• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

GhaleonEB

Cuz it looks Skyrim-ish?

Man, the color choices on the armor/skins just looks bad. Makes them all worse and hard to tell what they really look like.

Kinda, yeah. Would look a bit like Ebony when black with white, perhaps red, highlights. :lol

Now there's a crossover I'd like to see. Unlock Daedric at the highest rank.

senador

Banned
Hopefully 343 saved all the ugly armor skins for pre-order bonuses. I hold hope they there will be far better looking skins included in the game.

Yeah. "Great" way to trim the fat and still use them. Hoping for sleek and simple skins in game.

The idea of having custom paint styles applied to your armor is cool.
Making them retailer exclusive is not.

And all of these helmets are ugly as sin.

This fully sums it up.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Not only do I think the idea of the retailer exclusive is is just abhorrent but the actual skins themselves are as bad as the idea.

With the exception of the bland BR skin, these skinslook like some wacky clown college Saturday morning kid's fodder crap. So tacky and tasteless.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frankie, David, pls

mighty_morphin_power_rangers_helmets_close_up_wallpaper_-_1024x768.jpg

Not only do I think the idea of the retailer exclusive is is just abhorrent but the actual skins themselves are as bad as the idea.

With the exception of the bland BR skin, these skinslook like some wacky clown college Saturday morning kid's fodder crap. So tacky and tasteless.

So does the armor.

Come to think of it, I was never a huge fan of any of the customizable armor in either Halo 3 or Reach. I stuck with the Mark VI (default) in Halo 3 and didn't change it once. With Reach I unlocked the helmet I (kinda) like very early on and haven't changed it since.

That said, these armor configurations are a huge step below what Bungie put out for Halo 3 and Reach. Out of all the armor we've seen 343 put out (including the MC's armor), I like the default multiplayer armor the most because it's design is mostly safe if that makes any sense.

So Spartan IVs are the new kids on the block emerging from the shadow of the Master Chief. They don't want to be clones of an older generation. They want to be their own Spartans.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i like the amazon helmet A LOT. i'd probably pre-order from there anyway, but i hope all the armor pieces shown are actually items that can be purchased in game with enough credits

I was too old to get on the Power Rangers bandwagon. I'd watch Battle of the Planets or the non-lion Voltron cartoons all day before I'd watch more than a minute of the Power Rangers.

Come at me, kids.

i like the amazon helmet A LOT. i'd probably pre-order from there anyway, but i hope all the armor pieces shown are actually items that can be purchased in game with enough credits
These retailer exclusives are just the skins, right? Not the helmets/armor bullshit like Reach?

feel

bahahahaha oh 343i you so crazy

Some of these helmets/torsos look cool if you picture them without the crazy paintjob, I wanna see more weapon skins!

Wtf at the armored slippers though, don't tell me that's the only footwear in the game.

God DAMN that armor design/camo is ugly as sin. Only Letters would rock some shit like that.
Nah, I only said I like the option for this kind of customization, I personally like using a serious/simple default-ish look.

op_ivy

These retailer exclusives are just the skins, right? Not the helmets/armor bullshit like Reach?

dunno. there wasnt actual exclusives with reach either though iirc. there was the recon helmet, but that was purchasable in the armory

Retailer exclusives are annoying, but as long as they are just cosmetic tweaks I will find a way to survive in this world.

I like the Amazon armor and skin more than the others, but not enough to say "I will use this in Halo 4". This stuff isn't aimed at us, but if it sells copies of Halo 4 it could end up growing the player base, so I can deal.

It is interesting to me that the other major retailers have polished art depicting their exclusives while Best Buy, a company that has been in decline for years, has a rough mock-up of their armor. Nobody has pointed out that the colors and/or design of the retailer armors are matched to the retailers which is why we are seeing a god awful blue and yellow paint scheme for Best Buy's armor.

So, skins are specific to weapons and armor... Kinda makes sense, but implies there are going to be stacks of them. It also make me think armor will be sets rather than right shoulder, left shoulder, helmet, etc. Hmmm...

op_ivy

So, skins are specific to weapons and armor... Kinda makes sense, but implies there are going to be stacks of them. It also make me think armor will be sets rather than right shoulder, left shoulder, helmet, etc. Hmmm...

not necessarily. even in reach, the armor pieces were designed as a set, but you could mix and match them.

also glad to see they went with skins, as the default pattern on the spartan IVs shown so far is kinda ugly.

Ken

?

Pretty sure there's still armor sets of LR shoulder, helmet, and chest that can be mixed and matched and then you can put an armor skin (just a texture or pattern) over it.

Top Bottom