• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey demo coming next month?

bloke

Well someone at 2ch got new issue of Famitsu Xbox360 and said they're announcing Lost Odyssey demo inside for the next number (late Sept) meaning demo will be at TGS then, if true.
No scan of an article but he presented photo of frontpage (nice DR cover).

iup253134.jpg

Uncle

My first reaction was no wai, but didn't they promise a demo for this year a long time ago? And damn, that is a sweet cover.

llTll

Banned
let them release a real time screen shot of the game before we talk about demo.

what a stupid thing.

this and blue dragon, going the way true fantasy online went

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
demi said:
How do you set up an account to access Japanese content?

Same way you would for American content... just enter a Japanese address.. Also Japanese companies are pretty bad about putting demos out in Japan. It might stay in disk format only...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
demi said:
Cool, what's available so far in Japan for demos? Anything good?
Nothing really interesting.
As for the Lost Odyssey demo, yes it's true. I doubt it will be downloadable anytime soon though.
And of course it will be available right after the TGS, so I won't be able to buy it when I'm in Tokyo next month. Sigh.

Rhindle

There's no point signing up for a Japanese account at the moment. They put jack squat on there.

It's useful only because they sometimes post new XBLA games on there before the US servers.

iup253134.jpg

That Dead Rising cover is the greatest cover I've ever witnessed in the entire history of gaming magazines. I DEMAND THE ORIGINAL PIC IN HIGH RES CAPCOM!!!!

ethelred

Karma Kramer said:
I can't believe Blue Dragon is coming out this year. There has been absolutely no media on this game.

That's true, with the exception of all the magazine scans and the videos and screenshots. None at all.

Hunter D

Karma Kramer said:
I can't believe Blue Dragon is coming out this year. There has been absolutely no media on this game.
Yep. Only Japan is getting any love. Reminds me of the SNES days when gamepro would run only one article for the whole time its in development and then review it following month, without mentioning they would be reviewing the following month.

ethelred said:
That's true, with the exception of all the magazine scans and the videos and screenshots. None at all.

Theres been one video from like a year ago, and theres been a couple of screenshots that were taken right from trailer.

Nothing playable, no hands-on impressions, no real press releases, nothing...

Karma Kramer said:
Theres been one video from like a year ago, and theres been a couple of screenshots that were taken right from trailer.

disconcerting.....yes

Jonnyram

Karma Kramer said:
Much like Japanese PS3 titles, in fact.
It's coming... too much is at stake for it to miss this holiday.

Karma Kramer said:

I think it's pretty obvious that MS has been purposely holding back for an attempt to knock Sony on it's butt at TGS. They're going to do it point for point I'll bet.

They have GT we have Forza!
They have FF we have LO!
They have DQ we have BD! (yes, I know... an EXAMPLE)
etc...
AND we're 200 dollars less AND we're HERE and NOW!

It's probably the best strategy for winning over Japan, I guess. Show the king as a fool sort of thing.

Mefisutoferesu said:
I think it's pretty obvious that MS has been purposely holding back for an attempt to knock Sony on it's butt at TGS. They're going to do it point for point I'll bet.

They have FF we have LO!
etc...
AND we're 200 dollars less AND we HERE and NOW!

It's probably the best strategy for winning over Japan, I guess. Show the king as a fool sort of thing.

Good point.. we will see

llTll

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:

They have FF we have LO!
etc...

problem is, things dont work out that way in japan :lol

gconsole

Mefisutoferesu said:

They have FF we have LO!
etc...

Yeah We'll see :)

puebla

Blimblim said:
Nothing really interesting.
As for the Lost Odyssey demo, yes it's true. I doubt it will be downloadable anytime soon though.
And of course it will be available right after the TGS, so I won't be able to buy it when I'm in Tokyo next month. Sigh.
have you heard anything good or bad about the demo Blim?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
puebla said:
have you heard anything good or bad about the demo Blim?
I didn't hear *anything* about the demo, except that it was coming.
I'm still hoping MS will do like they did with the awesome Metal Wolf Chaos demo and put it in the TGS press kit. That would be all kind of awesome.

Slightly OT but uh..

Any new DoA X2 coverage in that issue?

Oh and the Dead Rising cover is sex, wallpaper quality if Capcom/whoever drew it would release a picture of it.

duckroll

Like with everything else from Mistwalker, I'll believe it when we actually see it. Incidentally, we haven't seen much from their games...... at all! :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
Like with everything else from Mistwalker, I'll believe it when we actually see it. Incidentally, we haven't seen much from their games...... at all! :lol
Yep. From what I've been told, it's all at Sakaguchi's request. I'm sure MS would love to hype this game through the roof.

bloke

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Anything good?
Itagaki praising his programmers for that 'sunburn simulator'...bah, guy that had magazine wasnt saying much whats inside, I wanted to know what Kengo 0 and Sylpheed scored and whether there's info on 360's version of AC4. Probably someone else on 2ch will spill it soon enough.

bloke said:
Itagaki praising his programmers for that 'sunburn simulator'...bah, guy that had magazine wasnt saying much whats inside, I wanted to know what Kengo 0 and Sylpheed scored and whether there's info on 360's version of AC4. Probably someone else on 2ch will spill it soon enough.

Ugh that sucks. The sunburn/tanline simulation is the thing I'm least interested in in DoA X2. Thanks anyway.

duckroll

Kleegamefan said:
Lost Odysee with be the true test of the power of Unreal Engine 3.0 :)

Will it really? All I've heard is that Japanese developers are really struggling with getting familiar with UE3.0, which was another reason why Frame City Killer was canned. Regardless of how the game turns out, I don't think Japanese developers who are not familiar with western middleware using the UE3.0 engine is remotely a "true test" of the power. If anything, Gears of War and UT2007 are better tests because they're actually from Epic, the people that MADE the engine. :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
Will it really? All I've heard is that Japanese developers are really struggling with getting familiar with UE3.0, which was another reason why Frame City Killer was canned. Regardless of how the game turns out, I don't think Japanese developers who are not familiar with western middleware using the UE3.0 engine is remotely a "true test" of the power. If anything, Gears of War and UT2007 are better tests because they're actually from Epic, the people that MADE the engine. :p
The Lost Odyssey team has a bit more experience in shaders and other "modern" GPU stuff since they have people from the Magatama and Phantom Dust teams working there. Magatama definitely wasn't a good game, but it did some nice things graphically. And Phantom Dust was incredible visually. So even if they struggle with the actual middleware, at least they won't have too much problems with the technology itself. Hopefully.

Mefisutoferesu said:

They have FF we have LO!
etc...

:lol :lol :lol nobody gives a crap about Forza and LO in Japan. And the only reason, why there is a little interest in BD, is because of teh Toriyama art in the game.

and the best strategy for MS to winning over Japan, is to buy Square, Capcom and Konami.

In Lost Odyssey your character is immortal and we get to see his everyday life and the conflicts over the centuries, did I understand that right?

Top Bottom