• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

it's okay. you should be able to walk in day one and pick it up if the 3ds, ds, and gamecube are any indication

Yea but i'm rather expect Wii all over then to risk missing out day 1 like what happen to me on Wii and I was ready to preorder back then and just missed it and could never get an online preorder.

Kiryu

Dude

There is a big live press conference for NOA
No one said it was livestream right? I just didn't know about it. :O

If they have live stream conference then gimme the link or they will give the link out tomorrow or early Thursday.

gillFTR

Im excited for a new console, but I barely touched my Wii. Are they also going to announce the release day games also ? Watched some P-100 gameplay at PAX, only game Im interested in right now.

Nibel

Just looking through my E3 Gaf folder, will never forget

iSLmdCwKjIKZE.png

iJc6M7v9KnSZP.jpg

ibmVXC0HruZ9Wu.jpg

ibnMkwGEnxhrQH.jpg

iDvo0uXfXUAJF.jpg

i3vh76C1dtgUT.jpg

Hero

Been thinking about games we know of right now and what I'm going to get.

On launch day I'm thinking:

New Super Mario Bros Wii
Pikmin 3
Zombi U

Whenever they come out:

Pikmin 3
P-100

Wait to hear more impressions:

Rayman Legends
Assassin's Creed 3

Kiryu

I remember that unannounced Wii U that Retro held back at E3 2012 were...

Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask U!

Nibel's Neogaf pictures reminded me of Majora Mask remake game lol

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
hope its not BLOPs2

It is.
I'm almost sure that the western not-yet-confirmed titles for the launch window are BLOPS2, F1 Racing Star and NfS Most wanted.

Hoping for more Japanese reveals before the launch.

BTW, I have to admit that, the more I see new info-imgs-trailers of already announced games (such as New Mario, Land, Rayman and Trine, on which we got updates in the last couple of days) the more I'm interested in the launch window of the console.

What still buffles me is that at E3 Nintendo at E3 2012 basically just confirmed the E3 2011 anticipated lineup (New Mario was showns as a demo, Pikmin was announced years ago, Land was shown with the Battle-Chase-Mii demoes, Wii Fit U was shown during the trailer and so on...) and gave us no teaser trailer for 2013 incoming software (could be Yoshi and Starfox, for example).

this, plus the silence about Japanese support is what still scares me about the Wii U, because otherwise at the right price I'd be sure to buy it considering that I'd like a dozen titles already announced for the first 3/4 months...

amazing that Japan is last to announce an ND

TGS could be the major factor here

DQX U is a issue since SE said TGS everyone in Japan must be saving WiiU titles for TGS

It's amazing to me that people on this forum still believes this bullshit. It's getting really tiring reading it over and over again.

Honestly... If the Wii U really ends up only being 2X as powerful as the 360, I'm guessing it will be very much like Wii vs Gamecube, spec wise. She's(assuming user is a she by the nic) right that we really can't expect much, and when we do, it's gonna have to be under the same resolution and framerate of a 360/PS3 game to make an accurate comparison(notably multi platform ports). Lighting and textures will be noticeable if devs put effort into it.

And we all know how Wii's games turned out, as tons of Wii games didn't match F-Zero GX, Twilight Princess, Rogue Squadron, Windwaker, etc graphically(obviously requires effort though). Seems to me that only a handful or two wii games were really pushed from their hardware. Brawl would be a very example, and arguably MP3 and maybe SMG series(though I remember SMG leak on gamecube). Not sure about Skyward Sword though. Anyone wanna clarify if skyward sword is possible on the cube? /:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was going to suggest Shibata. Looking at Google there are hardly any pictures of him. Most of them are captures from Nintendo Directs. You know it's bad when images from posts made yesterday on GAF appear in the results.

Stewox

Banned
It's far more complicated than that I'm afraid...

The CPU, whatever it actually is, seems to roughly match and possibly exceed a Phenom II clock for clock. Assuming IBM really managed to achieve that, which I doubt considering the 750 line is dead and buried for years, we'd be talking one hell of an "enhancement". Pentium M to Core levels, basically (and yes, the latest Core series of CPUs are pretty much "enhanced" Pentium Ms from 2003). And that's the main problem: Maybe the specs are technically correct, but they're extremely incomplete and the way they're presented is highly biased. It doesn't really tell us anything about GPU performance for example, but on the other hand, it only mentions RAM available to developers. I believe the PS3 initially reserved 96MB? But nobody claimed the PS3 had 160MB RAM.

So there you go. The specs tell us nothing about performance or featureset, or anything, really, but seem to be laid out in a way to make the system look as weak as possible. I don't expect it to be a beast or anything, but this is just bullshit.

If I said I would disagree I would be lying.

Hope it isn't, for his sake! Hardly the stuff dreams are made of.

Worst case scenario;

Reggie: "Heh... we can finally show you... what Retro... have been hard... at... work on. You might remember them... for the METROID PRRIIIIME games. And their expertise... in the area... of FIRST PERSON adventures... will not... go... amiss... here. Roll the trailer."

*Trails rolls for BLACK OPS: IT JUST GOT OPSIER, a dedicated Wii U port of BLOPS 2, specially and expertly ported by the folks at Retro*

Reggie: "Never again will Nintendo fans go... without COD! From today, I'd like to announce that ALL future... Call.. of... DUTY titles... will be handled on the WiiU... by Retro."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom