• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] GTA 6 Might Be Coming Out as Soon as Next Year

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
TgDCB4MmJ8DxFdoG.jpg

Publisher Take-Two Interactive may have just teased the release window for the next entry in the biggest gaming franchise of all time: Grand Theft Auto 6. It could be on the way as soon as next year.

In a press release issued alongside its yearly earnings report, Take-Two shared projections for the coming years, including a massive projection for fiscal years 2025 and 2026. For context, fiscal 2025 will begin in April of 2024:

Looking ahead, Fiscal 2025 is a highly anticipated year for our Company," the release states. "For the last several years, we have been preparing our business to release an incredibly robust pipeline of projects that we believe will take our company to even greater levels of success. In Fiscal 2025, we expect to enter this new era by launching several groundbreaking titles that we believe will set new standards in our industry and enable us to achieve over $8 billion in Net Bookings and over $1 billion in Adjusted Unrestricted Operating Cash Flow. We expect to sustain this momentum by delivering even higher levels of operating results in Fiscal 2026 and beyond.

So to achieve a goal of $8 billion, Take-Two would need to make significant acquisitions, or release nearly double the amount of games it historically has, or release at least one absolute behemoth of a game. Notably, Take-Two expects to do even better in its takings the following year, something that seems impossible without something like GTA Online built on the foundations of a brand new GTA game to propel its revenue sky high. It's hard to imagine any other franchise, or even multiple new games combined, doing these kinds of numbers.

We asked Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick about my theory on a call today ahead of its earnings announcement, and he declined to confirm or deny it, noting that it's not Take-Two's practice to talk about specific, unannounced titles in earnings reports such as this.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So 6 years after RDR2 which itself took 5 years to make. Sounds about right.

Sucks that Rockstar has become a one game company though. I really liked their output from 2008 to 2013 when they shipped GTA4, RDR1, GTAV, Max Payne 3, and helped with several other games like LA Noire, Midnight Club etc.

So 6 years after RDR2 which itself took 5 years to make. Sounds about right.

Sucks that Rockstar has become a one game company though. I really liked their output from 2008 to 2013 when they shipped GTA4, RDR1, GTAV, Max Payne 3, and helped with several other games like LA Noire, Midnight Club etc.
It sucks, but at least they still make games unlike Valve. Valve was making banger after banger and then suddenly nothing.

Caio

At this point I don't care if it will be released Q4 2024 or 2025; I just hope they will not cut too much content in order to make 2024. By the way, the Game will crush the net on Day One, total madness, it will be funny :D

Kurotri

At this point I don't care if it will be released Q4 2024 or 2025; I just hope they will not cut too much content in order to make 2024. By the way, the Game will crush the net on Day One, total madness, it will be funny :D
Yeah tbh while I'm excited about the game as anyone else I'm even more excited about the monster fallout that'll happen the day it releases heh

nani17

are in a big trouble
All they have to do is release a 12 second teaser trailer and they'll break the Internet

The loss of Dan Houser will be apparent, or maybe not.
People say this a lot.. but after what gta v turned out to be maybe we'll be lucky and it'll turn out better? Let's hope we have a lot of people building the game that have a fond memory of Vice City. Call me glass half full.

I wouldn't mind this game getting delayed until 2025. You get one GTA a decade(if we are lucky), might as well give them the time to make it truly revolutionary. I'm not worried about the world being fantastic, but rather the gameplay. Imagine how much better GTA V/online would be with top tier gun play?

Neilg

It's a nice thought, but not guaranteed. They can tell their investors this and then 'delay' it before it is even announced. It won't affect stock price as it'll be so close to release, they'd be mad to not ride it out.
A GTA is the one game that would not bow to investor pressure to release early.

One thing I can almost guarantee is that GTA 6 very likely will not be launching on PC next year as Rockstar have always prioritised the consoles first with the PC version released sometime later, usually a year or more after.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I hope they improve the missions design. It is going to be outdated if they are going to follow the same formula.

Top Bottom