• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Your Opinions Don't Need Validation

Bad7667

I didn't read the article, so I don't know exactly what he said, and how people responded. I think I've seen enough shit on the internet though to kinda get an idea of what happened.

First of all, this is friggin IGN, the people responding to this guy's article are probably insecure immature people and little kids. They act like they're just shrugging it off in the video, but the fact that the video exists makes it seem like they're not. If they wanna act like the comments don't bother him, they shouldn't respond to it at all. This makes it seem like even more so that they were butt hurt by the trolls of the internet.

Secondly though, was an article bashing Kingdom Hearts really necessary? It's a series marketed at a very specific audience. Kids, and fans of the Final Fantasy series. You're playing with fire when you're gonna be bashing a series with that kind of audience, especially when it's in a genre that already gets enough bashing from critics.

Did we really need another article bashing this genre which barely gets play from these kinds of publications already? In some defense of the people that probably yelled at him, JRPGs already don't get a fair judgment from most publications. They are always held to a different standard, and never rated on the same scale as the latest FPS or western action game. So let's dig into them even more by writing an article that'll just flare up those fans even more? The guy's an idiot.

I don't know man. They shouldn't be worried to talk about a game because the fanbase may or may not be crazy. Just because they should have seen it coming, doesn't mean that they shouldn't also be able to respond to such crazies if they want to. I haven't read the article either but if the guy who wrote it thought he had some good criticisms about any game, regardless of fanbase or perceived slights to the games genre, that should be enough.

Top Bottom