• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewox

Banned
Then you can blame Nintendo exclusively for laying them out to look as weak as possible.

It's come to a level that I can mention it, not just being my own hunches but it's becoming clear.

I've though of this the last time it was out and on another forum I said that those specs looked like they have been purposelly constructed to not reveal true power and nobody could calculate actual performance out of that, these new specs are even more ridicolous in that aspect.

I think we need to realize that nintendo totally expected leaks, and consumer stuff is not even the problem, it's more of industry espionage protection, they have to deal with that stuff way more professionally, I don't yet understand what benefit does it have, but they certainly WANT to confuse the industry analysts, and they're doing a geat job, just look at michael pachter, he has not idea what he's talking about.

If these so called specs are out that would somehow not enourage other sneakers to dig deeper into uncovering all kinds of details and possibly leaking that either intentionally or not.

One of the biggest reasons is obviously competitior defense, they want to be as unexpected as possible, they don't want Sony and Ms to know stuff, they want to have an impression for 2 years that WiiU is just a cheap PS360 level console and that would make probably MS to jump on that smokescreen/illusion and that obviously easily affects those business-only bosses that Microsoft has, which is microsoft's biggest weakness that can lead to it's demise. I've always thought that Microsoft's success was mostly lucky, preying on the avreage uninformed american customer is pretty easy, just hyping up the marketing does the trick, those strategies don't hold any innovation creativity nor anything that will be remembered for long or being written into hall of fame records.

These specs have been constructed with leaking in mind. So I don't believe the

AzaK

Worst case scenario;

Reggie: "Heh... we can finally show you... what Retro... have been hard... at... work on. You might remember them... for the METROID PRRIIIIME games. And their expertise... in the area... of FIRST PERSON adventures... will not... go... amiss... here. Roll the trailer."

*Trails rolls for BLACK OPS: IT JUST GOT OPSIER, a dedicated Wii U port of BLOPS 2, specially and expertly ported by the folks at Retro*

Reggie: "Never again will Nintendo fans go... without COD! From today, I'd like to announce that ALL future... Call.. of... DUTY titles... will be handled on the WiiU... by Retro."

Gee thanks for the nightmares mate.

Sadist

Well it's certainly better compared to Nihilistic on CoD Vita :p

All jokes aside, I'm not expecting anything. Yeah, Most Wanted, Black Ops 2 and F1 Race Stars. And the thing about Inafking and his announcement tomorrow could be something.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ok. Now, I'm hyped.
I'd be happy also with just the PAL Direct, with price-date-sku etc...but I really hope that the Japanese event will give us a more complete view of the Japanese support, one of the two real concerns I have about Wii U up to now (the other is related to 2013 Nintendo titles, but those I know that are coming...)

Just got my San Francisco WiiU Experience invite! Nice!

It looks like its only an hour or two long...? Worth the hour drive to check out?

I drove an hour to the one in Austin and it was totally worth it. It was only an hour long but the place isn't too crowded so you'll get a chance to play all the games you want to. Also they had little tournaments for a few of the games like post the best time in a level of NSMBU and they'd give out a little Nintendo themed prize, same with the trivia at the end. I can post the pictures from the Austin one if you'd like to see what it's like.

Expensive, decided by retailers tears.

A report from a while back.

MCVUK said:
Retailers want Wii U to be priced at £250 when it launches.

But Nintendo could be prepared to set a cost price that will allow shops to sell cheaper than that – and ensure the machine is this Christmas’ must-have gaming item.

One senior publisher confidently told MCV that the price “will definitely be less than £249”.

And retailers hope that Nintendo has learnt from the difficult 3DS launch.

“It’s important we don’t go down the 3DS route of retailer-led discounting both pre- and post-launch,”

said Play.com games buyer Keith Sharpe. “I’m really impressed with Wii U, it’s got a good mix of insanely addictive mini-games and traditional ‘gamers’ titles.”

The Hut Group’s Sarah Jasper added: “The software looks fantastic, but Nintendo needs to press its messaging hard to ensure the public know this isn’t just an add-on for the Wii. Some don’t realise it’s a standalone machine.

“Hopefully, lessons have been learned from 3DS and pricing sits between £200 to £250. Then we’re onto a sure success.”

However, retailers are most keen to see a strong launch line-up.

“As with Vita, which had over 20 titles for launch, the line-up has to be strong and it’d be great to see Mario on Wii U sooner rather than later,” said Blockbuster assistant games buyer Anthony Darling.

HMV games buyer Nick Ashley continued: “We’d be keen to see Nintendo Land bundled as this will really show off Wii U’s functionality, and concentrating on the key Nintendo franchises helps to keep everyone involved.

“New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U at launch would provide an excellent foundation for Wii U’s success.”

link

A glimmer of hope...maybe :p

A glimmer of hope...maybe :p

SIMON-COWELL-HAPPY-GIF.gif

We can only hope... and pray. I mean, if it's $250 it should be way below £200, but it could be a lot worse.

Final speculation:

• £299
  • November 11th release.
  • NintendoLand packaged in.
  • NSMBU/Zombi U bundles available.
  • Will launch in Black and White.
  • RETRO's project shown on the 13th.
  • Glimpse of future first party titles on 13th.
  • BLOPS2, couple of other new announcements from Sega, Capcpom and other studios for launch window games.
  • Games reel for later 3rd and first party games, some to come as late as 2014.
  • Extra OS feature is the ability to watch friends play games and join in if you have the game/hook up for video link and give advice.
  • Reggie to resign, and as a lasting farewell, his face will be embossed on every console.

Linkup

Final speculation:

• £299 lower
  • November 11th release. yes
  • NintendoLand packaged in. noooooo, but yes
  • NSMBU/Zombi U bundles available. nope
  • Will launch in Black and White. yes
  • RETRO's project shown on the 13th. yes
  • Glimpse of future first party titles on 13th. yes
  • BLOPS2, couple of other new announcements from Sega, Capcpom and other studios for launch window games. yes
  • Games reel for later 3rd and first party games, some to come as late as 2014. no
  • Extra OS feature is the ability to watch friends play games and join in if you have the game/hook up for video link and give advice. no
  • Reggie to resign, and as a lasting farewell, his face will be embossed on every console.
hope so

Worst case scenario;

Reggie: "Heh... we can finally show you... what Retro... have been hard... at... work on. You might remember them... for the METROID PRRIIIIME games. And their expertise... in the area... of FIRST PERSON adventures... will not... go... amiss... here. Roll the trailer."

*Trails rolls for BLACK OPS: IT JUST GOT OPSIER, a dedicated Wii U port of BLOPS 2, specially and expertly ported by the folks at Retro*

Reggie: "Never again will Nintendo fans go... without COD! From today, I'd like to announce that ALL future... Call.. of... DUTY titles... will be handled on the WiiU... by Retro."
Holy fucking this, dude.

That is the worst thing I've read on gaming side.

Daschysta

Final speculation:

• £299
  • November 11th release.
  • NintendoLand packaged in.
  • NSMBU/Zombi U bundles available.
  • Will launch in Black and White.
  • RETRO's project shown on the 13th.
  • Glimpse of future first party titles on 13th.
  • BLOPS2, couple of other new announcements from Sega, Capcpom and other studios for launch window games.
  • Games reel for later 3rd and first party games, some to come as late as 2014.
  • Extra OS feature is the ability to watch friends play games and join in if you have the game/hook up for video link and give advice.

Would make the 13th. Legend-waitforit-dary!

Kacho

Tomorrow is going to be the best birthday ever. Need to ask my fiance to get me a cake with Iwata and Reggie's face on it.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really want a good excuse to convince myself to get a Wii U, but at the moment there is nothing for me. Just give me a Zelda HD collection or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom