• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm hyped, but I'm lowering my expectations to some release info and a few new trailers. No surprises.

irU2vhtn7BhZ7.gif

#WiiU
#ReasonablyHyped

test_account

XP-39C²
Why not just review the game for the system that it's currently announced for? Could it be ported elsewhere? Sure. But as of now (and likely as of Legends release) it's a Wii U-only title and it should be reviewed as such. Those same reviewers can create separate articles if they want to talk about the possibility of ports happening for certain games.
I agree that it isnt necessary to mention it, but as long as it is simply just mentioned as one small tidbit at the end of the review, and also make clear that it isnt confirmed information, i dont see the problem with it. Doing this shouldnt take anything away from the game.

Hiltz

So, question.

Would the Wii U be capable of 1080p Batman/ME3/AC3 etc?

Nope. Developer Straight Right (the one handling ME3 port) said the game won't run in 1080p. Naturally, we're going to assume Batman and pretty much every other major AAA title will run at 720p.

Oersted

The Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will receive a proper introduction shortly.

There is news circulating on Japanese blogs that Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada accidentally revealed during today’s Bandai Namco Live TV show that the game will be making an appearance during Nintendo’s Wii U presentation tomorrow. It isn’t entirely clear if he was referring to the Japanese event, North American conference, or both.

In any case, look forward to an update tomorrow!

http://nintendoeverything.com/98604...o-be-introduced-during-presentation-tomorrow/

ZombiU:

GamePad used as a barricade (new)

“We tried to put as many GamePad features in the game so there are plenty of them. One of which we haven’t discussed before is that you will be able to barricade yourself. You will find planks in the environment and you can lift your GamePad in front of the door and tap the screen to nail the planks.

“I can assure you that doing this knowing that there are three or four zombies coming behind the door provides a lot of stress. Knowing that if you don’t do it right they will blow the door and come at your and bite you and kill you, it turns it into something very stressful in the context of a survival horror.”

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...u-6-inventive-ways-it-uses-the-wii-u-gamepad/

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
GAF: Damn it Nintendo why haven't you shown us anything outside of the launch window!

Nintendo: Haven't we? ;)

*Black Wii U announced as indeterminate 2013 release*

D-e-f-

Banned
Seems like a mistake at any rate. The only GBA Dr. Mario was a port of the NES title.

I wouldn't really consider a big GBA section with logo and everything on the official Nintendo site a mistake, though. We know it's gonna happen sooner or later, they didn't do the ambassador GBA emulation just to be nice to us.

Hiltz

GAF: Damn it Nintendo why haven't you shown us anything outside of the launch window!

Nintendo: Haven't we? ;)

*Black Wii U announced as indeterminate 2013 release*

Nintendo, no fooling around this time. Give us confirmation of black Wii U tomorrow. You can't tease us up to this point with two launch colors and then take it away, that's not right. We know where you live.

Wii U, Wii Me; Wii for always
That's the way it should be
Wii U, Wii Me; say it together
Naturally

I had a dream I had an awesome dream
People in the park playing games in the dark
And what they played was Diablo 3 U
And from behind of walls of doubt a voice was crying out

RedSwirl

Nintendo's twitter said we'd be able to stream this on a mobile device. I assume that just means on their website?

It'd also be nice if there were a way to stream this on a TV.

pvpness

GamePad used as a barricade (new)

“We tried to put as many GamePad features in the game so there are plenty of them. One of which we haven’t discussed before is that you will be able to barricade yourself. You will find planks in the environment and you can lift your GamePad in front of the door and tap the screen to nail the planks.

“I can assure you that doing this knowing that there are three or four zombies coming behind the door provides a lot of stress. Knowing that if you don’t do it right they will blow the door and come at your and bite you and kill you, it turns it into something very stressful in the context of a survival horror.”

Nice! Hadn't heard of this yet. Soooo hyped for Zombi U.

bumpkin

Welp, there goes my productivity at work from 10am 'til whenever the presentation ends. It's going to be like E3 all over again, except this time with a pay-off.

D-e-f-

Banned
Nintendo's twitter said we'd be able to stream this on a mobile device. I assume that just means on their website?

There will be. After the Wii U launch you'll even be able to watch it on your GamePad wohooo! *nosedivesontothefloorfornoreason*

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naturally

You're losin it man!!!

Just been checking out what Arkam said about the specs thread. He's had a bit of a turn around from 'meh' to "can't wait to see what this little beast can do." Ummm. Also good to know that DX10.1/ SM 4.0 quotes were only baselines at this time.

ozfunghi

Naturally

Lionell, ahead of his time again.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just been checking out what Arkam said about the specs thread. He's had a bit of a turn around from 'meh' to "can't wait to see what this little beast can do." Ummm. Also good to know that DX10.1/ SM 4.0 quotes were only baselines at this time.

Where is this?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, Go Nintendo then?

You can say it without being banned. Watch:

Go Nintendo x10

You can even say it without the space if you are blessed by Iwata himself: Go​Nintendo*

*Please don't ban me I'm only playing around. I wouldn't dare link to that site anywho.

Can't wait now. I hope they get straight to the point with release details etc., and leave plenty of time for videos of upcoming games/announcements.

JoeInky

You guys shouldn't hype it. It will be a rehash of E3 info, take 3. Not for us core enthusiasts but for the moms and dads.

Where's the fun in anything if you don't hype it?

Maybe for people who can't handle their hype not being met, but I'm sure most of use here are adults and know how to handle that shit.
I think.

Etzer

I might be wrong but aren't the Nintendo Directs usually on UStream? There's an Android/iOS app for that.

Edit: Yep
Japan: http://www.ustream.tv/user/Nintendo_Direct
Europe: http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK (already has the "Wii U Preview" placeholder image)

Can't find NoA's page, though.

You realize this event is just going to be like 2 minutes long - they will announce release date, price, what's in the box, and then just list off launch titles and that's it.

Source: European Patent Application EP2497551
Publication Date: 09/12/2012 Filing Date: 02/23/2012

Patent demonstrates the use of WiiU Gamepad and Balance board, to control a character in an underwater environment.
3s8jr6.png
121fd8.png

4aoyp9u.png
4bjq99.png

It seems that the gamepad is responsible for pitch/yaw/roll of character and balance board for..."dolphin kicking". (yes, that's how the patent calls it)

Old? Was this kind of WiiU gamepad/balance board combo shown before - other than that tramboline game/demo?

Maybe a Nintendo Land "activity"?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You realize this event is just going to be like 2 minutes long - they will announce release date, price, what's in the box, and then just list off launch titles and that's it.

What are you talking about? They are going to spend at least 30 minutes showing off how to make a Samuel L Jackson Mii with the touchscreen and why that one new additional hairpiece makes all the difference.

Oersted

Source: European Patent Application EP2497551
Publication Date: 09/12/2012 Filing Date: 02/23/2012

Patent demonstrates the use of WiiU Gamepad and Balance board, to control a character in an underwater environment.
3s8jr6.png
121fd8.png

4aoyp9u.png
4bjq99.png

It seems that the gamepad is responsible for pitch/yaw/roll of character and balance board for..."dolphin kicking". (yes, that's how the patents calls it)

Old? Was this kind of WiiU gamepad/balance board combo shown before - other than that tramboline game/demo?

Maybe a Nintendo Land "activity"?

part of the new wave race. boom, i said it.

PhantomR

Banned

I have an iPad with an Apple TV. This conference is going to look good on the 46" TV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom