• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: Wii U will sell out for months (through April 2013)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Uh oh--Pachter hasn't been right about Nintendo in a LONG time.

Prepare for price drop and ambassador program next year!

C'mon guys, clearly Pach has the inside tip from Ninty that they're going to do the same artificial supply shortage/scarcity marketing that they did during the early Wii days.

I kid. I kid. But only about Pach having inside tips.

Hakai

XWAvo.gif

Pachter is consciously using his power, poor Nintendo =/

Lethality

Wait, so it's going to fail?
Guess he finally figured out that anything he says will be the complete opposite.
Wii U doomed, folks.

meppi

I think I can play this game as well.

The new iPhone will sell loads and be in high demand for months to come!

Look at me! I'm an analizer! ;P

Uh oh--Pachter hasn't been right about Nintendo in a LONG time.

Prepare for price drop and ambassador program next year!

Remember when he said that Nintendo would be lucky to get 10% of the market with the Wii and that 3DS was underpriced at $250. He's hit the nail on the head constantly. This guy has a flawless track record when it comes to Nintendo hardware predictions.

First CoD is "hardcore". Now it's casual? Huh?

CoD has always been casual to some people, including my good self, and will be until they get rid of aim-assist and auto-regenerating health. Same goes for the vast majority of shooters these days unfortunately. ZombiU is going to be a breath of fresh air for me personally.

It'll only sell out because Nintendo won't make enough to satisfy launch demand, since they know demand won't ever be at those levels again.

Just like Blizzard and Diablo III servers.

Subitai

I don't know about April, but through mid Feb., seems pretty plausible. After that though, it will be very interesting.

Won't be that easy though with the PS360 bundles coming out.

Oersted

that contradicts almost everything he said in the past.

yep. game analyst is one of the most pointless jobs in human history.

donny2112

artificial supply shortage/scarcity marketing that they did during the early Wii days.

*insert JoshuaJSlone's graph showing that Wii had more consoles shipped near launch than any system in history*

... and it was still a near complete sellout for 2.5 years in the U.S. Maybe that's too hard for people to grasp even years later?

Terrell

Haha, whatever Pachter says, the opposite always comes true! That means the Wii U will do poorly! Haha!

Has anybody made that joke yet?

You're the first. After all, it's not a joke if you're convinced what you're saying is true, and I have my suspicions about how superstitious this crowd is.

Top Bottom