• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: Wii U will sell out for months (through April 2013)

Is this man schizophrenic? Like a week ago he was hating on them like he was on gamefaqs and call their doom if price is beyond 250.

Didn't he say something similar about the 3DS?

Nintendo must be in panic mode reading this.

He said they were crazy for launching the 3DS at such a low price.
So it could be worse.

7 million units through march is kinda optimistic.

6-7M is roughly Nintendo's Sales forecast. They expect 10.5 Wii+Wii U sold for the year ending in March, and Wii is still dropping steadily.

Could be optimistic if they can't get enough out before January.

Not particularly seeing how 007 Legends or Transformers are any particular signs that they're pitching casual, but whatever.

Also, Pachter trolling.

MrKaepora

I'm on my phone. Can someone post his 3DS quote how it was too cheap at $250?

Pachter: Nintendo will regret low 3DS price

"I'm impressed that they had the confidence to charge $249; I think that they're going to regret it," warns the mighty steed. "It's going to sell out and they're leaving money on the table. I'm impressed that they're this consumer friendly -- that really matters. So it's not shareholder friendly, but consumers are going to love the $249 price point. We can call bullsh*t on Reggie [Fils-Aime] a lot, but I actually agree with him. If you explain the feature set to most consumers, they would say $300 or more. So $249 is a bargain, and I think this thing is going to be on eBay for $500 immediately."
LOL!!!

Pachter is way funnier than Penny Arcade. Does the guy have a daily comic strip? I could use that to have a little smile while drinking my morning coffee.

Hero

5nPFP.jpg

Someone needs to shop this Reggie picture together with the Keanu Reeves is sad picture.

yon61

I have had a bad feeling the Wii U will struggle to sell, looks like Pachter has put the stamp of certification on it for me

18-Volt

He also believes that Activision’s support of the Wii U with a lot of casual titles (sans Black Ops 2), signals that “they think the Wii U market is casual
No, games sound like the usual Activision. Skylanders, Bond, Call of Duty and some licensed crap. By 2013, they'll have other annual titles for the console, a Spiderman game, more Marvel stuff and Tony Hawk. Maybe something different once in a while like Prototype. Activision never stopped supporting Nintendo consoles. They always found a way and ported/downgraded their HD games to Wii console. Now their task is a lot easier.

Top Bottom