• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistle

What is Find Mii? Or, is it just Streetpast Quest but named differently in America?

Anyway, I completed it awhile ago. I just updated and opened it and it asked if I wanted to rewatch the ending or start over. I selected start over and it says I can "go collect all the original hats again!", which sounds pointless ._. I thought there would be new hats? EDIT: PLayed through first room... seems like they are new hats. Odd wording, lol.
Also, I don't seem to have Streetpast Quest 2. How do I access that?

So does the system transfer move the ambassador status too? Still have a Zelda 3DS in the box, want to transfer everything from my launch unit so I can sell it.

GaussTek

Nice, the program i use wasn't giving me results (any video converter). Gonna try that one, is it freeware?.

Yep it is, go here (yeah, I know, the site looks somewhat suspicious, but like I said, the program itself works fine). Scroll down to the page's bottom and click the link (actually, seems you have to do it three times, and then you'll see a page with the download link, lol, weird site).

And, I'm pretty sure there must be some other options available, and surely someone will make a dedicated converter just for this (sorta like the DPG converter included with moonshell for DS).

Edit.

Found a better download link:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/SUPER.shtml

Javier

What is Find Mii? Or, is it just Streetpast Quest but named differently in America?

Anyway, I completed it awhile ago. I just updated and opened it and it asked if I wanted to rewatch the ending or start over. I selected start over and it says I can "go collect all the original hats again!", which sounds pointless ._. I thought there would be new hats?
Did you do the update? You need to complete Find Mii/StreetPass Quest twice to unlock Find Mii 2, but if you did the system update you should still see the new features in the Plaza (Achievements, Sound Test, etc.)

Mistle

Did you do the update? You need to complete Find Mii/StreetPass Quest twice to unlock Find Mii 2, but if you did the system update you should still see the new features in the Plaza (Achievements, Sound Test, etc.)
Yeah I've got all that. But I didn't know I had to finish it twice, thanks!

So what's this coin trick people are talking about? Can I rewind the clock after using coins to get them again, or after I've reached the cap, can I move time forward to collect more?

Last thing: They advertise Mii Plaza invites as a new feature. But they were already there? MK7 had my Plaza filling up. Unless, perhaps now I can actually use these people in the quest/puzzle?

MooMoo

Already wearing
Yoshi
hat. Next!!
Just got that hat! Torn between wearing that and the Metroid hat lol. I would have played further but I got cockblocked by a yellow shield and I want to pace out Find Mii 2. They should really have a potion that removes shields, seeing as how they have one that removes status effects or boost character levels.

Anyway, I completed it awhile ago. I just updated and opened it and it asked if I wanted to rewatch the ending or start over. I selected start over and it says I can "go collect all the original hats again!", which sounds pointless ._. I thought there would be new hats? EDIT: PLayed through first room... seems like they are new hats. Odd wording, lol.
Do you see your StreetPass plaza menu like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1EGPXlL45I

The Target by me has been advertising a 3DS hotspot forever, but I only got Nintendo Zone (the app and any information for it) at a Best Buy. It was a few months out of date, though.
I'll check gamestop on Friday. Most likely just a MK7 demo that I don't need.

Can anyone happen to confirm that with this update, you can transfer AMBASSADOR games from an older launch 3DS to a newer system?

I'm considering buying a Zelda LE 3DS this week, but want to be certain I can transfer my Ambassador games. Furthermore, how will I be able to download the future GBA games on the newer system?

Thank you!

This is my exact situation as well. I have the LE sitting here in it's box, just need to know this info.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm puzzled as to why everyone is convinced you CAN'T transfer Ambassador status.

If the games transfer, the status should as well -- if not, call NOA and yap at them until they switch it. They aren't going to refuse to grant you the rest of the games after granting the first batch.

Apparently you can transfer the games over. But we don't know if you can transfer ambassador status over.

I see, thanks. I wonder if the video "certificate" transfers over too? Those GBA games are still slated for this month- guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for them to pop up Thursday.

Just downloaded the update! The 3D video is kinda cool, but the lame camera makes it not really worth using
I see, thanks. I wonder if the video "certificate" transfers over too? Those GBA games are still slated for this month- guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for them to pop up Thursday.
That would be sweet if they're released on Thursday

Erethian

Whether the ambassador stuff transfers over would depend on how they do it, I guess.

