• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 20 gayest video game characters

mollipen

J-Rzez said:
Couldn't say it better myself... why waste his time on the presidents daughter?

ashley.jpg

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Vega. Is. Not. Gay.

...and I guess neither is Bridget from Guilty Gear. He's a twin, and twins in his village are a bad omen, so he was raised as a girl. That would make for some expensive counseling sessions, but that doesn't necessarily make you homosexual.

And Voldo? Gay? A submissive fetishist, maybe. But gay?

Seriously we're gonna hafta work on the whole GAF gay stereotyping thing. I would guess Vaan as little fruity, WAY before Voldo or Vega.

I like how the list posted by the OP in this thread has ACTUAL GAY VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS IN IT, and then most of the following posts are about people they think are gay.

"Oh man look at that really attractive guy what a homo. That guy looks gay he must be gay lolz."

And hell I don't care what anyone says about Poison. I'm having trouble finding a penis in any of "her" pictures but she's so fine I wouldn't mind taking one for the team if she actually still had one.

Also Ada would probably trap Leon in an exploding building before giving him that ass.
Besides doesn't she have the T-virus or something? That can't be good

lol this thread has become a thread to post characters from games you dont like and think is gay. Master Chief for example, same as the majority of the posts of characters who actually ARENT gay in the games. this is a game character hate thread

polg

mr jones said:
Vega. Is. Not. Gay.

...and I guess neither is Bridget from Guilty Gear. He's a twin, and twins in his village are a bad omen, so he was raised as a girl. That would make for some expensive counseling sessions, but that doesn't necessarily make you homosexual.

And Voldo? Gay? A submissive fetishist, maybe. But gay?

Seriously we're gonna hafta work on the whole GAF gay stereotyping thing. I would guess Vaan as little fruity, WAY before Voldo or Vega.

so... vega is just metrosexual... you know he wears the mask to protect his beauty...

momolicious said:
lol this thread has become a thread to post characters from games you dont like and think is gay. Master Chief for example, same as the majority of the posts of characters who actually ARENT gay in the games. this is a game character hate thread

Pretty much, as PepsimanVsJoe said, the initial post actually contained thought choices for being actually being homosexual....and not the duh, duh...I don't like him, he's so gay! type of response.

Master Chief...what the hell...

Vormund

border said:
The original Japanese game didn't even have Mario characters in it. Why should it be definitive canon?

Well I'm not saying the it's canon to begin with, just that the retconning goes back to the original intent for that character...whether it's doki doki or mario

D-X said:
Also Nagi from Last Bronx:

screen_4.jpg

Forgot about her. :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
HomerSimpson-Man said:
The guy was pretty much obsessed with beauty whether it be his own or the world's.
Hes a pretty boy, doesnt make him gay. He liked girls. And he liked himself. He didnt like men.

Well, yeah. I didn't mean that he was gay but he was just a huge narcissist and elevated most things in terms of beauty or not, hence denoucing an opponent on their looks or not.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Pretty much, as PepsimanVsJoe said, the initial post actually contained thought choices for being actually being homosexual....and not the duh, duh...I don't like him, he's so gay! type of response.

Master Chief...what the hell...

Raphael Sorel - Soul Calibur-

I fail to see how he's any different from Vega. He's a pretty boy character.

Zangief – Street Fighter Series-

He's a burly guy. How's that any worse thanwhat the people in this topic were doing. At least we have reason to suspect Ryo and Leon might be gay.

King of All Cosmos – Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari-

Married with a kid.

Tingle – Zelda Series-

HE'S FABULOUS!!! And you complain about the responses and say the list is serious?!

typhonsentra said:
Raphael Sorel - Soul Calibur-

I fail to see how he's any different from Vega. He's a pretty boy character.

Zangief – Street Fighter Series-

He's a burly guy. How's that any worse thanwhat the people in this topic were doing. At least we have reason to suspect Ryo and Leon might be gay.

King of All Cosmos – Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari-

Married with a kid.

Tingle – Zelda Series-

HE'S FABULOUS!!! And you complain about the responses and say the list is serious?!

Serious? I said more thought not completely accurate, especially with videogame characters.

Regarding two of the character. As for Zangief has actually been pretty suspect of being gay, ever beat Zangief's ending in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo? He loves his muscle body alright as he's flexing in front of a mirror, a mirror that also seems to a picture of Vega on it coincidently. As for Leon, I already said it in another post, rejecting one girl and hitting on another....er...yeah suspect... -_-

Phobophile said:
6. Bertram – Temple of Elemental Evil
Quoted for ****ing truth. I had one conversation with that guy and IMed my friend and asked if he was gay.

...I freed him and was prepared to make sweet, sweet love to him. Didn't have him join the party, though.

Actually there's a lot of truth in the whole Zangief thing. Granted Capcom doesn't post it all over the bios: "Zangief is a GAY wrestler from Russia" but every fan of the Street Fighter series knows.

In Wind Waker Tingle hangs out in a cottage with a bunch of similarily dressed boys, in all games he wants to be a "fairy", and he has a rather disturbing attraction to Link.

Link is trying to score but the problem is he keeps getting screwed over by Zelda. At the end of Ocarina just when he was about to get some Zelda sends his ass back in time. Honestly I'm starting to think she's the gay one(either that or she's enjoying the company of Ganondorf a little too often)

Raphael is gay when you fight against him in SC2 & 3. Also the guy is just questionable no matter how you slice it. The only woman in his life is some emo chick that was tossed into SC3 as a lame extra and probably to quell any possible rumors.

Ryo may be retarded but he isn't gay. He just has trouble handling himself around women.
Nozomi: "I want you to bring that on."
Ryo: "bring that on?"
Nozomi: "You know what I mean."
Ryo: "Girl I'm trying to avenge my father's death you shouldn't say those things..."
Okay terrible example but you get the idea.

I like how Slippy went from deep voiced "ribbit ribbit ribbit" to "I can see the look on their stupid faces."

M3wThr33

Banned
I thought some SF comic confirmed Zangief's homo-ness long ago. I didn't think that was up for debate.
But as much as I tease, Raphael isn't gay. He's just metro. Looking feminine doesn't make you gay. You guys just seem to think any non-macho character is gay which I find appalling.
I'm sure you're just itching to post the Naughty Dog guy as well, because he isn't walking around the game with a woman in each arm.

Volgin is BI, not gay. Raidenovitch is gay.

ccbfan

Other than the trannies.

The only character thats been posted that I know to be actually gay is Venom from Guilty Gear.

He's in love with Zato whether Zato returned the love is unkown.

Actually Guilty Gear has a few potentially gay people.

Ky and Sol might have something going on too. Especially Ky. Jam's freakin throwing herself at Ky and Ky is still obsessed with Sol. Plus on of the drama CDs show a softer side of Sol's feelings for Ky.

Plus we can't forget Bridget here. Anji's pretty obsessed with Baiken so I give him a pass. Chipp, Zappa and Potemkin are unknown but they don't seem to show any signs.

Axl, Slayer, and Johnny, we definitely know aren't gay. All have girlfriends and in Johnny's case he has a harem crew.

I am still not understanding why Joachim form SH:C is so high on the list. Also, I never heard anything about Zangief. That is news to me and I have been playing Street Fighter since day one. Also, what is wrong with Nagi from Last Bronx?

aoi tsuki

Judging by some of the generalizations here, some of you don't know what "gay" means.

Edit: From Wikipedia:

Nagi is an ambiguous and eccentric character, member of a no-men-allowed punk amazon community. With her official biography stating she "don't hate men" (except Kurosawa) but considers them only as "her own servants" and that she's interested with "the tomboy Yoko" to join her Dogma community it is uneasy to determine if she is feminist, homosexual or bisexual or the two of them. However her ending anime sequence, available in the domestic versions, reveals that she was once Kurosawa's girlfriend, hence her love/hate relationship with the young man. A good hint of her true nature is the Japanese SegaSaturn booklet containing a humorous chibi illustration (available on a previous section) of her being both intimate and friendly but also "dominant", with Kurosawa. Also the Japanese edition's inlay package features an illustrated organigram showing the characters factual relationships with Zaimoku in love with Nagi.

i never thought she was a lesbian, even though there were possible hints into it. Really, i think some people look too far into these things at times.

aoi tsuki said:
Judging by some of the generalizations here, some of you don't know what "gay" means.

Edit: From Wikipedia:

i never thought she was a lesbian, even though there were possible hints into it. Really, i think some people look too far into these things at times.

Wow. Never seen that.

Zaptruder

Banned
People are confusing people who like certain characters are probably gay, and the gay status of the characters themselves.

If you like Vega, you're probably gay; but he's just an asexual narcissist.

Tarazet

the year 20XX said:
You wouldn't be right. The fan art wouldn't be right. The act wouldn't be right.

You get the point, anyway. I think that's enough, and I do enjoy posting on GAF enough not to risk it.

Top Bottom