• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Sales: 2012 Jul 09 - Jul 15

Hino will just announce Time Travelers Boost Ogre Turbo edition for this holiday season and a sequel to be released in Summer 2013 to spite us.

vareon

Hino will just announce Time Travelers Boost Ogre Turbo edition for this holiday season and a sequel to be released in Summer 2013 to spite us.

Nah, at this rate we'll get Inazuma Eleven Go x Time Travelers because why the hell not. And Chrono Stone already dealt with time travel!

Great sellthrough for Digimon. About expected for Rune Facotry/Kirby. Surprising to see Vita version of that baseball game outsell the PSP and PS3 versions, unless that's only about sell through %.

Poor Hino :(

donny2112

For at least two Vita games it seems there are at least a third of sales unaccounted for in the current tracking methods.

More like a quarter last time we heard about Gravity Daze.

Maybe the low end of that range, but probably still a bit below that. Last sold-through figure we have is 56K at the end of February selling 5K that week. It's very easy to imagine it having sold at least another 10K at retail though the first three weeks of March + whatever is still on shelves. Still possibly 25K sold digitally by this point, which is a huge percentage of the retail sales. :)

In the 100K for GD thread.

Gradivus

First day sellthrough

Digimon World Re:Digitize - 80% (initial shipment 100k)
Rune Factory 4: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - 50-60%
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - 20-30%
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 - 20-30% (PSV>PS3>PSP at sellthrough)
Time Travelers - 10%

Rune Factory 4 did decent enough for the first day, I wonder how much it will do for the first week.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rune Factory 4 did decent enough for the first day, I wonder how much it will do for the first week.

So far 3DS has been great for MMV and they also announced a couple of weeks ago that pre-orders started very strong for RF4 compared to its predecessors.

Gradivus

So far 3DS has been great for MMV and they also announced a couple of weeks ago that pre-orders started very strong for RF4 compared to its predecessors.

That's good to hear. I remember reading months ago about the retailers comparing HM and RF4 (implying RF4 were pretty high at the time), but that was still a bit too early to estimate the growth of the newest instalment at that point.

Dalthien

More than I expected.

SE didn't make any money off any more than 2M of that though. People really need to stop comparing shipment figures with actual sales for most publishers. Price protection (and thus overshipping) in the west really skews the numbers in a good many cases. XIII-2 was ridiculously overshipped to the west. Amazon is selling it @ $20. Once you take off the retailer cut, licensing fees to Sony/MS, shipping and packaging, etc., SE isn't making a damn thing off the game. They're just trying to recoup their licensing fees that they already paid to MS/Sony on all those extra copies at this point.

Takao

Banned
Satan huh?

r2HQQ.png

donny2112

nah, tore is just short for training.

Yeah, I know. Just commenting on that they translated half the name, but didn't just go with the literal translation for Oni in the text. Probably means they recognize calling it Demon Training would be a poor choice for sales. :lol

donny, we already went over this:

Demonic Training: Learn the ways of Satan in minutes a day!

Will go over real well with the Brain Age 1/2 crowd. Million-seller incoming!

On a side note, I think calling Rhythm Tengoku "Rhythm Heaven" in the U.S. might've played into its poor performance. Demon and Heaven have connotations to them that would distract/take away from the purpose of the game(s). If they had called it Rhythm Paradise, it might've done better, in my opinion.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
sinobi

Initial shipment of NSMB2 will be 1 million with additional shipments waiting.

No shortage should be expected the opening weeks.

watershed

Banned
sinobi

Damn 1 million, how much are they expecting to sell in the first week? I'm guessing the sell through rate is gonna look terrible but I guess Nintendo isn't too concerned about that.

Gradivus

sinobi

Looks like they have actually came prepared for this game's opening week unlike FE and such. Good to see! Just another 6 days for the Japanese to wait for!

Dalthien

What makes you think it'll have a low sell through rate?

It will probably look disappointing to a lot of people when compared to previous entries. The disappointment will be deceptive though - NSMB2 is releasing on Saturday, whereas NSMB DS and NSMB Wii both released on Thursday. So 2 days vs 4 days for previous entries. Plus, as of now, we have no idea how digital sales will go, but they will certainly replace some portion of retail as well.

Just to keep in mind that it won't be a direct comparison with the previous NSMB releases. Nevertheless, I don't think retail has to worry about whether it will eventually be able to sell those 1M copies or not. :)

Gradivus

We've also got Oni-Training coming out on the Sat as well. Hopefully that series will not suffer such a low drop in numbers from jumping from the DS to 3DS like Nintendogs did.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We've also got Oni-Training coming out on the Sat as well. Hopefully that series will not suffer such a low drop in numbers from jumping from the DS to 3DS like Nintendogs did.

It will but it has nothing to do with the platform.

I'd imagine something like :

Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training

...would be their best bet. It gets the spirit of it being difficult and challenging, without the literal confusion of "Demon Training".

Takao

Banned

I didn't know we had such big Brain Age, and Nintendogs fans on GAF.

Top Bottom