• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: A Hero Awakens (10 Minute Singleplayer ViDoc)

Wow.

This is seriously looking great, its insane what they are getting out of this visually. Really seems like the story will be something special this time around, I imagine we are in for some good cutscenes. Also, while not Marty, I am liking the music.

Not particularly related, but have they shown off forge at all? I haven't been keeping up with the game much.

They showed some Forge stuff back in July. They've only shown 1 of the 3 Forge environments so far though AFAIK. Maybe we'll see some more today?

Vire

The last line really got me...

Really highly recommend this video to everyone. Amazingly well produced and it shows how much love and care is going into this game.

Yo Gotti

Banned
That was cool, though Metal Gear is a tough act to follow.

I just hope they don't take the Chief/Cortana relationship and Cortana going crazy thing too far.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This seriously already looks better than halo 2, 3 and reaches campaign multiplied by each other

I'm in awe right now

The idea of a Halo game with a modicum of thought put towards story/character is certainly intriguing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It's kind of strange that the voice actors don't also perform motion capture (like in Uncharted). The way it's done in Halo 4, the voice actors in the studio have to match up with the facial animation performed by someone else. I hope it doesn't lead to instances where the voice and lips don't match up properly.

ElRenoRaven

All I can say after watching that is one word.

WOW!!!!!!

Um yea WOW! Um That without a doubt has actually made me interested without a doubt.

S1kkZ

It's kind of strange that the voice actors don't also perform motion capture (like in Uncharted). The way it's done in Halo 4, the voice actors in the studio have to match up with the facial animation performed by someone else. I hope it doesn't lead to instances where the voice and lips don't match up properly.

it will but its better than not having the original voices of cortana and chief.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Interesting, I had no idea.

It goes back to how "they" used to get names. The name told a story about who you were, it wasn't simply given at birth.

Your name literally told a story about you and could have been a badge of honor, humor, and/or shame. (this would all depend on tribes and naming traditions though)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Don't forget they need faces that are roughly similar to what they have in game

It's an acceptable trade off

That's because as those voice actors have great voices, their physical capablities might not match what is needed to perform for a scene.

feel

Fantastic stuff. Can't wait for Cortana/Chief's story to finally resume.

Motion actors seem really into their scenes, I loved that. Cortana motion actress is freakin gorgeous.

7he Talon

Game visualy looks good.

I don't know how I feel about them giving the Chief more depth. The game looks too dramatic.

Proelite

Both visually and cinematically this game look like it improved by the same amount over Halo 3 as Halo 3 over Halo2.

Animations, direction, and graphically it looks stunning. Looked just as good cinematically as the MGS ground zero bits we saw today imo.

Izick

I'm so ready for this game. So fucking ready. I haven't been this excited for a Halo in quite a while. Everything is just shaping up to be something really special, and I think it's such a great sign for 343 that they managed to take this franchise to the next level, in spite of all the naysayers and speculation.

Paradicia

Game visualy looks good.

I don't know how I feel about them giving the Chief more depth. The game looks too dramatic.

I think it's great they're giving him more of a backstory. Something that was missing from the previous games but ever present in the books. They seem to be approaching it pretty well so far.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cortana is smokin'.

iRaKsahS5blDl.gif

i7gySiBpFWdPI.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bailout!

Hahaha love those gifs

edit: Jeez look at the way he grills the chief. He's about to get fucked up though lol

cullenx

Banned
This is the only reason I still have a shitBOX. Seriously, besides this franchise, Microsoft has nothing. Commence hate parade.

Sean

Banned
I'm very impressed with Halo 4 so far. It seems like 343 is giving the game a lot of love and care in every area - the audio, music, story, graphics, art. Game seems extremely ambitious.

Can someone gif the 10:02 - 06 mark please?

Izick

Looks great. Game seems to have a crazy budget - both in the staff amassed for it and in production costs.

You gotta spend money to make money. Not to mention Halo is always a slam-dunk sales wise anyway, so I'm happy Microsoft and 343 are doing the right thing and taking the series in the direction it deserves to go in.

You know, I've lost a lot of respect for MS's stuff over the years, the way they changed focus from getting good in-house devs and exclusives for the 360, to the way they've changed their PC OS. I bought a PS3 solely for their exclusives, and a large part of why I recently bought a Macbook Air was because of how disjointed and odd Windows 8 felt (or at least the Dev build), but I can say that Microsoft has always given Halo the respect and resources it deserves, and continues to do so.

Realtime. Xbox 360 in 2012.

Exactly why I think MGS: GZ will look the way it does in the trailer.

This is the only reason I still have a shitBOX. Seriously, besides this franchise, Microsoft has nothing. Commence hate parade.

Really?

xJavonta

Banned
OMG

The emotion expressed with Cortana is insane. Brought chills down my spine.

This may be the first Halo campaign that I'll actually care about

Top Bottom