• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
Folks, I'll be on Shadowrun after this episode of the Real World.

I'm not even ashamed anymore. I have a beard and watch the Real World and I'm a fucking MAN.

neoism

Indeed.

The ideal bumper jumper for those who are not complete scrubs reliant on their crutch AAs:

A=Armor Ability
X=Sprint
B=Reload/Pick up Weapon
Y=Switch Weapon
LB=Jump
RB=Melee
LT=Grenade
RT=Shoot
Dpad=Switch Grenades
RS=Aim/Click to Zoom
LS=Move/Hold to crouch
wow that's better than I thought because I looove melee on RB mainly because I used to it. AA on a makes too much sense.

Indeed.

The ideal bumper jumper for those who are not complete scrubs reliant on their crutch AAs:

A=Armor Ability
X=Sprint
B=Reload/Pick up Weapon
Y=Switch Weapon
LB=Jump
RB=Melee
LT=Grenade
RT=Shoot
Dpad=Switch Grenades
RS=Aim/Click to Zoom
LS=Move/Hold to crouch
Yep that's it. I'd say the functions of A and X can be interchanged, I like it either way.

Turn it into a... song parody? I tried, but you do not want to hear the horrors I have wrought upon Bohemian Rhapsody.

Archived.

We/you/anyone/wolfgaf should take the original scene and put the avatars of each GAFer over the character as Barrow had in his script and then dub the lines/changes in them.

Also, for the lulz:
FrankieKiki.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Were you just new to HaloGaf a year or two ago? Or have you been here all along?
I posted a little bit before and after Halo 3, but mostly lurked. NeoGAF became the only gaming site I regularly visited starting in 2006. I distinctly remember the "Halo 3: Four player online co-op" thread as being particularly epic. A few months after Halo 3 came out, I lost interest in the franchise, and in gaming as a whole. I stopped paying attention to Halo news till the Reach beta was announced, and I figured I may as well give it a shot. I got sucked back in, started posting in the Reach threads, and haven't left.

We/you/anyone/wolfgaf should take the original scene and put the avatars of each GAFer over the character as Barrow had in his script and then dub the lines/changes in them.

Also, for the lulz:
FrankieKiki.png

time for Kyle or Over to use this as a reason for some of the decisions made so far lol

If someone would be willing to find me high-quality avatars of all the necessary users, I would be more than willing to keyframe them to the identical Halo 2 scene. And redub it all. My only request is that Plywood's avatar be replaced by the Bard of Lemons, but wearing the hide of a hug wolf.

a zoojoo

Banned
i might do it if nobody else will, thing is, ive got a shitty mic
EDIT: oh ok, ill pm you a higher resulution tomarrow, i dont want to waste space

I love Gaf matchups. There is a bit of a skill gap between the top and bottom players on most teams it seems but it's not a bad thing. I thoroughly enjoyed the games with Plywood, Cyren and ZooJoo earlier. Our matches swung in every which way. Exciting stuff.

Not an ounce of bitterness btw. Plywood can dance. Boy can he dance.

cyren had a pretty sick strafe from what i remember

I posted a little bit before and after Halo 3, but mostly lurked. NeoGAF became the only gaming site I regularly visited starting in 2006. I distinctly remember the "Halo 3: Four player online co-op" thread as being particularly epic. A few months after Halo 3 came out, I lost interest in the franchise, and in gaming as a whole. I stopped paying attention to Halo news till the Reach beta was announced, and I figured I may as well give it a shot. I got sucked back in, started posting in the Reach threads, and haven't left.

Cool beans. Glad you came back and stayed.

Edit: ^^^ Yeah, that he did. Was surprised his K/D wasn't higher in those games. He outplayed me a lot. I miss-timed my sword lunge on a one-shot ZooJoo and Cyren backsmacked me. Great games. He's probably more suited to zero bloom though.

JackHerer

Indeed.

A=Armor Ability
X=Sprint
B=Reload/Pick up Weapon
Y=Switch Weapon
LB=Jump
RB=Melee
LT=Grenade
RT=Shoot
Dpad=Switch Grenades
RS=Aim/Click to Zoom
LS=Move/Hold to crouch

This has to be in the game. Please make it happen 343! I will be pretty disappointed if they don't put this in it really can't be that hard to implement. Sure, Jetpack would not work with it - but it's the same way in Reach.

They could have two versions of bumper jumper if they really want to preserve the current version.

*posts on GAF with right hand*

lol that's probably exactly what he's doing.

If someone would be willing to find me high-quality avatars of all the necessary users, I would be more than willing to keyframe them to the identical Halo 2 scene. And redub it all. My only request is that Plywood's avatar be replaced by the Bard of Lemons, but wearing the hide of a hug wolf.

You'll find no objections from me, although Plywood isn't actually in the scene as Barrow wrote it (could replace Tunavi though). I think it might be funnier if the shitty 100x120 avatars were used, but I guess we could track down the better versions (I might have to remake mine).

lol that's probably exactly what he's doing.

You'll find no objections from me, although Plywood isn't actually in the scene as Barrow wrote it (could replace Tunavi though). I think it might be funnier if the shitty 100x120 avatars were used, but I guess we could track down the better versions (I might have to remake mine).

You're forgetting the scene takes place among an entire council, there's plenty of room for cameos. 100x120 would be pretty good (I'm thinking of doing it in 720p), only problem is that not all avatars feature just a head. I made a basic mockup for zoojoo working on the modified Warwood logo for example, because his old avatar was a body/torso and head. That's the only problem we might come across for certain characters.

EDIT: The entire cutscene could be remade, arguably. Have exiles like EazyB be jackals in the prison cells, Devo as Cortana, Sai as one of the grunts climbing up the walls during the branding, etc. The most obvious role for Plywood I'm seeing right now would be after "Nay, it was heresy!" Followed by screams from the crowd like UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEE or his "You really smell like dog buns" scream.

zoojoo's ship also needs to soisoisoisoisoi as it flies away as a prerequisite.

Tawpgun

Tawpgun: There was only one junior.
Barrow Roll: One? Are you sure?
Tawpgun: Yes. They called it "a zoojoo."
Heckfu: Why was it not destroyed with the rest of their wave?
Tawpgun: It fled as we set fire to Waypoint. I followed with all the scrubs in A27.
Steelyuhas: When you first saw HaloGAF, were you blained by its majesty?
Tawpgun: Blained?
Steelyuhas: Pooped on? Donged?
Tawpgun: No!
Steelyuhas: Yet the juniors were able to evade your scrubs, jetpack onto the sacred thread, and desecrate it with their terrible posts!
Tawpgun: Noble hierarchs, surely you understand that once J10 attacked...
[crowd uproars]
Heckfu: There will be order in this Wolf Pack!
Barrow Roll: You were right to focus your attention on J10, but this Stinkles? This Mister Chief?
Tawpgun: By the time I learned of the Stinkle's intent, there was nothing I could do!
[crowd uproars again]
Steelyuhas: Barrow, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bk! The Wolf Pack demands it!
Barrow Roll: You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you lead your clan with honor and distinction. But, your inability to safeguard HaloGAF was a colossal failure.
Tunavi: Nay! It was heresy!
[crowd uproars intensely]
Tawpgun: I will continue my campaign against the juniors!
Barrow Roll: No, you will not.
[Signals Juices to take him away]
Barrow Roll: Soon Halo 4 shall begin, but when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind.

Juices: [bringing the Tawpgun to the Wolfpack] Noble Wolves Barrow and Steely, I have brought the incompetent.
Barrow Roll: You may leave, Juices.
Juices: But...
Barrow Roll: And take Team Downer with you
Juices: [disappointed] Release the BK
[leaves]
Barrow Roll: HaloGAF decided to have banned, and your account made fun of through the thread. But ultimately, the terms of your ban are up to me.
Tawpgun: IAmAlreadyDead.jpg
Barrow Roll: Indeed. Do you know where we are?
Tawpgun: The Post History of the Cleanser.
Barrow Roll: Yes. Here lies the vanguard of HaloGAF. Each Cleanser, created and consumed in times of extraordinary scrubs and bad opinions.
Steely: AR vs. BR, Bloom, the Junior Waves, were it not for the Cleansers, HaloGAF would have fallen many OT’s ago!
Tawpgun: Even when slurping, I do not belong in their presence...
Barrow Roll: FacebookHaloGAF’s reveal was your error, and you rightly bear the blame. But the Wolfpack was… sensitive-GAF. We know you are no scrub. THIS is the TRUE face of a BK.
[indicating hologram]
Barrow Roll: One who would subdue our better opinions, and induce HaloGAF Civil War in the OT.
Starwolf: HaloGAF is WRONG! Open your eyes, my juniors! Swordbase is a good map, the Star Wars Prequels are good! Halo Reach is a great ga-
Barrow Roll: This BK, and those who follow him, must be cleansed.
Tawpgun: What use am I now? I can no longer 5 shot, make bad kids rage quit...
Barrow Roll: Not as you are, no. But become the Cleanser, and you shall be set free of this mistake with our permission.
[large case holding a BR and Snipe descend]
Tawpgun: What of the Wolfpack?
Steely: The posts you will make as the Cleanser are perilous, suicidal. You will be PERMABANNED As each Cleanser before you has. The Wolfpack will have their account.
Tawpgun: [Picks up snipe and the BR] What would you have your Cleanser do?

