• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2011 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Exactly. As well, the 3DS has shown it's not impossible to turn bad fortune around, no matter how bad things seem.

I'd wait at least two years before calling anything dead, and even then... I'd hesitate unless there were other obvious factors involved.

Did they really? I mean, seem bad? 3DS obviously didn't exactly set the world on fire, but the things that "turned it around" were exactly the things you expect from a Nintendo handheld, and were always going to happen: Mario Kart and a Mario game. Of course there was the price drop, but that too was always going to happen, perhaps it just came a little sooner than anticipated. Monster Hunter was of course a nice touch.

If 3DS had struggled after Mario and Kart were released, then I would agree that things looked bad, but now it's not really a great comeback story, but rather an obvious message to Nintendo: people buy Nintendo handhelds when it has those certain Nintendo titles (and is not batshit expensive).

Laguna

Banned
WOWLOL!

You're so terribly biased it looks like a joke post.
As true as is the fact that Vita is theorically dead for the next year and it will NEED hugely popular new or existing ip to come back (plus a price cut), this is just ridiculous to ignore its differences with the 3ds.

3DS being better for fps with the extension wat ?? Resitive touch screen being better wat ? That's certainly why we had so many awesome fps on nds.... As dead as Vita is right now, you can be sure certain game genres will shine a lot more on it at some point.

It´s like saying that all Xbox1 games were also possible on PS2. Would you argue this isn´t true? Of course graphics won´t be as good but I don´t see anything wrong with saying all core Vita games are also possible on 3DS. The only exceptions would be gimmick heavy games like Little Deviants and so on. But he is obviously talking about the big ones.

And yes 3DS has an advantage over Vita in the FPS genre. The Stylus controls are similar to the mouse-PC controls and much precise and faster than dual-analog controls. The other reason is that with the official add-on it has 2 analog-controls as well + 4 shoulderbuttons, the latter is something Vita doesn´t offer, there is the touchback but seriously it doesn´t substitute 2 additional shoulder buttons good enough.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'm not a fanboy. But I'm waiting for RE Revelation to port to VITA just so I can play the game on better and bigger screen. If the same game can release on both machine, I would see VITA has more Pros than Cons.
If the VITA doesn't sell, then you could wait all your life for ports; maybe there will be a port, but Capcom have a history of NOT porting games from high selling consoles to lower selling consoles; people don't realize that Capcom ports a lot, but generally it is from a similar or lower selling system to a higher selling system and not the opposite. Dead Rising is the biggest example of this, ported to the Wii but not PS3, RE4 was ported from the low selling GCN to the high selling PS2, Street Fighter II (betrayalton lol) was ported from the Snes to the Genesis, both systems selling similarly, etc.

[Nintex]

Sony is kinda between a rock and a hard place software wise.

I don't see Guerilla, Bend, Santa Monica, Evolution or Naughty Dog produce a title that captures the japanese market like Monster Hunter did. I also don't think the western third parties are going to give up their Apple/Facebook/Android/XBLA boner to put projects on Vita.

In Japan Sony doesn't have much first party development going and third parties never managed to develop enough PS3/Xbox 360 games/engines to be competitive with the west and that's what they're gunning for with the Vita. Square Enix, Capcom and all also aren't keen on producing games that are less impressive than the Sony first party counterparts.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
resistive touchscreen is MUCH, MUCH better for games than capacitive
seriously.gif

The whole "Vita will have no games or sales" spiel is not enough?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
seriously.gif

You clearly have never played a single game with a capacitive touchscreen or have no taste.

Personally, I have trouble playing the simplest games because of capacitive technology, even Angry Birds is a chore to play to me, because it is NEVER accurate, I prefer playing that game on a browser.

I can see that with a big screen, like the iPad, this is not a problem, but try playing games like "Slice It" or any game on a capacitive screen that needs any kind of precision, to me it is a frustration moment.

I still haven't seen any game on a capacitive touchscreen that couldn't be done better on a resistive screen, except games that don't need accuracy AT ALL, like Cut the Rope, and even that can get frustrating.

gconsole

If the VITA doesn't sell, then you could wait all your life for ports; maybe there will be a port, but Capcom have a history of NOT porting games from high selling consoles to lower selling consoles; people don't realize that Capcom ports a lot, but generally it is from a similar or lower selling system to a higher selling system and not the opposite. Dead Rising is the biggest example of this, ported to the Wii but not PS3, RE4 was ported from the low selling GCN to the high selling PS2, Street Fighter II (betrayalton lol) was ported from the Snes to the Genesis, both systems selling similarly, etc.

I don't plan to wait for my whole life waiting the game on VITA. I bought GC just for REmake and RE4. So I have nothing against Nintendo console. I play more Nintendo game than Sony. It's just 3DS machine is shit compare to VITA (But mostly I care about is the screen, not spec). It's hilarious when phone has better screen than dedicate handheld gaming machine.

In couple of months , if there is no signal from Capcom then I will buy 3DS. Without Capcom or Square Enix porting their game to VITA, I don't see any reason to buy the machine since there is absolutely nothing on VITA I want to play rightnow.

I'm RE fanboy BTW. I had DS but PSP ;)

[Nintex]

You clearly have never played a single game with a capacitive touchscreen or have no taste.

Personally, I have trouble playing the simplest games because of capacitive technology, even Angry Birds is a chore to play to me, because it is NEVER accurate, I prefer playing that game on a browser.

I can see that with a big screen, like the iPad, this is not a problem, but try playing games like "Slice It" or any game on a capacitive screen that needs any kind of precision, to me it is a frustration moment.

I still haven't seen any game on a capacitive touchscreen that couldn't be done better on a resistive screen, except games that don't need accuracy AT ALL, like Cut the Rope, and even that can get frustrating.
Console shooters all have ridiculous auto-aim so this is no issue at all.

Laguna

Banned
I don't plan to wait for my whole life waiting the game on VITA. I bought GC just for REmake and RE4. So I have nothing against Nintendo console. I play more Nintendo game than Sony. It's just 3DS machine is shit compare to VITA (But mostly I care about is the screen, not spec). It's hilarious when phone has better screen than dedicate handheld gaming machine.

In couple of months , if there is no signal from Capcom then I will buy 3DS. Without Capcom or Square Enix porting their game to VITA, I don't see any reason to buy the machine since there is absolutely nothing on VITA I want to play rightnow.

I'm RE fanboy BTW. I had DS but PSP ;)

Nintendo just took another approach, while Sony went the safe path with a mainstream smartphone screen, they chose a 3D screen. If screen-size is an issue to you, there´ll possibly be a 3DS XL with bigger screens before this game gets ported to Vita.

heringer

Clearly you're not representing a lot of people, so the point is moot.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't see any reason to buy the machine since there is absolutely nothing on VITA I want to play rightnow.

the worst thing is, even if there was a game, right now, there is sooo much to play and so little time... if Vita had, say, Baten Kaitos 3, I'd still wait a year or two from now just because I don't have time to play anything else beyond my backlog...

bad timing from Sony...

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
manueldelalas said:
because it is NEVER accurate
Neither is resistive if you ask me. I recalibrated it at least 20 times playing Layton and it's always off when it comes to precise drawing.
Nor is there any particular need for them to be pixel-precise with the kind of games we're talking about though. Real precision in online shooters is just smoke and mirrors (console ones more so - but anything that isn't 0 latency lies to the players).

Laguna

Banned
Clearly you're not representing a lot of people, so the point is moot.

Don´t know if you actually have played any Ego-Shooters on DS but would you argue controls can be as accurate and fast on Vitas capacity screen? And do you think a game with the needed accuracy like Art Accademy is possible without a touchpen?

orioto

Good Art™
It´s like saying that all Xbox1 games were also possible on PS2. Would you argue this isn´t true? Of course graphics won´t be as good but I don´t see anything wrong with saying all core Vita games are also possible on 3DS. The only exceptions would be gimmick heavy games like Little Deviants and so on. But he is obviously talking about the big ones.

And yes 3DS has an advantage over Vita in the FPS genre. The Stylus controls are similar to the mouse-PC controls and much precise and faster than dual-analog controls. The other reason is that with the official add-on it has 2 analog-controls as well + 4 shoulderbuttons, the latter is something Vita doesn´t offer, there is the touchback but seriously it doesn´t substitute 2 additional shoulder buttons good enough.

I would argue any add on isn't an argument, to begin with.
And i would add also that believing the nds layout being suddenly good for fps is just a plain delusion. It's just not confortable to hold the nds (or 3ds) and play with the stylus in the same while controlling with the pad. There is a reason why there wasn't much fps on nds after the first metroid attempt..

seriously.gif

This has been discussed before. Number of games not possible on resistive >>> not possible on multi-touch. To name some major ones on DS:

Zelda
Elite Beat Agents
Trauma Center
Marios Mini
The World Ends With You
Flipnote
Art Academy
Pircross
Big Bang Mini
Fifa
Metroid Prime

---
conclusion: capacitive is nice for interfacing, but seriously limited functional capabilities in games, much more than it adds to.
The only game with multi-touch that I really enjoyed was King of Opera on iPad, and that was a multiplayer game. So I probably would argue that it was a better choice for WiiU tab, because it seems to be a more general interface and multi person oriented device, but not for 3DS, at all.

And i would add also that believing the nds layout being suddenly good for fps is just a plain delusion. It's just not confortable to hold the nds (or 3ds) and play with the stylus in the same while controlling with the pad. There is a reason why there wasn't much fps on nds after the first metroid attempt..
So, the reason we haven't seen many fps games on Wii is because wiimote sucks for fps control?

Prime Hunters is one of the best fps controls around. Deny it as you much, it was praised for control particularly when it was released.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's hilarious when phone has better screen than dedicate handheld gaming machine.
Glassless 3D more than make up for the screen resolution difference. There are games that make good use of 3D, you'd be surprised how pleasing 3DS games can look.

[Nintex]

This has been discussed before. Number of games not possible on resistive >>> not possible on multi-touch. To name some major ones on DS:

Zelda
Elite Beat Agents
Trauma Center
Marios Mini
The World Ends With You
Flipnote
Art Academy
Pircross
Big Bang Mini
Fifa
Metroid Prime

---
conclusion: capacitive is nice for interfacing, but seriously limited functional capabilities in games, much more than it adds to.
The only game with multi-touch that I really enjoyed was King of Opera on iPad, and that was a multiplayer game. So I probably would argue that it was a better choice for WiiU tab, because it seems to be a more general interface and multi person oriented device, but not for 3DS, at all.

Zelda > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1tv0YkN-pQ
Elite Beat Agents > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkgE0SwXcFI
Fifa > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWDWe8raqU
Metroid Prime > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH1Bkyqxf-4

It's all possible, what are you talking about?

gconsole

Glassless 3D more than make up for the screen resolution difference. There are games that make good use of 3D, you'd be surprised how pleasing 3DS games can look.

Nah, I've played 3DS before. I love my 3D gaming. But 3DS rely too much on constant view point. With its tiny screen, it made my eye strain for long time play (faster than big screen 3D TV). I find myself turn off 3D many time just so I can continue my play ,not only 3DS but also 3D game on PS3 and 360. Bigger screen would help though, but I know the curren 3D screen size is already expensive by itself.

gogogow

[Nintex];33825387 said:

Those are actually painful to watch, well, at least the Gameloft Darksiders ripoff and Nova. Vita has buttons, so all those Nintendo games are possible. The touchscreen doesn't always needs to be used. If there's a Zelda like game on the Vita it just controls like TP/OoT with sticks and touchscreen will be used for menus. EA already showed Fifa, there are already FPS announced for the Vita and Pentavision is working on DJ Max Technika (and Sega probably on a Project Diva, since the 3DS is getting Project Mirai).

Laguna

Banned
I would argue any add on isn't an argument, to begin with.

Like any new control method you have to get used to it first, (I doubt you could even use a computer mouse as intuitive at first), only because you aren´t able to use it, doesn´t mean DSs controls weren´t more precice, accurate and faster than dual-analog controls. There weren´t many Ego.Shooters on DS because it didn´t appeal to the dude-bro crowd, beeing a handheld and the graphics beeing at N64 niveau, that´s the only reason. Or are you suggesting that dual-analog controls are superior to PC-controls as well, since these kind of games sell alot more on consoles nowadays?

What about the extra 2 shoulder buttons and the fact that 2-analog controls are easily available as well on 3DS. Please explain what advantage there is in Vitas control options. It has less functionality even in it´s "but it is the first handheld with built in dual analog controls" setup, due to missing 2 extra shoulder buttons.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I don't even think that the VITA exclusive lineup is better than the Gamegear's one in it's time.

There's at least three Troll master classes going down in this thread right now.

Like any new control method you have to get used to it first, (I doubt you could even use a computer mouse as intuitive at first), only because you aren´t able to use it, doesn´t mean DSs controls weren´t more precice, accurate and faster than dual-analog controls. There weren´t many Ego.Shooters on DS because it didn´t appeal to the dude-bro crowd, beeing a handheld and the graphics beeing at N64 niveau, that´s the only reason. Or are you suggesting that dual-analog controls are superior to PC-controls as well, since these kind of games sell alot more on consoles nowadays?

So now we've moved on , will FPS's appeal to the Nintendo crowd now it's Wii-ish level graphics and dual-analog if you get the extra add on?

What about the extra 2 shoulder buttons and the fact that 2-analog controls are easily available as well on 3DS. Please explain what advantage there is in Vitas control options. It has less functionality even in it´s "but it is the first handheld with built in dual analog controls" setup, due to missing 2 extra shoulder buttons.

Build in/packed in was the rallying cry for the Wii vs Move - the machine doesn't have dual analog out the box, meaning games will be build with multiple control methods in mind but absolutely IS and advantage of having EVERY machine have dual analog. Crazy if you think this isn't a plus for Vita.

No 3d means gyro leaning makes a bit more sense - i guess switching off the 3DS 3D solves this though

back panel could be used for analog aiming , weapon scrolling, melee, left/right buttons - you name it - i'm not quite sure why people seem to think the back panel has to be simple use only. Am i missing something?

I almost sicked up in my mouth typing this, but for - ugh - more viscreal games like COD , you don't think dude bros are going to be drawn towards the game that looks like the X360/PS3 version rather than the Wii version?

gogogow

And the R3/L3. I still don't understand why Sony didn't went full out with the inputs when they decided to add dual sticks. It's like the PSP all over again. They are adding analog controls, but only one slider. The Vita is big enough to have R2/L2 and omitting R3/L3 is just strange. Same goes for 3DS for not having two analog sliders.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Nah, I've played 3DS before. I love my 3D gaming. But 3DS rely too much on constant view point. With its tiny screen, it made my eye strain for long time play (faster than big screen 3D TV). I find myself turn off 3D many time just so I can continue my play ,not only 3DS but also 3D game on PS3 and 360. Bigger screen would help though, but I know the curren 3D screen size is already expensive by itself.

Well, it's your experience. But really, nothing hillarious.

watershed

Banned
This thread stopped being about sales numbers along time ago.

Looking at the mc rankings Nintendogs 3ds did pretty good. I wonder what its LTD in Japan is. It can't match ds numbers but I bet its not quite the bomb people thought it was.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This thread stopped being about sales numbers along time ago.

Looking at the mc rankings Nintendogs 3ds did pretty good. I wonder what its LTD in Japan is. It can't match ds numbers but I bet its not quite the bomb people thought it was.

Going with Famitsu numbers, updated to last week

[3DS] Nintendogs+cats (Nintendo) - 68.973 / 406.034

When Famitsu will update next week with its numbers, it should be at 430-440k.

Hyuga

Banned
I think many people are failing to see the big elephant in the room here.

3DS and VITA have similar performances, both handhelds are aiming for the exact same market (it was different between PS3/Wii or PSP/DS, that's why PS3 and PSP had space to grow) and one handheld has grabbed all of the relevant 3rd party exclusives.

There is no game on VITA that is not possible on the 3DS, hell, the most high end 3rd party exclusives on PSP are all 3DS exclusives now. It's a myth that the VITA is capable of more high end hardcore(lol) experiences, and some people here need to understand this.

So you say the VITA needs a killer app, but the problem this time is that this killer game NECESSARILY needs to come from Sony themselves, because if it comes from a 3rd party, it can also come to the 3DS, there's no reason not to and there's no moneyhat from Sony Nintendo can't match. And no, that big game won't come from Atlus (lol).

Unless Sony can't come with a big new franchise on VITA (and they failed completely on the PS3/PSP generation, trying with their biggest teams), then I'm sorry but the VITA is dead, there's no reason to buy it. There is no 3rd party game that will save the handheld, because it can be ported at ANY time to the 3DS.

Some people are hoping COD VITA will save it on the west, but those people don't realize that the 3DS will get the EXACT SAME GAME in 3D and with much better controls (Circle Pad Pro has four triggers, and resistive touchscreen is MUCH, MUCH better for games than capacitive, and you don't put an ugly thumb in front of your games). The DS had four COD games, the PSP had only one, and that was before COD exploded, that means Activision WILL support the best selling handheld, there's absolutely no reason to think 3DS will not receive it's own COD.

The problem was made by Sony themselves, they released a similar platform a year later, they thought it was different enough, and they thought the mountain of games would translate automatically. In the end the VITA is a boring handheld, it doesn't have any exciting thing about it for real people, it doesn't do anything new (the back touchscreen must be the worst last minute addition to any handheld ever, it doesn't work as R/L 2/3 replacement (I'm sure that's the reason it's there) and it just get in the way) and had virtually no R&D money thrown, as someone said, they picked a PSP and changed the interiors with standard components, put some real analog sticks, gyros, capacitive touchscreen a back touchscreen and called it a day.

Their PS4 strategy will also backfire if they don't hurry up, because even though on paper that console may be much better (like the VITA vs 3DS), the difference will not be big and whoever wins the support early on will have an outstanding advantage. I'm sure MSFT is rushing the Xbox 720 development so it can launch 2012/early 2013.

The strategy of launching a year later WILL NOT WORK because this time the now VERY RELEVANT Nintendo will go for the PS3 market, there will be a direct competition with third parties porting over EVERYTHING and if Sony doesn't realize this and doesn't secure some support and HEAVILY work on their first party games (because they have effectively failed on this regard, Sony first party IS lacking), the PS4 may be the last Playstation.
(lol) and manueldelalas did it again.
Good job, man. It was a good laugh.
Especially the "VITA is a boring handheld" and "resistive touchscreen is MUCH, MUCH better for games than capacitive". You're doing a good job for months now.

Laguna

Banned
Going with Famitsu numbers, updated to last week

[3DS] Nintendogs+cats (Nintendo) - 68.973 / 406.034

When Famitsu will update next week with its numbers, it should be at 430-440k.

I really wonder how long it will take Sony to release a similar bomb on Vita, just kidding ;)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2011 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

01./03. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 260.836 / 1.050.706 (+43%)
02./00. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2011.12.22} (¥7.800) - 200.526 / NEW
03./05. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800) - 174.566 / 1.011.709 (+55%)
04./02. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 155.069 / 885.456 (-26%)
05./01. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.12.15} (¥7.980) - 118.816 / 643.033 (-77%)
06./06. [WII] Kirby's Return to Dream Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.10.27} (¥5.800) - 114.545 / 513.061 (+61%)
07./09. [WII] Just Dance Wii <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.10.13} (¥5.800) - 96.771 / 420.064 (+120%)
08./00. [3DS] SD Gundam G Generation 3D # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.22} (¥6.090) - 90.873 / NEW
09./04. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.12.15} (¥5.800) - 86.026 / 221.285 (-36%)
10./00. [WII] Inazuma Eleven Strikers 2012 Xtreme <SPT> (Level 5) {2011.12.22} (¥4.980) - 85.117 / NEW
11./11. [WII] Wii Party <ETC> (Nintendo) {2010.07.08} (¥4.800) - 71.461 / 2.200.697 (+68%)
12./00. [PSP] Mahou Shoujo Nanoha A's Portable: The Gears of Destiny # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.22} (¥5.229) - 57.320 / NEW
13./10. [WII] PokePark 2: Beyond the World <ADV> (Pokemon Co.) {2011.11.12} (¥5.800) - 55.344 / 219.362 (+26%)
14./17. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Definitive Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.23} (¥5.040) - 55.256 / 155.539 (+84%)
15./13. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2011.12.08} (¥5.800) - 52.611 / 117.185 (+53%)
16./00. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Dubbed Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2011.12.22} (¥7.980) - 51.156 / NEW
17./12. [NDS] Magician's Quest: Oshare na Mahou Tsukai <ETC> (Konami) {2011.12.10} (¥4.980) - 50.074 / 131.184 (+43%)
18./20. [NDS] One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - New World # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.17} (¥5.230) - 49.921 / 257.379 (+76%)
19./16. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus <SPT> (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} (¥5.800) - 48.929 / 782.975 (+59%)
20./21. [WII] Mario Kart Wii <RCE> (Nintendo) {2008.04.10} (¥5.800) - 43.752 / 3.428.903
21./23. [WII] Rhythm Heaven: Fever <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.07.21} (¥5.800)
22./00. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 Ketteiban <SPT> (Konami) {2011.12.22} (¥5.250)
23./27. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends <ETC> (Nintendo) {2011.02.26} (¥4.800)
24./31. [PSP] Little Battlers eXperience: Boost <RPG> (Level 5) {2011.11.23} (¥4.980)
25./33. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2011.11.03} (¥4.980)
26./00. [PSP] Frontier Gate <RPG> (Konami) {2011.12.22} (¥5.250)
27./29. [NDS] Tamagotchi Collection <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.10} (¥5.040)
28./37. [WII] Go Vacation <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} (¥5.800)
29./32. [WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2011.11.23} (¥6.800)
30./00. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 Ketteiban <SPT> (Konami) {2011.12.22} (¥6.980)
31./35. [WII] Itadaki Street Wii <TBL> (Square Enix) {2011.12.01} (¥6.090)
32./34. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.08.04} (¥3.800)
33./36. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.12.03} (¥5.800)
34./40. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
35./42. [NDS] Pokemon Black / White <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2010.09.18} (¥4.800)
36./38. [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥6.280)
37./07. [PSV] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.12.17} (¥4.980)
38./39. [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 14 <SLG> (Konami) {2011.12.01} (¥5.250)
39./45. [WII] Family Fishing # <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.08.04} (¥5.040)
40./08. [PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.12.17} (¥5.980)
41./49. [3DS] Pokemon Rumble Blast <ACT> (Pokemon Co.) {2011.08.11} (¥4.800)
42./00. [NDS] Mario Kart DS <RCE> (Nintendo) {2005.12.08} (¥4.800)
43./25. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥8.380)
44./18. [PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2011.12.17} (¥6.090)
45./14. [PS3] Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect <ADV> (Chunsoft) {2011.12.17} (¥6.090)
46./00. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. <ACT> (Nintendo) {2006.05.25} (¥4.800)
47./00. [PSP] Final Fantasy Type-0 <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.10.27} (¥7.770)
48./00. [NDS] Sweet PreCure: Melody Collection <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.08.25} (¥5.040)
49./19. [PSV] Lord of Apocalypse <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.12.17} (¥5.980)
50./00. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)
00./00. [360] Warriors Orochi 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2011.12.22} (¥7.800) - 7.000 / NEW

Top 50

WII - 17
NDS - 9
3DS - 7
PSP - 7
PS3 - 6
PSV - 4

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |  3.417.000 |  2.812.000 |  3.505.441 | 52.249.000 | 63.616.757 |

HARDWARE
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  3DS  |    482.200 |    367.691 |            |  4.084.190 |            |   4.084.190 |
| PSP # |    101.121 |     64.468 |    183.071 |  2.016.406 |  2.798.338 |  18.666.618 |
|  WII  |     91.176 |     60.916 |    131.761 |    850.375 |  1.597.131 |  12.130.010 |
|  PS3  |     75.943 |     65.119 |     64.228 |  1.481.696 |  1.509.700 |   7.569.186 |
|  PSV  |     72.479 |    324.859 |            |    397.338 |            |     397.338 |
| NDS # |     14.396 |      9.155 |    191.583 |    651.985 |  2.772.043 |  32.802.685 |
|  360  |      4.245 |      3.584 |      5.298 |    113.095 |    207.118 |   1.533.592 |
|  PS2  |      1.582 |      1.400 |      2.604 |     76.355 |     83.439 |  21.772.447 |
|  ALL  |    843.142 |    897.192 |    578.545 |  9.671.440 |  8.967.769 |  98.956.066 |
| DSiLL |      8.470 |      5.600 |     92.329 |    343.379 |  1.392.878 |   2.290.962 |
|  DSi  |      5.894 |      3.523 |     93.464 |    287.911 |  1.156.743 |   5.831.635 |
|  DSL  |         32 |         32 |      5.790 |     20.695 |    222.422 |  18.094.617 |
|  PSP  |    101.121 |     64.468 |    177.691 |  2.000.866 |  2.722.751 |  18.490.654 |

[Nintex]

15./13. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2011.12.08} (¥5.800) - 52.611 / 117.185 (+53%)
People finally got sick of these? I recall the first two selling a fuck ton.

What people also seem to forget about the 3DS is that on the DS, the game screen was touch based. Now, the game screen is 3D and you don't have actual touch interaction with the game itself. The reason why games like Nintendogs don't work anymore on 3DS is because you don't actually pet the dog, you pet its fucking silhouette, lol.

Also, when using a stylus for FPS (which yes, is really precise and accurate), you only have one button left (the L button) for doing anything. This does not work. That's why dual analogs are better.

The Frankenstick is ridiculous because the 3DS' screen will not be aligned in the center, therefor you have to hold your 3DS in a weird position in order to view the screen at the correct angle.

[Nintex];33825599 said:
People finally got sick of these? I recall the first two selling a fuck ton.
No, they always start out low and climb high. Like Taiko or Wii ____.

Happy to see Fortune Street and Zelda SS hanging in there. Both definitely underperformed but hopefully they'll crawl to respectable totals in the end anyway.

Go go FamiFishing!

Top Bottom