• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Oh I get it, web because it's... amazon... yeah.

Deadeye helmet would actually look badass with better color choices (who the fuck decided to show it off as blue and gold?) and CIO Helmet (Amazon armor showcased) might become my new helmet choice if Operator doesn't return.

Edit: Raptor armor did the same thing, the hell? I'm not usually cynical about this stuff but Raptor looks like a fucking Super Metroid enemy or something.

Ken

Ah, okay.

Just saw the Amazon exclusive. Who would actually want to use these

I wouldn't use them but I wouldn't mind having them all even if they just sit in my armory.

You know, like my backlog of games.

I guess I'm alone in thinking these armors are somewhat okay; I like the departure from the armor style of the previous games for something a little more different,

Oh shit, first Spider-Man, now we on that Evagenlion shit

500full.jpg

Yo, whoever gets the Buzz Lightyear armor first is getting my money

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I actually like the deadeye skin, just would use other colors...

FRANK, DAVID, I will give you anything to get an Iowa State Cyclones themed skin in the game. :p

I thought it was 'web' because there's a spider design on the front.

I figure they killed two birds
AND A FRANCHISE*
with one stone; give amazon the web one since it's online, make web armor have a spider decal because spiderman's hip and will appear to the cod d-munchkins.

*i'm kidding i think

Also, I've got shit to do today but once I'm home tonight and we're bombarded with 343 new pre-order specials I'll try to put together an armor listing for Halo 4, if Halogaf or Forward Unto Dawn would like some help putting information together.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
From Best Buy:

Halo 4 Venator Raptor Preorder Bonus
Pre-Order Halo 4 and receive the Best Buy Exclusive Venator Raptor multiplayer armor design. Color combination of the armor can be customized (we have used Best Buy blue and yellow for our image). The geometry of the suit and striping patter and permanent, but the color scheme can be customized by the owner.

Venator Raptor

What the hell is Venator?

The armour looks weird.

raptor.jpg

Venator Raptor

What the hell is Venator?

Oh my god, I actually know this! Venator's latin for catch/hunter, I think. It could be some new company introduced in the franchise like Traxus and the armor's designed for missions involving assassinations/reconnaissance/kidnapping high-priority targets depending on your definition of catch. That or it's going meta and it's a heavily grenade-oriented armor.

senador

Banned
Oh my god, I actually know this! Venator's latin for catch/hunter, I think. It could be some new company introduced in the franchise like Traxus and the armor's designed for missions involving assassinations/reconnaissance/kidnapping high-priority targets depending on your definition of catch. That or it's going meta and it's a heavily grenade-oriented armor.

Ah, good venator yo.

Hunters? I think we already got those

hunters.jpg

Unless they mean...the other Hunter

84woR.gif

With this skin, you will win 90% of your matches with little effort

GhaleonEB

Can't say I'm a fan of these armor designs, though the Raptor one is the best of the bunch. Curious how the volume of skins stacks up to Reach.

I like the variety in color patterns, though. Makes them much more distinctive at a distance, though I imagine most team games will revert to red/blue.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh man, imagine all the derps wearing these skins in Rumble Pit.

Going to feel like I walked into some weak Halo cosplay convention.

Hopefully 343 saved all the ugly armor skins for pre-order bonuses. I hold hope they there will be far better looking skins included in the game.

Retro

The idea of having custom paint styles applied to your armor is cool.
Making them retailer exclusive is not.

And all of these helmets are ugly as sin.

Top Bottom