• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakai

Tomorrow is not going to be an E3 replacement.

g600616996.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
first: we missed you rösti.

second: would be difficult to do it worse, when you want to reveal more than before.
I've been having problems with antivirus and firewall options, so I have avoided using my Windows computer as much. Currently I'm on my ancient Mac mini which is good for internet browsing, but not much more than that. As I have work which can only be done on my Windows computer, I have had to switch back and forth repeatedly. This made me quite irritated and fatigue has prevented me from writing here too much. Hopefully I can get this mess sorted soon.

As for the upcoming reveal of this and that, worst I can imagine would be only pricing and release date announced, plus a brief mention of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. People are expecting something new, titles for 2013, demonstration of online systems etc., so a miniscule amount of new information probably won't cut it, but maybe you would do best anticipating nothing further than that?

RedSwirl

I don't expect Retro's game tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if they saved it for next E3 as one of Nintendo's big fall 2013 games.

Oersted

Rösti;42021004 said:
I've been having problems with antivirus and firewall options, so I have avoided using my Windows computer as much. Currently I'm on my ancient Mac mini which is good for internet browsing, but not much more than that. As I have work which can only be done on my Windows computer, I have had to switch back and forth repeatedly. This made me quite irritated and fatigue has prevented me from writing here too much. Hopefully I can get this mess sorted soon.

As for the upcoming reveal of this and that, worst I can imagine would be only pricing and release date announced, plus a brief mention of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. People are expecting something new, titles for 2013, demonstration of online systems etc., so a miniscule amount of new information probably won't cut it, but maybe you would do best anticipating nothing further than that?

wish you all the best. Edit: looking at it, it sounds completly over the top. but you will get what i mean^^.

they announced that we exactly can expect this. failing on this would be astounishing and wouldnt make the slightest sense. they teased more for the e3, failing was easier.and yes, we would do best anticipating nothing further than that. but further can happen. whatever that means. atleast they have to show us the upcoming zelda/monolith /retro game and the misterious miyamoto project. but i wouldnt expect any of these titles tomorrow.

GringoJB

So is there any more info on when GameStop will start taking preorders? Any managers on here?

That's the bit of info that I'm watching these threads for, too... I'm going to head to mine after work and see if I can extract some info from anyone about tomorrow ;-) I guess it's a good sign that tomorrow's US event is at 10am Eastern (when the first US GameStops would open... maybe they *will* have preorders available when they open that day...?)

MarkusRJR

So there is Direct AND some conference yea? Wens conference and is it streaming somewheres?
There's 2 Nintendo Directs (one for Europe and one for Japan) and there's a conference that'll be streamed for North America. Each will presumably give us launch details for their region. I'd assume the EU and JP streams are on the usual Nintendo Direct sites and the conference is supposedly being streamed on the Nintendo of America Facebook page (or possibly the Wii U page).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I expect some new titles from the Japan ND just because Nintendo and 3rd parties have been so silent. But probably no huge megatons.

The_Lump

Banned
Can anyone varify if this is true: Every Nintendo home console has launched at 25,000 yen? Just read it somewhere but I hate the site so I'm not believing it.

Demoli

Damn I can't contain the Hype.

I wonder if the misterious game that was supposedly pulled out of E3 at the last moment will make an appearence?

Tomorrow is not going to be an E3 replacement.

Well, at the very least, we'll get new OS details, a Black Ops II reveal, and (presumably) the lifting of whatever NDAs have blocked most Japanese third parties from announcing their support. Though I'm not convinced we'll get some JP blowout tomorrow, as opposed to a gradual trickle of announcements leading up to launch.

D-e-f-

Banned
Final speculation:

• I believe the 3 SKU rumor might be true. 1 basic bundle (249€/$), 1 NintendoLand bundle (299€/$), 1 NintendoLand & WiiMote+ & Nunchuk bundle (349€/$)
  • NA: Nov. 11 / EU/AU: Dec. 7 / Japan: inbetween
  • Pikmin 3: January 2013 / P-100: February/March 2013
  • BLOPS2 = the Shane Satterfield tease/E3 leftover
  • NFS Most Wanted to be announced finally
  • fresh 2013 titles teased with logos or in sizzlereel
  • Inafune's game will be on Wii U (reveal date tomorrow is not a coincidence)
  • The World Ends With You sequel teased (maybe downloadable for WIi U eShop?)
  • No Resident Evil 6 port announced (yet)

Btw you guys think there'll also be 3DS news? Nintendo Australia leaked out upcoming official GBA games for VC!

Kacho

I expect some new titles from the Japan ND just because Nintendo and 3rd parties have been so silent. But probably no huge megatons.

Do you still feel confident about the rumored Monster Hunter U?

You were right about Nintendo announcing Japanese Wii U titles before the US event. Now that this has happened, I'm more confident they'll announce and show off some of those Japanese titles for the US launch.

Azure J

Everyone in the live stream thread might beg to differ.

Events like this always get my hype flowing because I can never* lose:

- Event is great? I have shit to look forward to for months
- Event is extremely bad? GAF impressions and meltdowns for days

*Exception: If a conference is middling enough, I get nothing out of it, an almost lose. See Nintendo E3 2012

Hakai

Black will for sure be avaiable for launch!!! Look at the image with the black Wii U, the logo in a Black BG in the Reggie video.

BELIEVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom