• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku rumor: First screengrab of Kotaku making a fool of themselves again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lombax

Banned
Whom they hardly credit, and instead they wait for some "fan" to report it so they can credit them instead. Either that or they just magically find out.

I have little to complain about. Kotaku inadvertently got me interested in NeoGAF because it finally clicked in my head "why go to the NeoGAF aggregator when I can go to the source?"

Shiggy

According to unconfirmed "insider broke the news said:

"This was originally an entire video.
Tencent this time under this, many senior programmer in the development. Beginning in 2008, has lasted four years.
The new strange and even attack scene props.
The scene is the scene of console and handheld versions there has never been ~ very likely still some of the original classic monster ~ ~ ~ screen substantially strengthened. The whole Chinese Simplified. "

http://www.deyunfu.com/2012/0727/28646.html
lol

To please their fans before someone else does it for them.

So much salt. Hopefully, by that point someone someone else will have made a good clone.

Well we will have our first taste of an HD "Monster Hunter" styled game with Soul Sacrifice on the Vita which I'm very excited for. Maybe it might light a fire under Capcom's ass and get them to put more effort in their work.

Well we will have our first taste of an HD "Monster Hunter" styled game with Soul Sacrifice on the Vita which I'm very excited for. Maybe it might light a fire under Capcom's ass and get them to put more effort in their work.

It's wishful thinking to believe that Capcom is simply being lazy in its handling of the franchise. They're a business. If they had any reason to expect that a graphically higher-end MH would turn a bigger profit, that's the route they'd be taking.

Xater

The Chinese knock-off looks way better than whatever Capcom is doing. I wonder when the series will finally evolve beyond PS2 assets.

scy

The scene is the scene of console and handheld versions there has never been ~ very likely still some of the original classic monster ~ ~ ~ screen substantially strengthened. The whole Chinese Simplified.

How very zen.

megalowho

I literally just deleted Kotaku from my bookmarks earlier today after casually checking it out and seeing "5 WAYS TO BE A MASSIVE JERK TO YOUR OPPONENTS IN VIDEO GAMES" as the big lead article. Figured if they ever had anything relevant to say, I'd hear about it on GAF. I.. guess I was right?

beril

lol, how did this get posted?

The fraps logo isn't even the most suspicious things about the screens.

The fact that the exact same screenshot is in both the vita photo and the direct feed should be a pretty easy give away that it's not actually running on Vita.

The fact that the screens are in chinese also make it pretty damn unlikely that this is a brand new MonHun from capcom.

Takao

Banned
lol, how did this get posted?

The fraps logo isn't even the most suspicious things about the screens.

The fact that the exact same screenshot is in both the vita photo and the direct feed should be a pretty easy give away that it's not actually running on Vita.

The fact that the screens are in chinese also make it pretty damn unlikely that this is a brand new MonHun from capcom.

Why would this be a shocker? Vita can take screenshots of pretty much any game.

beril

Why would this be a shocker? Vita can take screenshots of pretty much any game.

Sure, but at the exact frame you're taking a photo? Seems quite unlikely. And you would you try to do that if you're just snapping a photo of a game running on Vita?

Mengetsu

Oh Kotaku
KuGsj.gif

I was so excited, then I saw the FRAPS. Really Kotaku? How the hell do they get these things greenlighted?

HEY I FOUND AN AWESOME LEAK!
Really? What is it?
MONSTER HUNTER RUNNING ON A VITA!
Is there a source?
NOPE JUST FOUND IT SOMEWHERE ON THE INTERNETS ;)
Alright that's fine. Just write up a quick article, whatevs.

~Half an hour later~

Wait... why did noone notice that Fraps watermark?
Quick, edit the post!

fr4nz

http://www.windows7tech.com/tencent-is-being-developed-jointly-capcom-secret-monster-hunter-ol/

Capcom is a secret Tencent joint development of “Monster Hunter OL”
January 10 at Billboard awards ceremony Tencent game “Legend of the Father” said Yao Zhuang constitution, Tencent is developing “Monster Hunter OL”.
Yao Zhuang constitution, said in the roundtable session, 2011, Tencent is most concerned about product development, adapted from the handheld platform, the famous game “Monster Hunter OL”, but do not know whether the successful launch in 2011. Site moderator did not directly answer the question Yao cents, only that this issue needs at the ceremony by the same mutual entertainment scene Tencent Cheng Wu vice president replied, but after the presentation session, the issue was forgotten by Tencent, No one responded.

November, 2009, there are rumors that Capcom Tencent has received independent research and development of Japanese firms, the famous PSP game “Monster Hunter” on-line version of the distribution rights in China. However, as time, rumors evolved into Tencent Capcom has been developed in cooperation with local Chinese for the “Monster Hunter OL”, but the official website has yet to make any response on these rumors.

Hex

Banned
I love Gawker Media, but Kotaku really is the butthole of the whole conglomerate. Thanks Bashcraft!

I have an odd thing with Kotaku.
If my rum and whiskey soaked memory serves, it was a comment on a Kotaku story waaaaaaaaaaaay back many lifetimes ago that led me to NeoGaf for the first time.
So there will always be that, but then I realized that oddly enough I usually heard everything from other places first so I stopped having to go to that site.
(Plus in the early PS3 days it was just stupid how blatant the PS3 hate was on Kotaku running with the stupidest half assed stories).

I just peeked at the site for the first time in forever and I do not even recognize it.
Stories about dating advice, and cheaters passing diseases and Kristen Stewart telling being a waste of time and all kinds of other ...stuff.
Not going to hate another man's gimmick or hustle as it were, but like I said I just do not even recognize the site anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom