• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
If I'm honest, I tried one for the first time yesterday (waiting on my check to actually go out and get one) and I was a little less than impressed with the comfort.

The analogs are a bit small, and with the way I hold a Vita my fingers have to curl in a lot more than I'm used to so that they don't accidentally rub across the rear touchscreen. And that D-Pad is not good to me at all, it feels more like the X360 pad (but not nearly as bad as that). I really don't see why they didn't keep the PS2/PSP pad which in my mind is still the best pad made.

Get the PDP Hand Grips. It makes the handheld PERFECT. Gives it extra width, so you can hold it well and still not touch the touchpad and extends the L/R shoulder buttons. Well worth the $20 dollars and my favorite Vita accessory by a landslide. I removed the PDP grip to apply a screen protector earlier today and while I could still make the claw grip required to hold the system, it was rather uncomfortable.

Grinchy

Banned
I got a surprising amount of money back from my textbooks from this quarter (~$280) and I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this. I am going to need a 32GB card though. That's kinda the only thing holding me back. I think it's crazy to add $100.

I'm going to run somewhere to try it out in the next couple days. And I need to see how many of my games will play on it, ect. I'm just so hyped lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Show is pretty hardcore... If you're not big on baseball it might be a little much for you.

I see. I'll wait on it then. I'm hoping that EA doesn't half-ass Madden for Vita, because it should be able to match the console versions 1:1 with the graphics scaled back a bit. If only we lived in an alternate reality where EA didn't sign an exclusive agreement with the NFL, and Sony could develop a The Show-caliber NFL franchise for PS3 & Vita :(.

SmokyDave

I just noticed that FIFA is £44.99 on PSN. That's fucking hilarious. Have these guys got any idea what £44.99 will buy me on Steam?

I'm generally happy with the pricing on PSN but that fucker sticks out like a sore cock.

Carl

I just noticed that FIFA is £44.99 on PSN. That's fucking hilarious. Have these guys got any idea what £44.99 will buy me on Steam?

I'm generally happy with the pricing on PSN but that fucker sticks out like a sore cock.

This is the same company that had Mass Effect 3 on the Store at £47.99 until last week.

Skilletor

Don't use d-pad heavy games (like fighters or whatever) but games i HAVE used it in, i love it. Very clicky and responsive.

I'm playing UMvC and Blazblue on it, and it's a dream. Also stuff like Dracula X, Ghouls and Ghosts, and Maverick Hunter.

The dpad is amazing. I'm still impressed with the handheld as a whole, but the dpad is a great surprise. Definitely was not expecting it to be so solid and really makes me want more fighters on it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I got the love for the d-pad when I started playing Rayman. It's fucking perfect for 2D platformers. You gotta love the versatility of this machine.

I'm playing UMvC and Blazblue on it, and it's a dream. Also stuff like Dracula X, Ghouls and Ghosts, and Maverick Hunter.

The dpad is amazing. I'm still impressed with the handheld as a whole, but the dpad is a great surprise. Definitely was not expecting it to be so solid and really makes me want more fighters on it.

I'll need more time with the thing to give a real impression (as I said, yesterday was literally my first time with the hardware) but I didn't feel a high level of control at all from that pad, nothing even remotely close to my PS3 d-pad. I'm going to try and buy one of my own this or next week so I should be able to get some real time in with the hardware and (hopefully) get a better impression of it.

Yeah I am using the D-pad for UMvC3 with no issues at all, it feels perfect. I also haven't had any issue with the analog sticks in Uncharted or Wipeout either. The contorls on this thing feel so good to me for any game I have played, even PSP games.

mandiller

I did what you just said, but when I exit Option menu and Vita tries to autosave, the game is stuck on this screen :(

It sucks but the only thing that'll fix it is if you have less than 2GB space free on your memory card. It's a bug in the game. It's hard coded to only accept 2GB or smaller memory cards so it freaks out when there's one bigger than 2GB. This problem happened on my PSP Go. If you fill up space on your card so there's less than 2GB of space left it'll work like magic.

theBishop

Banned
magames.jpg

Haaaa yes!!!

Guess which one I'm the most excited about?

*hint* Its the one on top.

Were you able to take advantage of the $80 bundle? How was it packaged?

Do we know the size of Motorstorm? If I have to sacrifice a psp game to my 4gb stick to free up space on my 8gb I am fine, just need to know how much to free up.

Anyone have any experience with "Grid-It" organizers? My PSV is "armored" with a Hori Face Cover (love it) but DAT back still needs some sort of protection. And I still need a place to put my spare USB cord, charger and game holder. This seems like it would work. Just attach everything and toss it in the backpack.

11_large.png

I use Grid-It. They work great and held my Game Boy Micro, PSP, UMDs, cords, etc. just fine.

I also just got the Hori Face Plate and it's really nice. Very minimalist and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I used a Pelican face plate on my PSP and it was all the protection I ever needed.

Bumhead

Banned
Kind of want to try MLB The Show. I like to try good sports games even if they're sports I don't normally watch, and I constantly hear great things about The Show.

I'm going to assume this isn't coming out in the UK though..

DemonNite

you guys were right, Mutant Blobs Attack is awesome.. such a nice little gem of a game. Picked it up while at work and been playing it most of the day.

Ragus

Banned
It sucks but the only thing that'll fix it is if you have less than 2GB space free on your memory card. It's a bug in the game. It's hard coded to only accept 2GB or smaller memory cards so it freaks out when there's one bigger than 2GB. This problem happened on my PSP Go. If you fill up space on your card so there's less than 2GB of space left it'll work like magic.

Oh, I see. Thank you very much for help. It does suck, but it's still better than not being able to save.

MrMephistoX

Kind of want to try MLB The Show. I like to try good sports games even if they're sports I don't normally watch, and I constantly hear great things about The Show.

I'm going to assume this isn't coming out in the UK though..

I hope there's a demo: not enough a sports fan to actually buy a sports game but they sure look purdy!

Raoh

Co Worker brought his vita in..

It is soooooo cooooooollll and responsive.. I wish the ps3 UI was like this..

I almost walked over to bestbuy to make an impulse buy, had my jacket on and ready to go but them I got a high ticket that I had to respond to.

I am going to look for deals since I missed out on pre order and initial buys, I'm sure there will be something coming up soon. I may trade in my 360 for it but I don't believe gamestop would offer me much for it.

Is this the best thread for remote play info?

DMPrince,
Congratulations! We have received your verification, confirming you are a winner of the Taco Bell Unlock the Box Challenge and Instant Win Game sponsored by Taco Bell.

Please allow approximately XX XXXX for delivery of your PlayStation® Vita prize package.

don't hate.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Motorstorm RC being free is so awesome. I've been waiting for the Vita one to go up on the US store - been playing the PS3 version from my AU account, glad I don't have to pay again (though I gladly would). Game is the definition of addictive.
What is this mutant blobs business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom