• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs all tonight - some fun stuff. I even resisted the urge to complain about playing against people on either coast (aka shitty connection for me). Also, DAT FLAG CAP!

Tawpgun

...glad you had a good time...:/

hqdefault.jpg

GhaleonEB

Turn it into a... song parody? I tried, but you do not want to hear the horrors I have wrought upon Bohemian Rhapsody.

Archived.

This is probably for the best.

Goodies from last night's "help Ghaleon get rid of stuffz" episode now packed, and ready to ship tomorrow morning.
I'm so ready for Halo 4.

My nades, they stick to walls
The melees, they come too often

My reticule it changes size.

Are you making this? I would be totally down to putting our voices over the real ones.

I was thinking of impersonations of the characters but if each person did their role that could turn out hilarious. I'll play with some options tomorrow, and I'll have to modify the script a little bit (to include some bonus portions, and fix lines--one or two pieces got flubbed; permission is actually blessing, for example--but should otherwise be fine), and then see who can record and who wants to help.

Omni

Just finished playing the first few levels in Halo 2 on Legendary.... Oh wow, it's a lot harder than I remember. First level in particular I was killed a lot.

I was thinking of impersonations of the characters but if each person did their role that could turn out hilarious. I'll play with some options tomorrow, and I'll have to modify the script a little bit (to include some bonus portions, and fix lines--one or two pieces got flubbed; permission is actually blessing, for example--but should otherwise be fine), and then see who can record and who wants to help.

I was thinking that everyone recording the their part would be fucking hilarious. All probably bad impressions of the original characters in the scene. It would be so bad/awesome.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wut? You don't like cool armor abilites and everyone spawning with plasma pistols and needlers? Why not!?? So much fun. I kid I kid!
Hahaha, it's just so terrible. On top of everything, I loathe the vanilla needle rifle, and it takes so many shots to kill an elite with it.

Ugh, it's so bad. All elite shenanigans should've been thrown in their own playlist.

GhaleonEB

You'll have to provide your own scratching on that particular front.
This is good to hear.

I was being partly facetious, but this is what I was referencing.

We already know Elites are not in, which means no Invasion as we know it in Halo 4. Have you considered releasing a game type (both at launch and after launch) which relied on some of the aspects which made Invasion great? -Gabotron ES

Elites are in Campaign. Elites are not playable MP types. We will, however, add some interesting variety to MP which will scratch that itch.​

I thought that "itch scratching" referred to the progressive-objective style of gameplay that invasion introduced rather than the frustrating and unpolished gameplay that Elite Slayer provides.

I know; I took it to mean a bit of both, given the wording of the answer (focusing on Elites), but the question was indeed about Invasion. Apparently my joke landed on its face. As usual. :\

Just finished playing the first few levels in Halo 2 on Legendary.... Oh wow, it's a lot harder than I remember. First level in particular I was killed a lot.
Brutes and drones, the change to Hunters, a narrow field of view, and a lot of other things ruined Halo2's campaign for me. I felt like i was being dragged through an already made-up and done story, instead of making the story for myself like in Combat Evolved's campaign.
Hahaha, it's just so terrible. On top of everything, I loathe the vanilla needle rifle, and it takes so many shots to kill an elite with it.

Ugh, it's so bad. All elite shenanigans should've been thrown in their own playlist.
Indeed.

At ship Elite Slayer featured a loadout with Armor Lock and 2 plasma grenades. Think about that for a minute. Imagine what those games played like.

Apparently my joke landed on its face. As usual. :\

My bad. I thought since you had been traveling the West Coast you might have misunderstood the situation. I should've known better.

Hey fracas change the final tourney round to launch elite slayer settings (but with 3
Plasma grenades) instead. It seems that most people here want that.

GhaleonEB

My bad. I thought since you had been traveling the West Coast you might have misunderstood the situation. I should've known better.

Nah, I wasn't clear and should have dropped the quote for reference. Often my sense of humor (or thought processes in general) does not translate well to text.

FyreWulff

Probably won't be missed much. Elites were underused in Reach matchmaking as it is, and your species model choice ended up never mattering.

GhaleonEB

Probably won't be missed much. Elites were underused in Reach matchmaking as it is, and your species model choice ended up never mattering.

Yeah. I think their inclusion, and differentiation from Spartans, came down to Invasion. I will miss neither, and hope the resources spent on them are put to better use. There are enough variables at play in Halo 4 MP already without to different player classes to balance.

I still hope the idea of Invasion is present in a game type that allows us to set phases, define the thresholds to trigger the next phase, and set the objectives of each. We could create Invasion, or something quite different.

FyreWulff

Yeah. I think their inclusion, and differentiation from Spartans, came down to Invasion. I will miss neither, and hope the resources spent on them are put to better use. There are enough variables at play in Halo 4 MP already without to different player classes to balance.

Still doesn't explain why they're hunched over again though. Is it just so there's continuity between 3 and 4 in general for Elites, or
will it be possible to play Elites in Spartan Ops in a versus context?

GhaleonEB said:
I still hope the idea of Invasion is present in a game type that allows us to set phases, define the thresholds to trigger the next phase, and set the objectives of each. We could create Invasion, or something quite different.

It'd be nice, but they never even attempted an Invasion map in DLC. Invasion is levels more complicated than any other gametype to rig and play smoothly.

Fracas

#fuckonami
At ship Elite Slayer featured a loadout with Armor Lock and 2 plasma grenades. Think about that for a minute. Imagine what those games played like.

How in the world did this game ship?

Get ready for Halo 4 BTB where people spawn with DMR, PP secondary, plasma grenades and with lasers, vehicle stun-lock in, and vehicle health in the fray.

Though it would be a nice confirmation if they said there is no PP secondary.
Wasn't it confirmed that you could spawn with it?

Striker

Wut? You don't like cool armor abilites and everyone spawning with plasma pistols and needlers? Why not!?? So much fun. I kid I kid!
Get ready for Halo 4 BTB where people spawn with DMR, PP secondary, plasma grenades and with lasers, vehicle stun-lock in, and vehicle health in the fray.

Though it would be a nice confirmation if they said there is no PP secondary.

GhaleonEB

It'd be nice, but they never even attempted an Invasion map in DLC. Invasion is levels more complicated than any other gametype to rig and play smoothly.

Breakpoint?

I understand the complexity of it - I tried building a few Invasion levels myself - but that can be managed. I was less talking about a game type to build maps around than a game type for the community to play with; a freeform game type where we could define phase objectives could be an incredible thing. I'd personally park it low on a developmental priority list, though. But a boy can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom