• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Dragon's Dogma Releasing March 27th In North America, May 1st In Europe

Skilletor

I secretly want to play this game...on my PC. I might still pick it up on PS3 several months down the road if a port never surfaces though. The create-a-player options look too good to pass up.

Yeah, I'd definitely bite for a PC version. MT Framework games look awesome.

MauroNL

Dragon's Dogma

US vs PAL

PAL
812ND0WpurL._AA1500_.jpg

US
61YgRIaGUGL.jpg

Why Capcom?!

Couldn't find one for Asian version

Riposte

Looking forward to it. Releasing on PC might be a good idea to capture some dudes high on Skyrim.

Might get the US ver. This is the closest I'd get to play MonHun on a PS3 right?

That would be Demon's/Dark Souls, while wielding a giant weapon.

Oh fuck off Capcom, wtf.

I've been hanging out for this game since it's announcement and I have to wait a month for it to release here? Ridiculous.

Edit: Wow that PAL artwork is great! Poor US, lol.

Seems weird. But I'll be buying the HK 360 version or US PS3 version so doesn't really affect me. Then again, given how packed Q1 is, I may just hold off for the UK release.

Dragon's Bomba shall be straight to Gamefly for me. Character creator alone makes it worth a rental :p

At least the <15 page GAF thread will have tons of impressions by May, right?

DR2K

Banned
The is going to be the biggest bomb since Final Fantasy the spirits within. I can't believe how much was put into this game, lol.

Amir0x

Banned
i'm so confused about this game. My heart says "I like these types of games", but my MIND is saying "dude, have you seen the videos? This is Capcom doing it and lately they've been all sorts of nuts-o. Don't buy into it man!"

I'm so confused right now.

Xater

Releasing it late rin Europe and in a time frame that is probably filled with other big releases. Well I guess I am not the only one who will find it easy to ignore this title.

ezekial45

Banned
I actually prefer the US cover. The Pal one makes it look like a random D&D game or something. At least the US one has some hint of personality.

Beth Cyra

Might rent but still the last I saw it, the combat looked like straight trash.

More interested to see how Capcom responds to what will likely be the largest Bomb int he company's history.

Skilletor

Might rent but still the last I saw it, the combat looked like straight trash.

More interested to see how Capcom responds to what will likely be the largest Bomb int he company's history.

It's like they know it's going to bomb, too. It's very confusing.

Beth Cyra

It's like they know it's going to bomb, too. It's very confusing.

It not like, they do. Just look at their projected sales. They know damn well that there is zero chance that this thing makes it's money back and are clearly already bracing for the loss.

At best like others have speculated this will be worth it in the end when you combine the creation of the new engine and the starting of hopefully a new IP to build on.

Frankly I don't buy either of those excuses given how amazing MT Framework still stacks up with most of the other company's engines that are avalible as well as the fact I don't believe that Dragon's Dogma will become a real franchise in it's current form.

i'm so confused about this game. My heart says "I like these types of games", but my MIND is saying "dude, have you seen the videos? This is Capcom doing it and lately they've been all sorts of nuts-o. Don't buy into it man!"

Maybe these articles will help you make a decision.

Or maybe these:

dragons_dogma-9t0jp.jpg

dragons_dogma-10l3e6.jpg

I'm pretty much in the same boat here honestly. It's like chocolate covered grasshoppers, the curiosity is overwhelming but I know I'm going to regret it from the first bite.

Ra1den

All the gameplay I have seen of this looks excellent. Other than the horrendously bland WRPG art syle, I know this is going to be good.

Yuterald

I really like the looks of all the cheese ball Capcom style cut scenes. It reminds me of the PS2 era Capcom that I adore so much. I also really like the fact that it's all single player too. The allies you can recruit that do different things (Pawns, was it?) sounds like a neat sub system too, almost Suikoden-like, maybe? Maybe the game will have a cool base/stronghold where all of your Pawns hang out? Who knows.

But yeah, I'm in the same boat as most here. I want to like this game, but it looks like its got that western RPG jank going on. I hope this (and Asura's Wrath) turn out to be pretty cool because Capcom has really lost me recently.

linko9

I really like the look of this game for the most part... but I really don't like the fact that you've got party members, especially since they look dumb as shit in the gameplay I've seen. I hope there's a way to go through the game solo if you don't have real humans to help you out.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i doubt they'll lose much sleep over Dragon Dogma given it's just a first test of the new Monster Hunter running under for MT Framework.

(in my wildest hopes)

I'm sort of the same. On one hand I theoretically love these types of games. Lots of exploration, possible secrets, good bosses. But for some reason I can't summon any real hype for it. Maybe the videos aren't rubbing my sweet spot or maybe because it's Capcom. I don't know.

Anteater

Looking forward to see its release, the first videos were really rough, but I liked the look and the concept of it, no coop is pretty lame though unless the all the teammate AIs are really competent. If it's good I'd get it.

Really reminds me of that D&D arcade sidescroller game, but with no multiplayer..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think the game looks very good. I just wish it were coming to the PC. I'll probably get the North American version on the 360 assuming it's region free.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Like everyone else I'm on the fence

Got interested when I heard Itsuno was the director, but like others I'm not a fan of the art direction

Concept sounds really cool though. Open world RPG where you can climb on giant monsters

Top Bottom