Like whether they assign the eShop account to the new system, or generate a new eShop account on the system you're transferring to and assign your games to that. I'd assume it's the former, but we'll have to wait for someone on the internet to be the guinea pig.

Whether the ambassador stuff transfers over would depend on how they do it, I guess.

Like whether they assign the eShop account to the new system, or generate a new eShop account on the system you're transferring to and assign your games to that. I'd assume it's the former, but we'll have to wait for someone on the internet to be the guinea pig.

Just sent an email to NOA's customer service, let's see what they say. Hopefully the status is retained on the new system.

SO I HAVE DONE THE SYSTEM TRANSFER AND CAN CONFIRM THAT IT IS AN EXACT TRANSFER FROM YOUR OLD 3DS TO YOUR NEW ONE!

All of my saved data, 3DS games, 3D trailers, virtual console games, NES games, and settings are there, including all the Mii Plaza stuff. It's all unchaged. Most importantly, the little Ambassador Program video icon is still there which I assume means those of us who transfer will still get the GBA games when that starts rolling out.

It even has my icons on the main menu in the size and order I originally had them on.

It seems like it does like when you do a Time Machine backup for a Mac where it restores all your settings, only your old 3DS get wiped in the process instead. Otherwise, it seems identical so far.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ummm....I dont see one?

Pn4qK.jpg

Maybe if you haven't streetpassed anyone, it won't show up.

SO I HAVE DONE THE SYSTEM TRANSFER AND CAN CONFIRM THAT IT IS AN EXACT TRANSFER FROM YOUR OLD 3DS TO YOUR NEW ONE!

All of my saved data, 3DS games, 3D trailers, virtual console games, NES games, and settings are there, including all the Mii Plaza stuff. It's all unchaged. Most importantly, the little Ambassador Program video icon is still there which I assume means those of us who transfer will still get the GBA games when that starts rolling out.

It even has my icons on the main menu in the size and order I originally had them on.

It seems like it does like when you do a Time Machine backup for a Mac where it restores all your settings, only your old 3DS get wiped in the process instead. Otherwise, it seems identical so far.

Excellent, thanks!

Edit: Did your friend code and friend list stay?

Yeah, my friend list is still there and I even see a friend online which means my friend code shouldn't have changed either (I haven't exactly memorized it but I'd assume if you can see your list and someone online, your code should be the same).

Emitan

Awesome! I might rebuy another system for a bundle (Please make a Smash Bros 3DS...) so it's great to know everything carries over!

Yeah, my friend list is still there and I even see a friend online which means my friend code shouldn't have changed either (I haven't exactly memorized it but I'd assume if you can see your list and someone online, your code should be the same).
Great!

Edit: ^^
That's odd. I don't know what to tell you.

Erethian

Wonder what happens when you take your system to the Ambassador registration confirmation page.

GameE

Can someone like make a list of the little stuff included in the update that wasnt talked about (like stuff that wasnt in the Nintendo Power update thread)

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
About the StreetPass Map:

At first, it wasn't showing up for me. And I already had ~250 people in my plaza. A good amount were actual StreetPasses, and the rest were from Mario Kart 7. But still, no map.

After doing some online races in MK7, I went back to the Mii Plaza. Lo and behold, the map showed up. Oddly enough, it only showed the regions of the people I just raced. I'm guessing it doesn't have a way to check through the previous Miis, so it only checks ones you've met after the update.

Either that, or it just picked a weird time to start showing up. I'll see how the map updates after more MK7 races.

Really? Thats awsome!

Just 1 more question does the activity log playtime transfer over? I assume say since everything else does, also do saves (including dsiware since they didnt with dsi-3ds) transfer over?

Anywayz: been checking out the pdate and its really cool. The 3D effect in video recording is either to strong or its just right but objects close to the camera get bluured. (yes I adjusted the 3d slider in the video camera mode.)

Guess I'll use playcoins for Find Mii II since I will never streetpass anyone :/ This also means I'll never get any puzzles! :/ :/ :(

Also a shame I can only record 1 minute of video. I had 1500 blocks left on my sd card then it went to 400 after a minute of footage! yikes! Guess I need to get a 32gb soon lol.

But it seems like you can direcly upload the video to youtube after copying it to a computer and the 3d will work. Thats very very cool. Gonna make some videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom