• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2011 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Someone found this in the Vita Launch thread

Sales report postings on japanese sites [azalyn.blog22/ameblo.jp]

- Select stores report sellouts of Vita WiFi models.

- Estimated sellthroughs; Vita WiFi 85%, Vita 3G/WiFi 56%

- Top selling launch software Mogol6, Uncharted, Dynasty Vita. Ridgeracer "uncharacteristically" slow

- Memorycard stock low; 32G and 16G soldout, over 90% Vita buyer also bought memory cards

- software-Vita tie ratio 1:1

The link, however, doesn't work...and there are different things said in the azalyn normal blog (since he talks about his own store, obviously :p ).

So much waiting for the get6-2 report which should also discuss about these possible impressions.

haadim

Someone found this in the Vita Launch thread

The link, however, doesn't work...and there are different things said in the azalyn normal blog (since he talks about his own store, obviously :p ).

So much waiting for the get6-2 report which should also discuss about these possible impressions.

full links (all in japanese)

http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/blog-entry-1426.html

http://ameblo.jp/omisedayori/entry-11109944534.html

http://ameblo.jp/hormonez/entry-11109809550.html

http://ameblo.jp/yosipooh/entry-11109986340.html

http://ameblo.jp/tadapon/entry-11110179699.html

http://ameblo.jp/oosakaking/entry-11109420557.html

http://ameblo.jp/chogameya/entry-11109646282.html

Mpl90

Ah, thanks. Reading everything...through Google Translator. It sucks I don't know japanese. :(

So many different games being "popular" at the various retailers: in one of these, it seems Lord of Apocalypse was the most requested lol

Maybe, we have just to wait Comgnet Weekly Ranking for now: that should give us a clearer picture of the whole situation.

Kenka

Estimated sellthroughs; Vita WiFi 85%, Vita 3G/WiFi 56%

:eek: I don't know the split but that means that we could very well have a 500k+ launch for the Vita ? That's an oustanding number if true :eek:

Mpl90

Looks like a healthy launch, but IIRC the 3G model had a pretty high share of the expected split.

One of the first news coming with the opening of preorders was that there was a 2:1 ratio in favour of the 3G model in availability

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
:eek: I don't know the split but that means that we could very well have a 500k+ launch for the Vita ? That's an oustanding number if true :eek:
Yes, it also would need those kind of sales to outsell the 3DS this week. Cant wait for the numbers reveal - though i expect pretty weak software sales.

cw_sasuke

Kirby is selling better than Vita on amazon.jp, so we should expect <100k in the first week.

But there are two Vita versions - so +180-200K could still be possible, even if its unlikely.

TOTAL BOMBA confirmed.

gkryhewy

One of the first news coming with the opening of preorders was that there was a 2:1 ratio in favour of the 3G model in availability

If you apply that split to the rumored 700k launch and reported sell-through (rumor combined with rumor combined with rumor), you get a 460k launch.

Mpl90

If you apply that split to the rumored 700k launch and reported sell-through (rumor combined with rumor combined with rumor), you get a 460k launch.

Too many rumors combined. Damn. We need concrete numbers. 10 hours and 15 minutes to Comgnet Weekly Sales Ranking for something MUCH nearer to concrete number. At least, for software.

gkryhewy

56% of Japanese bought 3G model. 56% is nobody.

You need to check your math. 56% sell-through for the 3G model, not 56% purchase share. Though it probably ends up being about that if all the numbers we have are ballpark-correct.

Anyway, the 3G is pointless IMO, especially with a substandard web browser.

gkryhewy

The benefit is to have internet access without having to relying on WiFi. 3G is "everywhere", WiFi isnt.
Thank you, detective.

But what's the point of internet access if it can't be used to play multiplayer and can't be used to DL games? And the web browser stinks?

gogogow

< means "less than". > means "more than".

The benefit is to have internet access without having to relying on WiFi. 3G is "everywhere", WiFi isnt.

3G is kinda useless if some games cuts off network connectivity. Tethering ftw. No need to buy 3G cards and/or a second subscription.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thank you, detective.

But what's the point of internet access if it can't be used to play multiplayer and can't be used to DL games? And the web browser stinks?
No problem :)

From what i've read of impressions, the browser is actually quite good. There is also Twitter and stuff like that. And maybe some simpler games will allow online play over 3G. Maybe not everyone see the benefit with this of course, but i'm sure that someone does.

3G is kinda useless if some games cuts off network connectivity. Tethering ftw. No need to buy 3G cards and/or a second subscription.
There are other things 3G can be used for. But that is up to each person to decide, if they see the need for it or not. Tethering probably works yeah. Have anyone tried it on the Vita by the way? And compared it to the direct 3G?

Rhod

So what does this mean really?

Ani or Raichu, spell it out to me in simple terms.

I'll give it a go:

From what Test Account is saying, it sounds like '<' is a mathematical symbol which isn't *only* used as the symbol for wizard.

Sounds like, if i have 'x' beans, and I know that 'x' is '<' 12, then I know that I have 11 or fewer beans.

I think beans make it clearer still.

'<' also looks somewhat like a chicken's face. And is very useful in that ascii kirby <(- -<) or whatever.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Thank you, detective.

Being connected to the internet at all times - Notifications of what your friends are playing, invites to join games, messages / party chat, downloading content from the PSN store.

In other words, pretty much everything you'd actually want to do online with a handheld, especially in Japan. No one would be playing online multiplayer even if you could.

gkryhewy

Being connected to the internet at all times - Notifications of what your friends are playing, invites to join games, messages / party chat, downloading content from the PSN store.

In other words, pretty much everything you'd actually want to do online with a handheld, especially in Japan. No one would be playing online multiplayer even if you could.

But you can't DL games from the PSN store, and it might be difficult to accept those game invites if online MP isn't possible over 3G and you say no one wants to play online in Japan anyway.

Are friend notifications and PSN messaging worth 30 USD per month for some people? Seriously? Okay.

I thought so.

Interesting times.
I'll give it a go:

From what Test Account is saying, it sounds like '<' is a mathematical symbol which isn't *only* used as the symbol for wizard.

Sounds like, if i have 'x' beans, and I know that 'x' is '<' 12, then I know that I have 11 or fewer beans.

I think beans make it clearer still.

'<' also looks somewhat like a chicken's face. And is very useful in that ascii kirby <(- -<) or whatever.

All that did was make my nose bleed.

Mpl90

This thread is becoming < interesting now. So, let's + a bit of discussion.

Seeing low games on Amazon for Vita (I know, I know :p ), I've started wondering something.

Could be possible that, despite what we normally see when datas for games sales on download services (so,rarely), Vita's games could see a good amount of sales coming from downloads, especially due to the various discounts?

cw_sasuke

This thread is becoming < interesting now. So, let's + a bit of discussion.

Seeing low games on Amazon for Vita (I know, I know :p ), I've started wondering something.

Could be possible that, despite what we normally see when datas for games sales on download services (so,rarely), Vita's games could see a good amount of sales coming from downloads, especially due to the various discounts?

Most lauch week sales will happen at retail, where most people also will get their software titles. I think thats all there is too it. With the Vita userbase being low, its not surprising that popular software for more widespread consoles are charting higher.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Hardware sellthrough only at azalyn's store except that is pointless (we talk for the huge amount of 29 systems) it's not even mentioned. Where did these percentages come from?

Oh wait, tadapon gives this report. That's the correct then:

Sales report postings on japanese sites [azalyn.blog22/ameblo.jp]
Sales report posting on japanese site [ameblo.jp/tadapon]

- Estimated sellthroughs; Vita WiFi 85%, Vita 3G/WiFi 56%

Mpl90

Hardware sellthrough only at azalyn's store except that is pointless (we talk for the huge amount of 29 systems) it's not even mentioned. Where did these percentages come from?

Oh wait, tadapon gives this report. That's the correct then:

Chris, how much is tadapon reliable? Normally, we use reports from azalyn for shipments forecast, Sinobi for shipments and real sales, when it happens, and then get6-2 for really spot on impressions. tadapon is a good one?

EDIT: Is tadapon talking about sales just on its store/stores, or is he going with estimates for the whole situation? I don't know, Google Translator doesn't help at all.
Reading other posts, it seems he's talking about his store / store chains, for the precision of the percentages.

Mpl90

Roughly 325k if we consider a shipment of 500.000.

...But however I think the blog was talking about its own sell-through, not the global one. At least, this is what I assume seeing that he gave percentages also for FF and IE...

Top Bottom