You're forgetting the scene takes place among an entire council, there's plenty of room for cameos. 100x120 would be pretty good (I'm thinking of doing it in 720p), only problem is that not all avatars feature just a head. I made a basic mockup for zoojoo working on the modified Warwood logo for example, because his old avatar was a body/torso and head. That's the only problem we might come across for certain characters.

EDIT: The entire cutscene could be remade, arguably. Have exiles like EazyB be jackals in the prison cells, Devo as Cortana, Sai as one of the grunts climbing up the walls during the branding, etc. The most obvious role for Plywood I'm seeing right now would be after "Nay, it was heresy!" Followed by screams from the crowd like UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEE or his "You really smell like dog buns" scream.

zoojoo's ship also needs to soisoisoisoisoi as it flies away as a prerequisite.

LOL having Plywood's avatar do the heresy line followed by unacceptable from the crowd is a must.

Juices: [bringing the Tawpgun to the Wolfpack] Noble Wolves Barrow and Steely, I have brought the incompetent.
Barrow Roll: You may leave, Juices.
Juices: But...
Barrow Roll: And take Team Downer with you
Juices: [disappointed] Release the BK
[leaves]
Barrow Roll: HaloGAF decided to have banned, and your account made fun of through the thread. But ultimately, the terms of your ban are up to me.
Tawpgun: IAmAlreadyDead.jpg
Barrow Roll: Indeed. Do you know where we are?
Tawpgun: The Post History of the Cleanser.
Barrow Roll: Yes. Here lies the vanguard of HaloGAF. Each Cleanser, created and consumed in times of extraordinary scrubs and bad opinions.
Steely: AR vs. BR, Bloom, the Junior Waves, were it not for the Cleansers, HaloGAF would have fallen many OT’s ago!
Tawpgun: Even when slurping, I do not belong in their presence...
Barrow Roll: FacebookHaloGAF’s reveal was your error, and you rightly bear the blame. But the Wolfpack was… sensitive-GAF. We know you are no scrub. THIS is the TRUE face of a BK.
[indicating hologram]
Barrow Roll: One who would subdue our better opinions, and induce HaloGAF Civil War in the OT.
Starwolf: HaloGAF is WRONG! Open your eyes, my juniors! Swordbase is a good map, the Star Wars Prequels are good! Halo Reach is a great ga-
Barrow Roll: This BK, and those who follow him, must be cleansed.
Tawpgun: What use am I now? I can no longer 5 shot, make bad kids rage quit...
Barrow Roll: Not as you are, no. But become the Cleanser, and you shall be set free of this mistake with our permission.
[large case holding a BR and Snipe descend]
Tawpgun: What of the Wolfpack?
Steely: The posts you will make as the Cleanser are perilous, suicidal. You will be PERMABANNED As each Cleanser before you has. The Wolfpack will have their account.
Tawpgun: [Picks up snipe and the BR] What would you have your Cleanser do?

lol starwolf as the heretic.

Halo |OT7| Too much time on our hands.
If the next OT title isn't something from Barrow's post, something is seriously missing in the head of Ghaleon (I have faith, he'll make it happen). Honestly, stuff from that post should make up the OT titles for the foreseeable future.

Havok

Heckfu, not sure what happened with that invite, it gave me an error and I couldn't join. I was probably just too late, was trying to get my headset out of a nest of cabling.

Gray Man

Banned
Oh, I just recognized your avatar! I have a friend who LOVES that stuff.

Marble Hornets? I sort of have an obsession with Masky. Yeah I've recently gotten into it! I'm a big horror movie fan, I have been ever since I saw Hitchcock's Psycho at a young age! EverymanHybrid is a good ARG web series too. Not quite as spooky as Marble Hornets in my opinion, but hey then again, I'm not quite done with Marble Hornets yet I'm only on like, entry 32.

Karl2177

Marble Hornets? I sort of have an obsession with Masky. Yeah I've recently gotten into it! I'm a big horror movie fan, I have been ever since I saw Hitchcock's Psycho at a young age! EverymanHybrid is a good ARG web series too. Not quite as spooky as Marble Hornets in my opinion, but hey then again, I'm not quite done with Marble Hornets yet I'm only on like, entry 32.

Play Slender if you haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom