• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2011 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's just that Level 5 + Nintendo hardware = good profit, and Level 5 + Nintendo hardware + Holiday = very good profit.

...But LBX Boost isn't doing bad absolutely.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Isnt there an IE Go theater release next week ? So sales should will benefit from it too.

extralite

Get6-2 has shared his impressions on yesterday
Looking at it with Google Translator, I can only understand that FFXIII-2 is considered bad and unexpected, while Inazuma Eleven Go sold more than the expected (with growth in weekend that will follow according to him) on the first day, and the shipment shouldn't be so low with Holidays incoming?

Since this is coming from Google Translator, I'm asking to you to translate, Japan GAF!

FFXIII-2

昨日発売の「PS3&360:FF13-2」は、
個人的には期待していなかった分悪くないスタートという印象。

しかし世間的にはメーカー提示数をそのまま発注していた問屋が、
発売前から掛安案内をしている事から不調という事なのかも。

スクエニのタイトルはコンビニ枠や量販シェアが高く、
販売数予測はとても難しいためパス。

当然の事ではありますが「13」超えはないでしょう。

Translation:
Maybe it's because I didn't expect much from it personally, but my impression is that FF13-2 which launched on PS3/360 yesterday didn't do too badly.

But stores who simply ordered the numbers advised by Squenix have started to discount the game from before its release so that could mean it's not well received by people.

Squenix titles tend to get most of their sales from convenience stores and big outlets so it's very hard to judge its sales outlook.

It's safe to say that it won't do more than 13 though.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Translation:
Maybe it's because I didn't expect much from it personally, but my impression is that FF13-2 which launched on PS3/360 yesterday didn't do too badly.

But stores who simply ordered the numbers advised by Squenix have started to discount the game from before its release so that could mean it's not well received by people.

Squenix titles tend to get most of their sales from convenience stores and big outlets so it's very hard to judge its sales outlook.

So maybe it's not doing bad at all. Fingers crossed!

Mpl90

Translation:

And what does it say about IE? What cvx has already reported, right?

extralite

And what does it say about IE? What cvx has already reported, right?

Inazuma Eleven Go

Sorry, didn't care enough about Inazuma to translate it at first. But since you asked:

Quote:
2番手には発売前にバタバタしていた「3DS:イナズマイレブンGO」。

週末以降からの伸びに期待したいタイトルでしたが、
発売初日から予想以上に売れているようです。

ただ、出荷数がそこそこなので、
品薄感は今のところありません。

人気コンテンツですしクリスマス~正月まで品揃えしたいタイトルです。

その他のタイトルは忙しくて細かくみれませんでした。

My second arm has been flailing* for this from since before its release: 3DS Inazuma Eleven GO.

I was expecting it to increase sales on the week end but it seems to sell beyond expectations from day one.

But since shipment numbers are meeting demand it doesn't feel like it'll be going out of stock.

It's popular of course and stores will want to be stocked up with this title through christmas and new year.

I was too busy to look at other titles closely.

*This must be an ideom I'm missing the exact meaning of but it does paint a picture, I guess he was excited.

Mpl90

Inazuma Eleven Go

Sorry, didn't care enough about Inazuma to translate it at first. But since you asked:

Quote:
2番手には発売前にバタバタしていた「3DS:イナズマイレブンGO」。

週末以降からの伸びに期待したいタイトルでしたが、
発売初日から予想以上に売れているようです。

ただ、出荷数がそこそこなので、
品薄感は今のところありません。

人気コンテンツですしクリスマス~正月まで品揃えしたいタイトルです。

その他のタイトルは忙しくて細かくみれませんでした。

My second arm has been flailing* for this from since before its release: 3DS Inazuma Eleven GO.

I was expecting it to increase sales on the week end but it seems to sell beyond expectations from day one.

But since shipment numbers are meeting demand it doesn't feel like it'll be going out of stock.

It's popular of course and stores will want to be stocked up with this title through christmas and new year.

I was too busy to look at other titles closely.

*This must be an ideom I'm missing the exact meaning of but it does paint a picture, I guess he was excited.

Thank you very much! :D

Alrus

Good to see IE:Go is doing well, people expected Mario Kart and Mario Land to cannibalize its sale really badly. Still, I wonder how much it'll do compared to previous entries... It will be hard to judge in the coming weeks as IE games have pretty good legs.

I still think IE:Strikers Extreme 2012 (haha what a ridiculous name) will bomb though.

