelous, got Mario 3D Land here.

And it's 40 pieces with 8 of them being purple, the ones in the center

Oh hey, has the puzzle swap background always change the seasons? Just noticed the winter motff

waicol

Banned
So, updated. Tried converting a video using a program called SUPER (I've used it for a while, looks somewhat intrusive, but so far it's pretty safe and works fine).

And guess what? It works!!, tested with a short video (the MK7 commercial I downloaded from YT).

I selected AVI as the output container, M-JPG as the codec and ADPCM IMA as the Audio codec. Used FFmpeg as the converter. Changed resolution to 480x240, FPS 20, Audio to 11025, 1 Channel and I left the rest as default. Dunno if it works with other settings, as I just tried it very quickly.

I renamed the video to HNI_0037.AVI (or something like that, depends on how many thing you have there). And the video is there and works fine with audio.

I'm pretty sure someone else will further test it.

Nice, the program i use wasn't giving me results (any video converter). Gonna try that one, is it freeware?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom