• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Your Opinions Don't Need Validation

It's actually something that kids need to hear, and probably aren't hearing from their parents and teachers if they are bugging the fuck out on message boards/comments sections about crazy stuff.

I don't think IGN are saints or anything for making this video, but for children I don't think it's a bad thing.

It's actually something that kids need to hear, and probably aren't hearing from their parents and teachers if they are bugging the fuck out on message boards/comments sections about crazy stuff.

I don't think IGN are saints or anything for making this video, but for children I don't think it's a bad thing.
This.

The part with the cat was funny though ^^

The_Monk

Before this video I was nervous every time someone thinks in a different way about something, but now I feel much better.

Thanks IGN, I feel I can just be honest, if you don't like what I like it's okay! :)

OPINIONS!

Also, a Cat with a Hat? Dubstep? Awesome.

super cool story bro

I learned that from the video

Kacho

What happened to IGN?!

I haven't been a regular at their site since 2006 and watching that video shows me how much they have changed. It's like they're trying so hard to be cool.

Also, pointless video is pointless. There will always be opinions and with opinions you have disagreements and arguments. Quality work, IGN.

Coxswain

I really thought the thread title was going to be directed at IGN in response to all of those "Why [X] should [Y]" articles.

spirity

For some reason that video made me think of being 8, watching childrens tv and being instructed on how to be a tree.

Opinions are weak if you can't back them up, especially when they are controversial. You don't owe people explanations, but you better expect people to call you out if you can't or won't.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What happened to IGN?!

I haven't been a regular at their site since 2006 and watching that video shows me how much they have changed. It's like they're trying so hard to be cool.

Also, pointless video is pointless. There will always be opinions and with opinions you have disagreements and arguments. Quality work, IGN.

Matt C left, that's what happened.

Esura

Banned
Before this video, I wanted to not talk about how much better FFVII compared to FFVI.

After this video, I can openly say that FINAL FANTASY SEVEN IS THE ONLY RPG YOU NEED TO PLAY LIKE EVER. THATS MY OPINION AND I DON'T CARE!

I don't think you'll get many who disagree with this.

Mitsurux

They should stick with reviews and News.. but lately it seems that have been pushing alot of editorial/opinion peices... which i'm sure get them noticed.. but also can cause issues..

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Matt was just as annoying as everyone else there. Else there now too.

He was kinda there from almost the beginning though. When he left (or rather, became general editor) the Nintendo section finally sank to the depths of the rest of the site. That's when IGN truly died.

salpa

Banned
Good job insulting the only people silly enough to actually care about what you have to say, IGN.

IGN gets more views than every other dedicated video game site combined.

The IGN hate here is ridiculous. If they said the sky were blue you'd all try to argue it was orange just to find something to disagree with them on.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Opinions can be wrong too, I didn't read the Kingdom Hearts article so I don't know what his arguments were but it's not hard to come up with some counterpoints.

I agree the flaming and bitching from fans without good counterpoints is annoying, but this video is just as bad as those people spamming their twitter and comments section.

Top Bottom