Man this thread have some ridiculously low Vita prediction numbers, I lol@you people and your lack of faith!

In my case it wasn't a lack of faith, but I didn't think Sony would be able to ship that much unit for its first week. I always thought the Vita would do well at launch. (I'm much less confident on its performance after the holidays though...)

Does anyone have 3rd party numbers VS 1st party numbers for all the systems in this generation by the way?
You can do that with the Garaph game search tool by fiddling with the Publisher options, but I've already set up a bunch of common searches like that at the bottom half of this page under the Software Super Groups heading. These super groups can then be used with the software line tool to make visual comparisons like
third+party

third+party

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
21./29. [WII] Mario Kart Wii <RCE> (Nintendo) {2008.04.10} (¥5.800)
22./18. [PSP] Little Battlers eXperience: Boost <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.11.23} (¥4.980)
23./32. [WII] Rhythm Heaven: Fever <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.07.21} (¥5.800)
24./33. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends <ETC> (Nintendo) {2011.02.26} (¥4.800)
25./08. [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 14 <SLG> (Konami) {2011.12.01} (¥5.250)
26./35. [NDS] Tamagotchi Collection <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.10} (¥5.040)
27./11. [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥6.280)
28./00. [PS3] Need for Speed: The Run <RCE> (Electronic Arts) {2011.12.08} (¥7.665)
29./40. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.12.03} (¥5.800)
30./31. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2011.11.03} (¥4.980)
31./00. [PSP] Hanayaka Kana, Ware ga Ichizoku: Kinema Mosaic # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2011.12.08} (¥6.090)
32./15. [PSP] 7th Dragon 2020 # <RPG> (Sega) {2011.11.23} (¥6.279)
33./46. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.08.04} (¥3.800)
34./26. [PSP] Final Fantasy Type-0 <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.10.27} (¥7.770)
35./21. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Subtitled Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2011.11.17} (¥7.980)
36./39. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
37./38. [WII] Go Vacation <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} (¥5.800)
38./04. [PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2011.12.01} (¥7.770)
39./43. [WII] Family Fishing # <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.08.04} (¥5.040)
40./22. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition # <ADV> (Konami) {2011.11.23} (¥5.480)
41./00. [3DS] Pokemon Rumble Blast <ACT> (Pokemon Co.) {2011.08.11} (¥4.800)
42./47. [NDS] Pokemon Black / White <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2010.09.18} (¥4.800)
43./23. [PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend <ACT> (Sega) {2011.11.10} (¥5.299)
44./27. [PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch # <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.11.17} (¥8.800)
45./00. [NDS] Usavich: Game no Jikan # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.08} (¥2.940)
46./00. [360] Kinect: Disneyland Adventures <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2011.12.08} (¥5.880)
47./09. [PSP] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥6.280)
48./45. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D <ADV> (Nintendo) {2011.06.16} (¥4.800)
49./00. [WII] Michael Jackson: The Experience # <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2011.12.08} (¥6.279)
50./00. [NDS] Mario Kart DS <RCE> (Nintendo) {2005.12.08} (¥4.800)

Top 50

WII - 16
NDS - 9
PSP - 9
PS3 - 8
3DS - 6
360 - 2

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |  2.018.000 |  1.723.000 |  2.223.541 | 46.020.000 | 57.273.166 |

Rhod

2&#30058;&#25163;

means second place

&#12395;&#12399;&#30330;&#22770;&#21069;&#12395;&#12496;&#12479;&#12496;&#12479;&#12375;&#12390;&#12356;&#12383;&#12300;3DS&#65306;&#12452;&#12490;&#12474;&#12510;&#12452;&#12524;&#12502;&#12531;GO&#12301;&#12290;

So something like 'in second place, causing a commotion since before launch, 3DS inazuma eleven go'. Though the way I've phrased it makes it sound like a commentator talking about a race in excited terms.

Orgen

I don't know if it's a coincidence but since Zelda: SS came out the legs of Zelda: OoT 3D have been killed.

It was almost at 500k and now I doubt it can reach 600k.

So something like 'in second place, causing a commotion since before launch, 3DS inazuma eleven go'. Though the way I've phrased it makes it sound like a commentator talking about a race in excited terms.

I think I prefer his "second arm flailing" :)

I don't know if it's a coincidence but since Zelda: SS came out the legs of Zelda: OoT 3D have been killed.

It was almost at 500k and now I doubt it can reach 600k.

It's xmas and sales overall are going up and although its dropped in position we have no idea what its sales numbers are

I think it's more like this: until Mario 3D land and Mario kart 7 were out of the gates there weren't many great games to buy, so after the price-cut people who purchased the system thought OoT - although being a port - was the best option available at the moment to have a taste of 3DS's potential, but now things have changed and there is some new stuff to pick instead.

Orgen

It's xmas and sales overall are going up and although its dropped in position we have no idea what its sales numbers are

It's been surpassed by other titles like Rumble Blast and it's not benefiting from Christmas sales and the new 3DS user base either. I doubt it's making more than 4000 sales from that position and we'll see if it remains in the top50 when the Christmas period is over.

I think it's more like this: until Mario 3D land and Mario kart 7 were out of the gates there weren't many great games to buy, so after the price-cut people who purchased the system thought OoT - although being a port - was the best option available at the moment to have a taste of 3DS's potential, but now things have changed and there is some new stuff to pick instead.

I know Zelda can't do Mario numbers, it's a remake and it's been selling for a long time... etc. But it's losing legs and selling 5k/week when the 3DS user base is growing in the hundreds of thousands and we are in Christmas period too is not a good sign for legs. If OoT manages to sell 5k/week when the Christmas period is over then yes, it'll have legs. But as I've said I doubt the game will remain in top50 next year.

Thanks for the numbers JJSlone

I was going to suggest this too, but it's still definitely a drop--the barrier to Top 30 hasn't increased that much.

OOT's later weeks it was going like

7K (SM3DL releases)
(under 4.7K)
(under 7.5K)
(under 6.3K)

Still I think considering how leggy it's been so far, it won't fall completely away and fail to reach 600K. How long it will take, who knows.
Hahaha what is Mario kart DS doing in the Top 50.
It's feeling nostalgic for the 2005 DS explosion.

Hahaha what is Mario kart DS doing in the Top 50.

In my opinion games with extremely long legs such as Mario kart(both Wii and DS versions), Super mario bros 2D(Wii and DS versions as well), Wii sports, Wii fit and so on are supposed to benefit of some huge boosts this time of the year around, maybe because they're suitable for long multiplayer sessions with parents and relatives during holidays or because Mario games are perhaps supposed to be suitable Christmas presents for children, no surprise that Mario kart Wii and NSMB Wii are up again on the PAL charts as well these days.

BurntPork

Banned
Man this thread have some ridiculously low Vita prediction numbers, I lol@you people and your lack of faith!

We thought that Sony had a reason for only launching in Japan this holiday, is all. :/

" Fans of that game is already lined up? Not that Famitsu. Report the state of a group of reporters in Tokyo stores com. The interview was conducted, 2:30 to 3:00 am. It was pretty hard time even become cold ...."

???

Google Translate FTW!

We need someone to make Google Translate Translate.

extralite

means second place

Now I feel foolish for having missed the &#12395;. Because with the &#12395; it couldn't possibly have been translated the way I did. Anyway, thanks for the correction.

Rock_Man

shares-110420.png

Graph is updated with MK7 release week. 3DS is having its largest software share ever with 34,9 %. Previous record was 34,1 % with the release of SM3DL. Expect >40 % next week.

Mpl90

Mr. Resident Evil is at Vita's launch event.
Can't wait for his impressions, even if there aren't girls from AKB48.

squall23

The kids and fujoshis are once again united in keeping Inazuma Eleven relevant. Even if the fujoshis are doing it for the wrong reasons.

squall23

Fujoshis play Inazuma Eleven? Why?
Currently, Inazuma Eleven is THE franchise for the yaoi fanbase. For some stupid reason, fujoshi decided that the underaged characters of Inazuma Eleven make GREAT yaoi fantasies. It is because of the fujoshi that the new cast consists of a piano playing pansy as a captain and a pink-haired boy that completely looks like a girl.

At this point, the only reason that Endou, the main character of the series is still on the top of popularity polls is because the kids are preventing the fujoshi fan favorites from getting up there. In other words, the fujoshi are the highly vocal minority fanbase of Inazuma Eleven.
What's a fujoshi? Google isn't your friend in these scenarios...
In completely basic terms, fujoshi are female otakus that are into homosexual anime and manga or homosexual pairings that do not exist in canon. Again, this is a VERY basic definition.

Top Bottom